Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well you can try using a HEX editor, but IDA Pro has the advantage of having everything in a much more user friendly way, as well as the proper ARM opcodes and commands used.

Thanks! Pretty interesting digging, looks a lot like the multi menu after these configurables:
Mode............Type............Index...........Address.........MemAddress......Fixcode.........DelayFrame......FadeFrame.......DarkEnable0.....DarkEnable1.....ReduceEnable0...ReduceEnable1...MotionBEnable0..MotionBEnable1..Dark0...........Dark1...........ReduceColorR0...ReduceColorR1...ReduceColorG0...ReduceColorG1...ReduceColorB0...ReduceColorB1...MotionBlur0.....MotionBlur1.........Palette.O...A…U2C0......Input...Menu....AutoFireRelease.SwitchDelay.MenuDelay...AutoFireHold....timelog.capture.loading.dmggray.%s <ON>.%s <%d>.FRM.COR.CPU.CW0.CW1.CW2.SPA.WAT.SPG.RN0.RN1.RN2.msg.rom.net.pre.yes.lcd.red.ch1.ch2.ch3.ch4.file0...file1...file2...file3...file4...file5...file6...file7...file8...file9...cheat...vpad0...reset...green...vsync.......save....load....PDFURL..quit....back....server..client..next....no..saving..deling..blue....mask....filter..dark....reduce..normal..color0..color1..color2..color3..bg..obj0....obj1....Menu>ROM Switch.Do you want switch to this rom?.

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! Pretty interesting digging, looks a lot like the multi menu after these configurables:
Mode............Type............Index...........Address.........MemAddress......Fixcode.........DelayFrame......FadeFrame.......DarkEnable0.....DarkEnable1.....ReduceEnable0...ReduceEnable1...MotionBEnable0..MotionBEnable1..Dark0...........Dark1...........ReduceColorR0...ReduceColorR1...ReduceColorG0...ReduceColorG1...ReduceColorB0...ReduceColorB1...MotionBlur0.....MotionBlur1.........Palette.O...A…U2C0......Input...Menu....AutoFireRelease.SwitchDelay.MenuDelay...AutoFireHold....timelog.capture.loading.dmggray.%s <ON>.%s <%d>.FRM.COR.CPU.CW0.CW1.CW2.SPA.WAT.SPG.RN0.RN1.RN2.msg.rom.net.pre.yes.lcd.red.ch1.ch2.ch3.ch4.file0...file1...file2...file3...file4...file5...file6...file7...file8...file9...cheat...vpad0...reset...green...vsync.......save....load....PDFURL..quit....back....server..client..next....no..saving..deling..blue....mask....filter..dark....reduce..normal..color0..color1..color2..color3..bg..obj0....obj1....Menu>ROM Switch.Do you want switch to this rom?.
Yes I remember seeing that a long time ago! I just counldn't figure most of this, sadly.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I remember seeing that a long time ago! I just counldn't figure most of this, sadly.

My favorite line so far:

Too many open files.Not a typewriter.Text file busy.File too large.No space left on device.Illegal seek

@LuigiBlood ahh I see now where you found that value?:

/vol/content/DDROM/iplrom.n64

@offset 4EC00

Also wtf is "special ogre task"??

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: VinsCool

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My favorite line so far:

@offset 4EC00
Here's the post I was talking about:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/underst...es-vc-rpx-settings.425474/page-6#post-6339490

eT6gPZK.jpg

it was @shutterbug2000 and not @QuarkTheAwesome, but they both helped a lot to get NES/SNES in full screen.
Right now, the thing @the_randomizer and me were trying to achieve were mostly two things:
  • Full screen video image resolution (16:9 instead of the locked 4:3 by Nintendo).
  • Remove the gamma filter (Dark overlay that all the VC games eems to have lately).
You can read a few posts before that one to read the details about such thing.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
My favorite line so far:

@offset 4EC00

Also wtf is "special ogre task"??
Most likely a hardcoded Ogrebattle patch, considering the .ini file of this game has a huge HEX patch in it.

Well, that's my guess.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
snip
it was @shutterbug2000 and not @QuarkTheAwesome, but they both helped a lot to get NES/SNES in full screen.
Right now, the thing @the_randomizer and me were trying to achieve were mostly two things:
  • Full screen video image resolution (16:9 instead of the locked 4:3 by Nintendo).
  • Remove the gamma filter (Dark overlay that all the VC games eems to have lately).
You can read a few posts before that one to read the details about such thing.

Slick!

So I have created APS files which patch Star Fox 64 for each of the 82 possible filtering variations.

These 82 files are all combinations of:
- Video tables only
- Gamma correction on/off
- Gamma dithering on/off
- Divot filter on/off
- Dither filter on/off

You can download the APS files from: here, or download the archive directly from here (.zip).

I could be wrong but I think you can adjust gamma via aps?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Slick!

I could be wrong but I think you can adjust gamma via aps?
Sadly the gamma correction is applied via the emulator and not the ROM.
From what I see in there, the gamma correction is being applied to the ROM itself.
I don't believe that might help out with the VC injections to remove the awful gamma correction.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly the gamma correction is applied via the emulator and not the ROM.
From what I see in there, the gamma correction is being applied to the ROM itself.
I don't believe that might help out with the VC injections to remove the awful gamma correction.

Sorry I didn't see this till now, had work, I haven't done this in some time; isn't there a tool that converts RPX to ELF and back to RPX that doesn't require the SDK commands? I can't seem to recall the command used.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean the one on my signature? :P
*Headdesk* How did I not see that? Anyway, I'l need to reisntall HxD or whatever it was I used, that, and I don't even know if anyone has found anything. Is there nothing new about forcing video stretching? Or removing that hideous
piss poor audio sampling in Rare games? (Rare games and injections suffer from what sounds like linear interpolation) :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
*Headdesk* How did I not see that? Anyway, I'l need to reisntall HxD or whatever it was I used, that, and I don't even know if anyone has found anything. Is there nothing new about forcing video stretching? Or removing that hideous
piss poor audio sampling in Rare games? (Rare games and injections suffer from what sounds like linear interpolation) :P
From what I've heard, sadly no.
There hasn't been any more progress in that part.
Nor the stretching nor the gamma filtering, much less audio sampling. :P

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard, sadly now.
There hasn't been any more progress in that part.
Nor the stretching nor the gamma filtering, much less audio sampling. :P

Ugh, dammit, but at least we can easily convert from RPX to ELF and then back, so that's a big plus for testing. I just wish there was a way to find out the Snes filter, because clearly the NES emulator does it somehow, there has to be a way....:wacko::unsure: @QuarkTheAwesome

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
From what I recall while playing with the SNES emu; GX2 function calls are a dead end (even if they have "Gamma" in the name!) There's a lot of "that didn't do anything" while dealing with this stuff. I suspect the framebuffer is butchered directly from software.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I recall while playing with the SNES emu; GX2 function calls are a dead end (even if they have "Gamma" in the name!) There's a lot of "that didn't do anything" while dealing with this stuff. I suspect the framebuffer is butchered directly from software.

Guess we've hit a dead end with Snes -_- Well bollocks, that's what I was afraid of; any progress on the forcible 4:3/16:9 stretching in N64 games at least? Leave it to Nintendo to use crappy emulators :wtf:

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Where is emukidid when you need him eh?.... yawn.... Xtremes Not64 could also be pretty nice on wii u.... just need porting and dynarec I guess?
Just need them to work on it. xD
They seems to work on other stuff rather than the Wii64 emu.
You see releases every now and then of other stuff, but that.

And you could somehow circumvent the porting problem if Cafe2Wii becomes accessible.
Cafe2Wii is the one who provides the usage of the Wii U Gamepad inside vWii, meaning we could use the Gamepad as a Classic Controller Pro inside vWii.
That way we could have all of the Wii emulators playable with the Gamepad alone, no more Wiimote needed.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is emukidid when you need him eh?.... yawn.... Xtremes Not64 could also be pretty nice on wii u.... just need porting and dynarec I guess?

Among others things I believe, it would greatly benefit from dynarec, unfortunately though, he is pretty busy, but there is an IRC channel where the devs meet on Extrem's site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Not everyone's phone gets taken by the police what are you doing on yours :mellow: +1