ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

DemonsRUsh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem installing, I have the digital version of the game but I think my problem is not knowing what NTR is and how to launch it, how where to place on the SD card that I use for my game.

chiefpiggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use thi patch what I need ? I have only homebrew with hans :(
no you cannot do it currently with only HANS. dasding can you please let people know in the original post that HANS is not compatible(not just saying that it is "said to not work") so people can stop spamming the page with this question?

DemonsRUsh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I think I just read that I can't use this if I have a clean 3ds, just digital copy startup and play is this true? no NTR no gateway 3ds no nothing?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of translating the quest names? I know it isn't absolutely necessary, but it does make it easier when looking for a specific quest.

Also, I feel it would be of great benefit if @dasding and @Februarysn0w could trade notes, as he/she is working on translating the MHX save editor. Keep up the good work, guys! :grog:

Last edited by Drak0rex,

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it still possible to use the gateway cheats with the translation patch applied or the address will change?

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance of translating the quest names? I know it isn't absolutely necessary, but it does make it easier when looking for a specific quest.

Also, I feel it would be of great benefit if @dasding and @Februarysn0w could trade notes, as he/she is working on translating the MHX save editor. Keep up the good work, guys! :grog:

Please don't. It makes it far more tedious to use japanese resources for things like hunter art unlock quests and keys. At least make it optional if done.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure I follow... What are you objecting to?
The quest names are worthless in english because the translation will be unique to whatever translator does them. It's just an extra level of tedium to work out what say '峨々たる巨獣' was translated into in order to unlock the second level of a hammer hunter art rather than just skimming the list for the relevant quest. Icons and quest objectives are already more than sufficient for working out quest content.

Obviously there would be english resources in time if it was done, but it's still pointless in my mind.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The quest names are worthless in english because the translation will be unique to whatever translator does them. It's just an extra level of tedium to work out what say '峨々たる巨獣' was translated into in order to unlock the second level of a hammer hunter art rather than just skimming the list for the relevant quest. Icons and quest objectives are already more than sufficient for working out quest content.

Obviously there would be english resources in time if it was done, but it's still pointless in my mind.
Why couldn't a wiki be created for the english translation? Kirinico hasn't even started anything on MHX yet. I can't seem to find anything official about key quests and such.

Also, to anyone knows, what are the three options you see when starting a new game?

Last edited by Drak0rex,

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why couldn't a wiki be created for the english translation? Kirinico hasn't even started anything on MHX yet. I can't seem to find anything official about key quests and such.

Also, to anyone knows, what are the three options you see when starting a new game?
New Game, Import Char from MH4G and Fetch Bonusses (4G/DX)

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
It could, of course. But most people who are capable of datamining all the values or compiling resources are probably comfortable using japanese resources anyway and adapting them to an unofficial translation is unlikely to be a priority. Kiranico for certain is based off various resources for 4G rather than anything 4U primarily, and ping's dex.

Also there's many japanese resources for MHX already, including a kiranico page which isn't terribly useful but is also obviously japanese oriented. There's also blog posts and news sites with articles etc. outside of raw resources.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Not to be offensive, but this is the second suggestion you make that, if done, would actually make things worse. As Carnivean already said, we need the quest titles in Japanese so we can spot them while using Japanese guides, if dasding translated them, we wouldn't be able to find key quests for example.
They're just titles, they serve no purpose.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be offensive, but this is the second suggestion you make that, if done, would actually make things worse. As Carnivean already said, we need the quest titles in Japanese so we can spot them while using Japanese guides, if dasding translated them, we wouldn't be able to find key quests for example.
They're just titles, they serve no purpose.
Sorry for having ideas. I'll just slink off into the shadows now.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for having ideas. I'll just slink off into the shadows now.

lol dude, I said I didn't mean to offend. I'm just trying to tell you to maybe think twice about wether your idea might be actually useful or harmful. Having ideas in general is perfectly fine and I'm sure everybody appreciates them.

hunter2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can someone tell me what the cat ask/ what i must do i have all the time the yellow speak bubble
RMwckIz.jpg
9Adyl4f.jpg
2yOvp2L.jpg
thanks

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Stupid question, and likely to be shot down with a no... with the new Sky3DS+ coming out.... will we be able to run the translation patch? If I recall you can run .cia files somehow but I'm dumb and rather have a more experienced person spell it out for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Discord need to die