"3DRendering": {
  "Bilinear": 0,
  "RenderScale": 1
  },
  "Display": {
  "PixelArtUpscaler": 0,
  "Brightness": 80
  }

whatever you do don't enable renderscale+pixelArtUpscaler on SM64 things get.......well.......weird

PS this has the added side effect of making the wiiu freeze when you exit the VC though, but it looks much nicer to play so i could live with that
Did you, by any chance, found stuff for n64 render?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
how much nicer does this look
IMG_20151122_225911.jpg
Why the FUCK is Nintendo locking up such options from the official VC releases?!
See? THIS is why I want to use homebrew, goddamnit!

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Did you, by any chance, found stuff for n64 render?
i noticed different N64 Vcgames have different rendering details listed on the debug/romlist menu, haven't really looked into the N64 VC too much though....then again i didnt look too much into the NDS VC before spotting that :P

Wht the FUCK is Nintendo locking up such options from the official VC releases?!
See? THIS is why I want to use homebrew, goddamnit!
maybe you will get 2x render DLC soon :P

Reactions: VinsCool

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i noticed different N64 Vcgames have different rendering details listed on the debug/romlist menu, haven't really looked into the N64 VC too much though....then again i didnt look too much into the NDS VC before spotting that :P
from what I saw while I looked at the rpx the debug menu has a ton of options in it relating sizes, colors, that weird darker picture, stuff like that.

Reactions: VinsCool

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
from what I saw while I looked at the rpx the debug menu has a ton of options in it relating sizes, colors, that weird darker picture, stuff like that.
yeah the n64 VC shows a lot of signs that they have their all in 1 nintendo emulator setup, HVC/SHVC/AGB/NDS/GBC all built into the same "vessel" :P

oh and not to forget that DDROM/iplrom.n64 string

Last edited by gamesquest1,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
gamequest vinscool or anyone that is currently doing n64 vc testing.

i cant seem to even get goldeneye jp working on loadiine v4, goldeneeye J starts but doesnt start missions, anyone got sucess putting even goldeneye Jap working on loadiine v4?

xavix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, loadiine v4 make easy to run nds games, plus no more size limite on ds roms.:grog:

BTW i think the OP need to be updated.

Last edited by xavix,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
gamequest vinscool or anyone that is currently doing n64 vc testing.

i cant seem to even get goldeneye jp working on loadiine v4, goldeneeye J starts but doesnt start missions, anyone got sucess putting even goldeneye Jap working on loadiine v4?
I'll try tomorow.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I managed to get one of my favourite DS games working in Loadiine v4, Hotel Dusk Room 215, using the rom.zip version of Brain Training that's floating around.

Wii_U_screenshot_TV_004_A1.jpg

It has some graphical glitches during certain scenes (the bottom screen displays a garbage frame from the graphics on the top screen every so often), but it's nothing game-breaking.

Edit: It's unplayable, sadly. Clicking on objects does nothing, so you can't investigate. Bummer.

Off-topic thought: It'd be nice if we could inject into alldata.bin for GBA games (assuming the ROM is in there), or is that a matter of editing the rpx file (rpx -> elf -> look for ROM, replace -> back to rpx), so that it works in Loadiine?

Last edited by daxtsu,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I managed to get one of my favourite DS games working in Loadiine v4, Hotel Dusk Room 215, using the rom.zip version of Brain Training that's floating around.

Wii_U_screenshot_TV_004_A1.jpg

It has some graphical glitches during certain scenes (the bottom screen displays a garbage frame from the graphics on the top screen every so often), but it's nothing game-breaking.

Edit: It's unplayable, sadly. Clicking on objects does nothing, so you can't investigate. Bummer.

Off-topic thought: It'd be nice if we could inject into alldata.bin for GBA games (assuming the ROM is in there), or is that a matter of editing the rpx file (rpx -> elf -> look for ROM, replace -> back to rpx), so that it works in Loadiine?
well for gba you would need to decrypt all data bin replace the rom and reencript, there is no need to change the rpx at all but the thing is someone really needs to dig deep to decrypt the all data bin and re encript it.

Reactions: Azel

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
haha, you gotta admit, that's weird not to unify it^^

anybody working on a program to inject nes/snes rom to load them with loadiine 4 btw ? :) (I mean not via network injection)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

anybody working on a program to inject nes/snes rom to load them with loadiine 4 btw ? :) (I mean not via network injection)

That honestly wouldn't be that hard to do, if one can make assumptions about the base game you use (for example, if I assume that the user uses Super Metroid, which can be found floating around the web). It'd basically be as simple as opening the elf file, going to a specific offset/place in the file, and overwriting where the ROM begins and ends. Could even add padding for games that are smaller than the size of the base game.

NES would be even easier since one can just search for the NES header.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
why would they encrypt that and not n64/snes/nds VC?
the GBA emulator was outsorced to M2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_(game_developer)#Wii_U

they also made the sega emulators for the 3DS which also used some weird encryption shit, so yeah thats why,its just what M2 does
That honestly wouldn't be that hard to do, if one can make assumptions about the base game you use (for example, if I assume that the user uses Super Metroid, which can be found floating around the web). It'd basically be as simple as opening the elf file, going to a specific offset/place in the file, and overwriting where the ROM begins and ends. Could even add padding for games that are smaller than the size of the base game.

NES would be even easier since one can just search for the NES header.
both NES and SNES VC use a extra header which makes it easy to find in the RPX just search for "WUP-" you will find it pretty easy there will only be a couple of hits and the correct one will be easy to spot, oh and you dont need to pad the new rom, just make sure you paste it over the correct offset and it will work, but it does have to be the same size or smaller than the original rom so your VC injections are limited to the size of your base VC rom

Last edited by gamesquest1,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I wrote a program to do it for an SNES game, but I need to test it real quick before making a release.

Edit: It works. It'd just be nice if SNES games had a header like NES/GB/GBC games, for easier detection. Alas. Not a big deal though, I made the source code flexible.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: Azel

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I have found a problem with LOZ Phantom Hourglass. I've got to a point in the game where your supposed to close the DS system to proceed but that's not possible on the WiiU controller. So unless there's some button combo to emulate the closing I don't think it's going to be possible to complete it. Unless you can manipulate the gamesave.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones