• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Will the US election result spark a second civil war?

Will a second civil war be imminent?

• Nope. Votes will be counted thoroughly, winner will be declared, loser will admit defeat

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Hardly. A few local riots, some contest areas and heated discussions, but nothing grave

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Close. A noticeable amount of desinformation, but at most 1/6 mayhem and prolonged disagreement

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Near-Armed conflicts. Massive vote "steal" mentionings, a contested presidency and army intervention

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Full out war. Big areas or even States openly defying the outcome, US vs local militia conflicts,...

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's easy to take a photo of an event that just starting to fill up. More fake news from you, once again.

It's been a day. Still no reply to this one? Odd, you were so fast to deny reality. Now is it so difficult to acknowledge it with proof?

Maybe it's not your fault. Everyone knows it's difficult to speak when you have THAT much egg on your face....

The election can't get here soon enough to put you in your place again.

Reactions: The Catboy

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's been a day. Still no reply to this one? Odd, you were so fast to deny reality. Now is it so difficult to acknowledge it with proof?

Maybe it's not your fault. Everyone knows it's difficult to speak when you have THAT much egg on your face....

Truly, I would love the election already comes an goes so the world can take a rest from this dumb name calling come and go flame war everywhere. I don't care who gets elected, I just want a rest from this shit.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truly, I would love the election already comes an goes so the world can take a rest from this dumb name calling come and go flame war everywhere. I don't care who gets elected, I just want a rest from this shit.
I mean the MAGAs have not stopped crying, whining and melting down since 2020 so I doubt it.

cowboybeepboop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You chose to open the politics thread though and bitch about it like you MAGAs have been about almost everything
im not even a "MAGA" im an independent. im js it's weird that this is recommended in the sidebar on gbatemp. sorry you're personally* offended i guess lol. have a nice day

edit; looking down more, you can't tell me this isn't just another propagandized 'politics' board a'la Reddit... like cmon man lol
1728776957833.png
:wacko:

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i didn't expect gbatemp of all places to be another radical left-wing hivemind lol. what a weird thread recommendation while im just trying to browse some pokemon threads
No matter your leaning I would recommend you to keep away from the political threads here, unwatch, unsubscribe, somehow hide recommendations... You'll have a happier day, stuff gets very uncivilized around here (proof in your own message already included). Better to live a life of peace and sanity.

cowboybeepboop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y
No matter your leaning I would recommend you to keep away from the political threads here, unwatch, unsubscribe, somehow hide recommendations... You'll have a happier day, stuff gets very uncivilized around here (proof in your own message already included). Better to live a life of peace and sanity.
yeah you guys sure are uncivilized when someone is upset that your board is forced onto people trying to browse video game content on a website called GBATEMP. i can't dislike forced politics on a video game board without loving trump, there is no in between right. you already have reddit, facebook, instagram, yahoo, msn etc etc just go there man, dont gotta lose your minds when someone just posts a harmless comment with a perfectly valid, contextually relevant complaint

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
y

yeah you guys sure are uncivilized when someone is upset that your board is forced onto people trying to browse video game content on a website called GBATEMP. i can't dislike forced politics on a video game board without loving trump, there is no in between right. you already have reddit, facebook, instagram, yahoo, msn etc etc just go there man, dont gotta lose your minds when someone just posts a harmless comment with a perfectly valid, contextually relevant complaint
"You guys"
I understand, I suffer the same problem, as I said. I am really tired of this come and go flame war, I want a rest. It's not just you, I mean the world doesn't revolve around you "you guys" guy. It's not just you that gets annoyed by the uncivilized come and go you get entangled in, even if you clearly don't read I still understand it annoys you.

By replying to me as "you guys", you make me look as if I were the representative, the "speaker" so to say of some given group, "the guys".

I am an individual with no affiliation, but let me ask you, according to you who are "the guys" I speak for?

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

cowboybeepboop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"You guys"
I understand, I suffer the same problem, as I said. I am really tired of this come and go flame war, I want a rest. It's not just you, I mean the world doesn't revolve around you "you guys" guy. It's not just you that gets annoyed by the uncivilized come and go you get entangled in, even if you clearly don't read I still understand it annoys you.

By replying to me as "you guys", you make me look as if I were the representative, the "speaker" so to say of some given group, "the guys".

I am an individual with no affiliation, but let me ask you, according to you who are "the guys" I speak for?
"you guys" as in people who immediately resort to insults. you immediately call me uncivilized when i didn't even attack anyone (just pointed out that this board is heavily left-ring radicalized, proven by the head staff being super anti-trump, along with majority posters being super anti-trump as well, easily proven if you take two seconds to look which i did prior to posting). i was immediately attacked as a 'MAGA' for daring to dissent because my entire sidebar is full of political threads on, again, GBATEMP.

you call me uncivilized, insinuate i can't read, and then take on this holier-than-thou attitude as if you're some innocent angel. you're not my friend. don't insult me and then try to play nice. your type always act like this. it's exhausting. you're trying to empathize with me as if you're sick of the politicization of everything when clearly you're not. again, have a nice day. enjoy your hivemind i guess.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"you guys" as in people who immediately resort to insults. you immediately call me uncivilized when i didn't even attack anyone (just pointed out that this board is heavily left-ring radicalized, proven by the head staff being super anti-trump, along with majority posters being super anti-trump as well, easily proven if you take two seconds to look which i did prior to posting). i was immediately attacked as a 'MAGA' for daring to dissent because my entire sidebar is full of political threads on, again, GBATEMP.

you call me uncivilized, insinuate i can't read, and then take on this holier-than-thou attitude as if you're some innocent angel. you're not my friend. don't insult me and then try to play nice. your type always act like this. it's exhausting. you're trying to empathize with me as if you're sick of the politicization of everything when clearly you're not. again, have a nice day. enjoy your hivemind i guess.
Argh... please do read, this stuff frustrates me. I don't imply you CAN'T read, that would at least not be intentional on your side, I state that you DO NOT read, it is not about capacity but about intent. I don't care about you, I told you already the world does not revolve around you or around me.

In any case, and as a last effort, I tell you what you didn't read: I am NOT calling you uncivilized, I am calling the behavior here uncivilized, a behavior you also adhered to. How did you adhere to that behavior? Well the proof is in your message, by name calling people as a "hivemind", "you guess". It is ridiculous that you try to hide it when it is in writing.

I'm off, as I suggested you to do, I put my mental sanity before trying to make you reason, that is your problem not mine.

PS: And in any case I AM THE ONE that wrote the message that annoyed you, not "the guys". I am an individual.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
im not even a "MAGA" im an independent. im js it's weird that this is recommended in the sidebar on gbatemp. sorry you're personally* offended i guess lol. have a nice day

edit; looking down more, you can't tell me this isn't just another propagandized 'politics' board a'la Reddit... like cmon man lol
View attachment 464331:wacko:
Well...I'm not sure why this thread was recommended to you (I posted this in the political section; all other showcases are by the gbatemp site), but yes: it's a political thread. If you open it, you'll find political opinions.
And yes, if you check similar threads, you'll find similar threads. Also in the political section.

Sorry if it isn't to your liking, but iirc the reasoning is that if there isn't a walled off section, people start posting it in the gaming sections, and then it's a whole lot harder to clean up for the moderators.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Entropy Trap
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

To be fair, those in the MAGA cult don’t live in reality and go into cognitive dissonance when they are shown anything that counters the imaginary reality they live in

JustABadger

Trophies
Website
badgerbadger.neocities.org
XP
Country
Antarctica

Just blacklist this section or participate in non-political threads. A few weeks ago I made a completely neutral thread about the war in the Middle East and my thread title was changed overnight with a highly defamatory title that didn’t fit me at all. People insult each other all the time and reports get ignored. It’s really not worth it to waste your time arguing here. The rest of the forum is alright.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
In this post here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/trump-l...-not-any-longer.658913/page-103#post-10514155

A little while ago (about an hour or so) you claimed he wasn't even campaigning - it seems telling porkies is common for you, or as Tampon Tim would say - did you misspeak?

Or were you referring to the last couple of days where he suspended his campaign to visit Hurricaine survivors and helping those victims along with Elon Musk - while harris was drinking beer on friendly podcasts or doing interviews for 60 edits minutes and Biden was sleeping on a beach .

Yep I know who I would rather have as a president, a man that has taken a bullet for the country or a moron that talks in so many riddles that the media need to edit her answers to make her sound like she can talk sense? There's no competition - Trump all the way. MAGA rules.

Who's this Tim person you keep mentioning?

So, it's a problem when she's not doing interviews and when she's doing interviews? It's also apparently bad when she's campaigning and when she's not campaigning? It's also only okay for the former president to take a break during the presidency but not for Biden? You ought to try to be less of a hypocrite, it'll help a lot of things in your life.

He didn't "take a bullet for the country" he took a bullet because he's extremely bad at being the president, [insert laundry list hundreds of lines long that Republicans like to pretend is fine that I'm tired of thinking about]. Please leave the MAGA cult before the Kool-Aid comes out.
Post automatically merged:

Riiight, MAGA is so sane that it tried to assassinate its own leader twice rofl. Nothing but fucking nutjobs still left on that rollercoaster of scams. You gonna buy the $100K fake rolex?

Three times*

The third one was stopped before the guns came out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DexterYeen @ DexterYeen: am I allowed to send the leak to the download page