Hacking Will using StartPatch and Bootmii ruin my Wii?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
I'm glad BootMii installed properly,two final questions (sorry!), while I know BootMii can have the config changed so that it boots immediately to either HBC/Wii System Menu, but if you do that, do you use HBC to get the BootMii menu to load up again (like if I need to restore the NAND)?That is one way to do it. You can also reset bootmii's settings on your SD card so it automatically goes into the bootmii menu when you start your Wii (just in case you run into a problem where you cannot even get into your Homebrew Channel).

QUOTE(the_randomizer @ Jul 10 2011, 01:22 PM) And with applying the Disc Update/Region Lock patches with Priiloader, will I need to enable these patches every time I load up the Wii?
No, just enable the hacks once and save the settings. You can disable the hacks the same way you enable them. It'll all be very straightforward once you're actually in the Priiloader hack settings. Also, don't forget to block online updates as well.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
the_randomizer said:
I'm glad BootMii installed properly,two final questions (sorry!), while I know BootMii can have the config changed so that it boots immediately to either HBC/Wii System Menu, but if you do that, do you use HBC to get the BootMii menu to load up again (like if I need to restore the NAND)?That is one way to do it. You can also reset bootmii's settings on your SD card so it automatically goes into the bootmii menu when you start your Wii (just in case you run into a problem where you cannot even get into your Homebrew Channel).

QUOTE(the_randomizer @ Jul 10 2011, 01:22 PM) And with applying the Disc Update/Region Lock patches with Priiloader, will I need to enable these patches every time I load up the Wii?
No, just enable the hacks once and save the settings. You can disable the hacks the same way you enable them. It'll all be very straightforward once you're actually in the Priiloader hack settings. Also, don't forget to block online updates as well.

I noticed a screenshot of MMM that shows the command "install and patch IOS36"...but I already have IOS36, but it isn't patched (according to SysCheck. Weird. I'm sure there's a way to use MMM to patch an already existent IOS. Thanks for the explanations!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I royally screwed something up; so I followed the instructions, used the IOS236 Installer and told me it was installed successfully. I was like, "oh! it worked!" well, it didn't. Whenever I load Priiloader, it tells me the cIOS was infected (with the word spaghetti in the error code). Am I SOL?

Edit 6:10 PM - Okay, after some thorough searching I find what needed to be changed, and now I have both installed. Sorry for angering anyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y