Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

Neother

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't go away if i put the two registry entries back to original values. Also, i forgot to mention but the up/left input is seperate from the proper inputs from the pro controller. For example, in towerfall once i get past the main menu, i can control a character just fine. It's just theres another input, supposedly coming from a different controller. The games appear to recognize the "Bluetooth HID Device"(which is the pro controller directly on the toshiba stack) as a controller. But it only has the weird inputs once i start up wiinupro, even if i have the controller connected to the stack. The bluetooth hid device cant be calibrated, maybe maybe its somehow getting a default 0 value set for it by vjoy?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, it might be possible that it's pulling input from the HID Device list. I've seen that happen while working in Unity before. Not sure how to solve that issue other than trying to write a driver that keeps Windows from listing it as an HID device..

D

Deleted User

MFirst of all - great piece of software you have developed here! I have been trying to get my Wii Classic Controller hooked up to be viewed as a Xbox 360 controller for the best part of the last week, without completely satisfying results until I found this thread. Magic. I do have an issue though - when I attempt to save a profile I receive an unhandled exception error. I'm not at my pc now, to copy the error details, but I was wondering if you knew what might be causing it? Now, I have only experienced it when I am trying to save a profile that maps to a virtual joystick. If there is no joystick selected, it saves fine. Another factor may be that I am only connecting a Wii controller with classic pro attached - no Wii U controller. Anyway, if you have any ideas I'd love some help. It's a bit of a pain reconfiguring everything each time I want to use it!

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... I have only experienced it when I am trying to save a profile that maps to a virtual joystick...

Thanks, glad to hear that it helps out! I was trying to figure out what was causing that bug, but now that you've pinpointed it to being related to having a virtual joystick mapping I've found it and sprayed it with bug repellant until it was no more.

You can download Beta 7.1 from the following page. I'm trying to move towards a better way of delivering updates and releases.

https://sites.google.com/site/wiinupro/downloads

D

Deleted User

Thanks, glad to hear that it helps out! I was trying to figure out what was causing that bug, but now that you've pinpointed it to being related to having a virtual joystick mapping I've found it and sprayed it with bug repellant until it was no more.

You can download Beta 7.1 from the following page. I'm trying to move towards a better way of delivering updates and releases.

Wow, thanks for such a quick response! So quick I felt compelled to send a small donation your way - I hope it helps in some way.

Unfortunately, though, the error is still occurring for me in Beta 7.1 - Should I have tried to re-install vJoy or something? I'll put the error log below this time:

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at WiinUPro.MoteInfo.SaveAssignments(String path)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5477 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WiinUPro
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/Ben/My%20Games/WiinUPro/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/WiinUPro.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
WiimoteLib
Assembly Version: 1.8.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.8.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/Ben/My%20Games/WiinUPro/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/WiimoteLib.DLL
vJoyInterfaceWrap
Assembly Version: 2.0.1.2
Win32 Version: 2.0.1.02
CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/Ben/My%20Games/WiinUPro/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/vJoyInterfaceWrap.DLL
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
InputManager
CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/Ben/My%20Games/WiinUPro/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/InputManager.DLL

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thanks, it's much appreciated!

It looks like I dropped the wrong EXE file in there. I've updated the files, re-download and try again please.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems using this with Sonic & All-Stars Racing transformed; the launcher completely does not think the controller exists whether of whether not I use x360ce along with it, and I've fiddled with the settings many, many times. Funny thing is, it used to recognize it, although the controls were all mapped incorrectly, but recently it just stopped recognizing it, and I have no idea what caused it. I'm not even sure if this would be the right thread in which to ask for help, but... yeah, if anyone can think of anything or knows how they got it to work with that game, it would be much appreciated.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Take a look at modmii it downloads from googlecode using wget to update

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems using this with Sonic & All-Stars Racing transformed; the launcher completely does not think the controller exists whether of whether not I use x360ce along with it, and I've fiddled with the settings many, many times. Funny thing is, it used to recognize it, although the controls were all mapped incorrectly....

Are controllers only configurable in the game's launcher but not in the game? And is the game Xbox controller compatable, because I don't see it on the Wiki List of XInput compatable games.

Elfteiroh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really hope that the final version get finished soon! I can't wait! (Also, I hope it will magically fix the problem some of us get with some Unity games... I can't play Vertiginous Golf at all because of this. :( )

D

Deleted User

Any ideas as to why one trigger won't work in steam games, using x360ce? The program recognises buttons 13 and 15 (as recommended in the tutorial, thank you!) but then once the game's running, the right one just won't work! When I play around with deadzones it just switches which one is "dead"

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edit: talking about the Wii classic controller pro

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope that the final version get finished soon! I can't wait! (Also, I hope it will magically fix the problem some of us get with some Unity games... I can't play Vertiginous Golf at all because of this. :( )

I noticed that it wasn't working in Unity. Was it an issue of acting like a direction was constantly being held down? I think it could be Unity picking up on the HID game controller Windows creates when the controller is connected (even though it doesn't show any inputs), it could be an un-fixable issue from the application side. Try launching the game without any vJoysticks setup or WiinUPro running but with the Pro Controller still connected and that should reveal some more info.

Any ideas as to why one trigger won't work in steam games, using x360ce? The program recognises buttons 13 and 15 (as recommended in the tutorial, thank you!) but then once the game's running, the right one just won't work! When I play around with deadzones it just switches which one is "dead"

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edit: talking about the Wii classic controller pro

Is the trigger also set to a button or an axis?

Does this work with the nyko pro commander controller?

No, I bought one a little while back on sale to see if it would work since some people have asked about it but it doesn't show up in the bluetooth device scan list. On the back of the controller says it operates on a 2.4GHz frequency which covers both Bluetooth and 802.11b/g WiFi. If it's bluetooth then it must be not discoverable/visible which I wouldn't know how it would do that and still connect to the Wii U since the host trying to connect it must either know it's MAC address (which is unique) or have been paired to it before in order to connect to it. If it's WiFi then it wouldn't be possible.

Elfteiroh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed that it wasn't working in Unity. Was it an issue of acting like a direction was constantly being held down? I think it could be Unity picking up on the HID game controller Windows creates when the controller is connected (even though it doesn't show any inputs), it could be an un-fixable issue from the application side. Try launching the game without any vJoysticks setup or WiinUPro running but with the Pro Controller still connected and that should reveal some more info.
*SNIP*

Yeah, it's like my two stick where always pointing up and left.
Well... I tried running the game with no vJoy configured, WiinUpro closed and it still did that... I don't remember if the controller was connected or not though. All I know is that the game never work, I'm always stuck walking in circle.
Oh, and I'm actually incapable of configuring the joysticks in the controller options for the game, it just keep the "default" joystick.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are controllers only configurable in the game's launcher but not in the game? And is the game Xbox controller compatable, because I don't see it on the Wiki List of XInput compatable games.

Controls are only configurable via the launcher (not that it matters because neither the game nor the launcher even recognize the controller exists). After a bit of research it seems the game is only DirectInput compatible, but I'm not sure what that means for me because the launcher doesn't recognize the controller whether I'm using x360ce or not.

IraDiDio

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Greetings, I'm trying to make wiinupro.exe work under win8 with a wii u pro controller. It seems thatit cannot get axis and buttons from vjoy when I start it. If I start the program selecting "no joy" it work very well.
Vjoy seems to work correctly, because in controller settings I can see the joystick axis and buttons. When the program crash, it gave an error regarding reading protected memory: System.AccessViolationException: in vJoyInterfaceWrap.vJoy._ResetVJD.

Can you please help me in fixing this?

Please note that sometimes, it works. I've done several tests, but I've not find out why sometimes it work. Sadly, most times it does not work. I,ve done the following tests:

- run wiinupro in compatbility mode, and\or as administrator
- install vjoy on windows in test mode (no driver signatures)
- remove the vjoy device 1 and configure device 2. (this seems to fix the problem at the beginning, but it stopped to work after few times.
- run vjoy configurator as administrator

IraDiDio

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is the complete error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at vJoyInterfaceWrap.vJoy._ResetVJD(UInt32 rID)
at WiinUPro.ProInfo.LoadInfo()
at WiinUPro.WiiUProControllerForm.WiiUProControllerForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8000 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
WiinUPro
CodeBase: file:///C:/giochi/xpadder/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/WiinUPro.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.7905 (win9rel.050727-7900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
WiimoteLib
Assembly Version: 1.8.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.8.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/giochi/xpadder/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/WiimoteLib.DLL
vJoyInterfaceWrap
Assembly Version: 2.0.1.2
Win32 Version: 2.0.1.02
CodeBase: file:///C:/giochi/xpadder/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/vJoyInterfaceWrap.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
InputManager
CodeBase: file:///C:/giochi/xpadder/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/InputManager.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

nalef

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wiinupro 7.1 doesn't seem to be able to work with vJoy properly on Windows 8.1, it finds the joysticks just fine on the connection dialog but when I click Accept it only works as keyboard buttons.

Left analog is automatically bound to WASD and Right analog is bound to Numpad, when I try to rebind them to vJoy axises the drop down box is empty, however if I click Ok with the box empty the axis gets bound to "- Axis" so I only have one working axis. Same happens if you try to bind a button to vJoy button, it only lets me bind to "Joy 1."

Attachments

• 5345345345345.png
    5345345345345.png
    20 KB · Views: 248

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiinupro 7.1 doesn't seem to be able to work with vJoy properly on Windows 8.1, it finds the joysticks just fine on the connection dialog but when I click Accept it only works as keyboard buttons.

Left analog is automatically bound to WASD and Right analog is bound to Numpad, when I try to rebind them to vJoy axises the drop down box is empty, however if I click Ok with the box empty the axis gets bound to "- Axis" so I only have one working axis. Same happens if you try to bind a button to vJoy button, it only lets me bind to "Joy 1."

Can confirm, I'm getting the same issues that this guy is.

Anyone know a fix?

Edit: I found a fix! Since disabling driver enforcement over and over again is a huge pain, use this on all the .sys files for the vjoy driver:

http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo

I did this and now everything works perfectly! You'll have to calibrate the controller in Windows devices, by the way.

WiiU Pro Controller on 8.1... WINNING :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1