Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

wezck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had a kernel panic or something like that (I belive that it was because The black screen said something for error and it neede to power off) when I was installing The CIAS update (9.2.0-20U-N3DS) on my new 3ds USA and I couldn't to use the recovery mode, my new3ds turn on The led indicador and only this

Edit: I have a New 3ds XL Red USA on stock Firmware 9.6.0-24U with a very hard brick :'(

Last edited by wezck,

enrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I had a kernel panic or something like that (I belive that it was because The black screen said something for error and it neede to power off) when I was installing The CIAS update (9.2.0-20U-N3DS) on my new 3ds USA and I couldn't to use the recovery mode, my new3ds turn on The led indicador and only this

Edit: I have a New 3ds XL Red USA on stock Firmware 9.6.0-24U with a very hard brick :'(
I have same peoblem, nothing iet

deaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Well, i got a weird error that tell me that installation failed because there is no cia file that required for the downgrade in the updates folder, i got panicked, i did restart to my N3DSXL and apparently the downgrade was successful and i'm on 9.2.0, WTF!?!

drsn0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not directly related but I see that some have had similar occurances when downgrading.

I recently used SysUpdater to upgrade from 4.5 to (I wanted) 9.2. I downloaded the 9.2 update files from a special place, and ran the process, and ended up with a 9.0 system.

Chrestomanci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Attachments

• 9.2.0-20E(Full) checksum.png
    9.2.0-20E(Full) checksum.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: MasterLel

exelix11

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was downgrading a spare old 3ds from 10.2E, everything went right,every checksum matches, every cia was installed, i waited 10 seconds and the 3ds rebooted itself, but after the reboot i got a black screen, no error message, just both screens are black, i can't go in recovery mode and it doesn't work even if i remove the sd card.
It's bricked i guess, Am i forgetting something ?

Also, before this brick,on another 3ds i tried to downgrade 4 times, with always a semi-brick, now i updated it to 10.3, waiting for KTM

Chrestomanci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
SHA1 of my folder with the Old 3DS 9.2.0-20E CIA files is 66E9CDDFF1ED20777D704E510902A1F6C86B15BB

That's weird, did I do something wrong?
Where did you get yours?

Also, I should say that I haven't actually downgraded using this pack, I am waiting for KTM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...