Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's would not work, because Windows recognized my Wii U Pad as two HID's. First one is the gamepad itself, the second - vjoy. If I disable one of these, I will not be able to use a pad at all.
At the least we found the issue i guess.... :wacko:

uaite

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some help.

I've managed to get everything installed and apparently fine, but I can't seem to be able to make the connection between vJoy and WiinUPro. I can select the config settings on the dropdown box when I first start up WiinUPro, but the buttons just don't map. Neither automatically nor manually. I've searched for some solutions but didn't really find anything like it...

I'm using 64 bits Windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Will this controller work with Android Kitkat? I've been tempted to buy one for my phone, but the only difference between the WiiU one and the Android one that I see, is the name of the controller on the box. They both use Bluetooth, and both have the same buttons, etc... Will this work over buying the other Nyko pad online?

onefish_twofish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I changed the target device in vjoy and it seems to be working fine now.

I had configured vjoy for WiinUPro and my procontroller but had to restore my Windows system. I have tried configuring the vjoy with all the buttons, axes and POV Hat, but in WiinU Pro, it only gives me the option to assign 3 joystick buttons. When setting the POV hat for the d-pad, those inputs are blanks and clicking okay turns all the buttons to POV1 Up. When I load joy.cpl, only the "Up" d-pad button registers and only the three joystick buttons light up (even though it shows the number of red dots that I configured as buttons in vjoy). I downloaded the latest version of vjoy, but it does not to be telling WiinU Pro what has been configured. Any help? Thanks.

SirCannonFodder

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I uninstall the toshiba bluetooth stack and go back to what I was using?
If what you were using were the default drivers, then unplug the bluetooth adapter (if it's not built-in), go into Control Panel, then Programs and Features, and uninstall Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba. Then plug your bluetooth adapter back in, or if it's built-in, go into Device Manager and click Scan for Hardware Changes (it's the little computer with the magnifying glass). If you weren't using the default drivers, then do the same as above, except before plugging the adapter back in, install whatever driver software you were using.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I got one tiny problem with this or maybe it's x360ce's fault. All the games where you are in a menu where you can go up and down to switch options either by using the D-Pad or L Stick don't work properly. Say you press down on the L-Stick/D-Pad it skips the next option and goes to the next after that, like a double input. I think it's cause both xinput and direct input are used causing that to happen. Is there any fix for this?

EDIT: Nvm, it's only with the game Sleeping Dogs.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's so cool that I can use my 3rd party classic controller with the help of your software :)
Thanks for supporting that! (now that other programs like GlovePIE and WiiMouse kinda died, your program is probably the only one still being useful ! )

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still waiting for vJoy's support for Xinput, a handful of games can't be played using emulated controllers... >.>
Didn't read all the case but, is vJoy problematic on that instance? ..I used PPJoy with other softwares ..maybe the OP could try that if vJoy is the problem..

Also, about my classic controller ..seems like WiinUPro sees the analog inputs, but on the configs of the vJoy device, it doesn't seems to recognize anything (Calibration does nothing) ...not sure if it's cause my controller is too crappy or if it's something else :P (analogs work on wii though)
Tried deleting wiinupro.ini and trying again, but nothing different

Edit:
and why when I clean the value of a button (assign nothing to it) it spams the command "#225" "#255" when I press it? (that's what the input config of snes9x told me so at least)

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Didn't read all the case but, is vJoy problematic on that instance? ..I used PPJoy with other softwares ..maybe the OP could try that if vJoy is the problem..

Also, about my classic controller ..seems like WiinUPro sees the analog inputs, but on the configs of the vJoy device, it doesn't seems to recognize anything (Calibration does nothing) ...not sure if it's cause my controller is too crappy or if it's something else :P (analogs work on wii though)
Tried deleting wiinupro.ini and trying again, but nothing different

Edit:
and why when I clean the value of a button (assign nothing to it) it spams the command "#225" when I press it? (that's what the input config of snes9x told me so at least)

The problem with vJoy is that it doesn't support Xinput. And cause it doesn't support xinput, various problems can happen in games which require HookCom in x360ce.
And about your classic controller problem, try the calibration in the control panel, not in WiinUPro. If the slider doesn't work, just change it to a joystick button, no biggy.

HunterZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This app is amazing, thanks! No more screwing with GlovePIE+PPjoy.

There are only 2 issues that I've had with it:
  1. It seems to be extremely picky about vJoy integration. Specifically, I couldn't get it to work with vJoy device #1, but it works with device #7 as shown in the setup video.
  2. I'm not sure how to turn off the Wiimote when I'm done playing. GlovePIE's Stop button used to turn it off, but Wiinupro doesn't have one (and closing/exiting Wiinupro does nothing), so for now I have to just pull my bluetooth dongle.
Also, does the classic controller really only report analog stick axis values in the [-100,100] range, or is Wiinupro artificially clamping to that scale?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, wanted to point out two things:
1) For everyone having issues with XInput, just hang in there a bit, I'm working on going completely around vJoy + x360ce and directly talking to the games.
2) For everyone experiencing vJoy issues, try changing the target device; create multiple virtual joysticks and test each. It seems everyone's computer seems to react differently to different targeted devices.

... the only difference between the WiiU one and the Android one that I see, is the name of the controller on the box. They both use Bluetooth...

I assume you are talking about the Nyko controller. The Wii U Nyko controller won't work as it seems to be undiscoverable. The Android one is more likely to be compatible later, but it won't work at the moment.

...it doesn't seems to recognize anything (Calibration does nothing) .......
and why when I clean the value of a button (assign nothing to it) it spams the command "#225" when I press it? (that's what the input config of snes9x told me so at least)

Like Jiehfeng said, you need to do the config in the Windows Game Controllers menu as well to set the range of the virtual joystick for Windows. And I'm not sure why the clear delivers that command. That might be what the input emulator throws out on blank input.

1. It seems to be extremely picky about vJoy integration. Specifically, I couldn't get it to work with vJoy device #1, but it works with device #7 as shown in the setup video.
  2. I'm not sure how to turn off the Wiimote when I'm done playing. GlovePIE's Stop button used to turn it off, but Wiinupro doesn't have one (and closing/exiting Wiinupro does nothing), so for now I have to just pull my bluetooth dongle.
Also, does the classic controller really only report analog stick axis values in the [-100,100] range, or is Wiinupro artificially clamping to that scale?
Yeah, not sure why it has different reactions to different target devices. Nothing I can do to change that.
Closing the program should stop reading the input from the controller, but it won't stop vJoy from sending commands nor will it disconnect the controller. You should at least be able to disconnect it from the Toshiba stack.
The -100 to 100 is a percentage representation. The Classic Controller actually only supports a range from 0 to 64 for the left stick and 0 to 32 for the right. And half that for the Classic Controller Pro.

Thanks everyone for the continued support and reports of issues.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And about your classic controller problem, try the calibration in the control panel, not in WiinUPro. If the slider doesn't work, just change it to a joystick button, no biggy.
I've actually tried:
- calibration in the control panel
- calibration in WiinUPro
- and both together
(deleting wiinupro.ini between each try)

WiinUPro shows some weird inputs for the analog axis (it goes from "Infinity" to "Not a number" ...translating from portuguese)... but at least it shows something.

And I don't want digital input, I needed analog movement. Maybe my 3rd party controller is not fully compatible? (but thanks for the suggestion on the joystick buttons)

2) For everyone experiencing vJoy issues, try changing the target device; create multiple virtual joysticks and test each. It seems everyone's computer seems to react differently to different targeted devices.
Yup ..it seems to be some kind of bug ..a guy on this video showed this problem on win8 (he also said that he talked with vJoy's author about this and he is looking into it... ..but that was in February).
It seems to be better to use higher numbers for the Target Device, like number "8".

Like Jiehfeng said, you need to do the config in the Windows Game Controllers menu as well to set the range of the virtual joystick for Windows. And I'm not sure why the clear delivers that command. That might be what the input emulator throws out on blank input.
This is actually weird ..I don't know why it should throw inputs at all on this conditions..
It also gives more than one input with a single button press.. ..like it was on turbo or something..
You can test it if you want at the input config of Snes9X to have a idea too.
And it's not a blank input.. ..you can set that "#255" by pressing a none assigned button on input config of the emulator ..and ANY none assigned button will perform that command when in game.

Also, about my analog sticks, I've just played VC's Mario 64 on my Wii, and they worked both fine.

TheCongressman1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, wanted to point out two things:
1) For everyone having issues with XInput, just hang in there a bit, I'm working on going completely around vJoy + x360ce and directly talking to the games.

Thanks everyone for the continued support and reports of issues.

I'm pretty sure that's my issue. I can use my controller fine for playing games on the Dolphin emulator. I only have issues with xinput games. So this is great news. I remembered you saying you were going to work on that a while back, so I'm really glad to hear that has progressed.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I've actually tried:
- calibration in the control panel
- calibration in WiinUPro
- and both together
(deleting wiinupro.ini between each try)

WiinUPro shows some weird inputs for the analog axis (it goes from "Infinity" to "Not a number" ...translating from portuguese)... but at least it shows something.

And I don't want digital input, I needed analog movement. Maybe my 3rd party controller is not fully compatible? (but thanks for the suggestion on the joystick buttons)

Umm, could you take a screen at your ini file and WiinUPro setup?

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Umm, could you take a screen at your ini file and WiinUPro setup?
I thought that part of the problem was that I also had ppJoy installed (one could be interfering with the other..), so I uninstalled ppJoy and deleted every trace of it from my PC (and reinstalled vJoy after, just to be sure).
Turns out that after this, things worked the same though.

Here are the things you wanted:

I pushed the right stick upward so you could see the "Nan" input

2njhy1d.jpg

The .ini file ..right now there's not much to it:

Code:
[Defaults]
profile=default.wup
showDialog=true
[\\?\hid#bthidjoystk#2&1a8d0aa&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}]
profile=C:\Jogos\wiimote\WiinUPro 7.1\CC padrao.wup

if I try the WiinUpro calibration, it gets like this:

Code:
[Defaults]
profile=default.wup
showDialog=true
[\\?\hid#bthidjoystk#2&1a8d0aa&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}]
profile=C:\Jogos\wiimote\WiinUPro 7.1\CC padrao.wup
CCLmidX=-Infinito
CCLminX=-Infinito
CCLmaxX=0
CCLmidY=-Infinito
CCLminY=-Infinito
CCLmaxY=0
CCRmidX=-Infinito
CCRminX=-Infinito
CCRmaxX=0
CCRmidY=-Infinito
CCRminY=-Infinito
CCRmaxY=0
CCTRmin=0
CCTRmax=0
CCTLmin=0
CCTLmax=0

Also KeyPuncher, I created a profile for my controller, but when I load the controller on WiinUpro it doesn't loads that profile automatically (even though I changed the Default Profile to be the one I created on Tools>Change Default Profile), so I have to chose the profile manually.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue you're having, as mentioned before, is still best solved by syncing the controller with a Wii U. For reasons unknown.
Oh well. I will have fun with N64 emulation and the wiimote, until I get a chance to sync the Pro controller with a Wii U once.
I was looking forward to buy the Wii U Pro Controller to use on my PC... but I don't have a Wii U
Do I really need to sync the controller with the console in order to work with this? Just once? or is this a recurring problem?
Hey guys, sorry for asking again, but any news about this particular issue? I've been holding to buy one of these controllers just because of this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...