ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it would be helpful if what is currently being worked on/planned could be put in the OP. That way, people will know what still needs addressed.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
The Charge Blade HA "Over Limit II" name is wrong, it's listed as "Invalid Message". Not a big deal, just funny. Will post pics and report later.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe it would be helpful if what is currently being worked on/planned could be put in the OP. That way, people will know what still needs addressed.

its stated there:

The goal will not be to translate every NPC dialog, but most, if not all menus, skills, items and weapons.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Is there any way to fix the enlgish quick chat bugs? Since they're customizable they might be stored in the save instead of the rom text?

Xenost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry for my question which is a bit irrelevant to this topic. But is there any way to keep playing the game online on an EU console once the first update will come out, except CFW?
Sky3DS+ or other hax?

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update going online in 1-2h
You are the man!!! also cheers to everyone else who is assisting on this project :grog: and jeers :shit: to those expecting some magical 100% dialogs in english patch. reading those types of requests gets me upset because I'm worried it will frustrate dasding and anyone else contributing to the project. that was never the intent.

Thanks again! :bow:

Reactions: _eyCaRambA_

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Patch v4

Download

Changelog:
  • removed online preset messages due to bug
  • all (except 20) main quest objectives translated
  • All Item Names translated (jewels missing)
  • Nearly all Armor Names translated
  • Completed Palico Skills and Support Actions (thanks anons)
  • Realigned alot of item names
  • Realigned alot of kitchen skill descriptions
  • Added Meownster Hunter menu
  • Added Hunter's Diary Texts on Guild Card
  • Added some Hunter Art Descriptions for the status menu.
  • Various stuff
  • Fixed all reported issues (except ptsx issue)

Last edited by dasding,

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are the man!!! also cheers to everyone else who is assisting on this project :grog: and jeers :shit: to those expecting some magical 100% dialogs in english patch. reading those types of requests gets me upset because I'm worried it will frustrate dasding and anyone else contributing to the project. that was never the intent.

Thanks again! :bow:

Why exactly would you need dialog in MH to be translated? The entire series can be boiled down to "go hit the big lizard with a stick", and there's nothing plot related besides "well I heard stories about this REALLY big legendary lizard existing". As it is, the current patch is fantastic, since it covers basically everything that's important.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Ah damn it was like I was afraid of, the auto translate options are still the same if you started your game with an older patch, so the game still crashes when trying to edit the bugged ones. Probably need to edit the save in some way to get rid of them.

Oh well, game is extremely playable with this patch, amazing work.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This concerns me a bit. What about dialogs that explain to the player how to do certain things, or that are vital to progressing through the story?

Translating those would be a complete waste of time, nothing from npc dialogues is vital for progression. It's not like they give you motion values either, all they say is "I heard there's a monster there, go kill it!" and other useless bullshit. So there's nothing you need to be concerned about.

Last edited by Kibido,

RollinThunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super work so far, wouldn't have been able to play without extreme difficulty. Went and tracked down a 9.0 N3DS to use your patch!

Translating those would be a complete waste of time, nothing from npc dialogues is vital for progression. It's not like they give you motion values either, all they say is "I heard there's a monster there, go kill it!" and other useless bullshit. So there's nothing you need to be concerned about.
From what I have heard, this game has NEGLIGIBLE story, like disappointingly little for the people who can read it. Think of this game as a celebration of hunting, not as some super rich story you have to read to get the full experience!

etrips

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I have been brought to this thread because of MHX! I really wish to play it before coming to the states. But I also do wish to be able to read the abilities and names. What would be easiest way to get this to work assuming I do not currently have a N3DS and want to be able to play online and download game updates/DLC?

Thank you for your time and work dasding!

edit: Would it be easier to find a Japanese or American N3DS? I really only want to translation!

Last edited by etrips,

3DSNoob101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On patch v4 just finished doing some hr2 & 3 keys + did a crushing d. hermitaur special quest lv1. Something in my guild card quest history caused game to crash, not sure what it was...

Edit: It crashed when I scrolled all the way down the guild card quest history without loading the translation patch as well, guess it's something else.

Last edited by 3DSNoob101,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Howdy +1