Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, found out today that vJoy is now a signed driver, that means no more Test Mode Required.
http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/81-news/94-vjoy-2-0-2-released-s

any chance you could look at SCP's work for Xinput support?
EDIT: so I need both vJoy and xbox360ce to get xinput working?

Yes you need both for xinput.
I was looking for something along these lines. It doesn't require any DLL placement like x360ce does? Doesn't look like it since it's a driver.
I was going to look into the x360ce dlls and a Japanese source code I found for Xinput, but this looks great, thanks!

Been trying to get this to work properly on my laptop but I'm unable to assign button presses to a joystick button in WiinUPro. Key or mouse assignments work fine, but no buttons show up in the list when I set the input type to Joystick Button. I thought it might be something wrong with Vjoy, but I set it up exactly the same as I did on my desktop where it works fine.

Are they on the same operating system?
You can try configuring different vJoy controllers, not all of them seem to work the same on most machines for some reason.

Reactions: Deboog

wilflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Update, found out today that vJoy is now a signed driver, that means no more Test Mode Required.
http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/81-news/94-vjoy-2-0-2-released-s

Yes you need both for xinput.
I was looking for something along these lines. It doesn't require any DLL placement like x360ce does? Doesn't look like it since it's a driver.
I was going to look into the x360ce dlls and a Japanese source code I found for Xinput, but this looks great, thanks!

Are they on the same operating system?
You can try configuring different vJoy controllers, not all of them seem to work the same on most machines for some reason.

you got me excited! can't wait to see what you can do with SCP's work!
another guy has used his work to make the DS4 work with the Windows Default Bluetooth Driver!

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

hope this helps you in your work!

lemme know if you need someone to test :D

Reactions: KeyPuncher

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There's a possibility - a strong one, at that - that this will never happen, as the controller itself is not compatible with the default Windows stack. As far as I understand, there is no clean workaround; you have to modify either the bluetooth stack or the controller.

That or we actually get a driver. Seeing the Wiimote never got a driver either, who knows.
The requirement of a WiiU to sync the controller is a bigger hurdle.

Ultramutant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to see if a bluetooth dongle will be compatible with the toshiba bluetooth stack before I buy it. Honestly
I would rather just spend 15 bucks on a new dongle than have to re-install the stack every month. I am guessing it doesn't have
to be toshiba brand just work with the drivers? Because I currently just add my dongles name thingy to the .txt every 30 days.
Man I wish I could just by the stack and just let me edit it.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an easy way to see if a bluetooth dongle will be compatible with the toshiba bluetooth stack before I buy it. Honestly
I would rather just spend 15 bucks on a new dongle than have to re-install the stack every month. I am guessing it doesn't have
to be toshiba brand just work with the drivers? Because I currently just add my dongles name thingy to the .txt every 30 days.
Man I wish I could just by the stack and just let me edit it.
There's always the mayflash adapter, which doesn't even need the stack.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, I just did that... And... It... Like... Worked... Or something... :O :O My WUPC has been sitting in a box gathering dust for a couple of months now, after I spent about two weeks trying to get the Toshiba stack to stop stopping to work. So I decided to try that fix, and... So far no problems! :O I'll have to see if it still works tomorrow, but hopefully, it will. Dude, thanks so much for pointing me to that!

tsnyder700

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone else who has the problem with the Wiinupro only showing 8 buttons being used and the axes not having inputs or whatever, in VJoy, change the device to 7, and then when choosing the controller for Wiinupro, select Joystick 7. Worked for me. Other Joysticks had varying amounts of buttons enabled.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't been here for awhile. was hoping for some really cool updates ^^

Yeah, KeyPuncher is really busy, so no updates for a while...

True, I've been pretty busy, but I do have an update I can share and a tiny preview.

Update:
I've written a new Controller Connection Library based on Brian Peek's code & info from Wiibrew.org but it's been completely restructured in a way that fits my needs for WiinUPro and allows a little more flexability. What this means for you users is less error messages (such as when you would change the extension while running the program) and when a new Bluetooth controller comes out it will be easier for me to update the library to support that controller :)

Preview:
The new way of assigning keys keyboard input will look similar to this and you will be able to make multiple assignments to one input.
WiinUProPreview.png

TheCongressman1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody, first I'd like to say that I'm very glad that this controller is getting support. It's a great piece of hardware, so it's great to be able to use it on the computer.

Anyway, I'm having some trouble with getting this set up. After a lot of work, I was able to get my profile set and configured to play Dark Souls. After a night of using it, I turned off my computer. Well, the next day I got on to continue, but upon connecting my controller, all my profiles and configurations were gone. It was no longer recognized by my computer as a gaming device.

So first, I'd ask, it is intended that you don't have to set up the controller for every use, correct? And then second, how can I make sure this doesn't happen again, or what could be causing this?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also waiting for the nunchuck fix, and general wiimote updates... I remember you mentioning that you'll incorporate the IR pointer and motion sensor. Any update on those features? =D

The Nunchuck issue has been taken care of in the new library as well as some other potential issues. It accounts for both types of Nunchuks and treats them the same. Also, when switching controllers if it's seen as partially inserted it checks again until it's either seen as no extension or a valid one and while data is trying to be read from any extension that isn't actually connected it just passed empty data as if nothing is being pressed instead of throwing an error.
The accelerometer will be ready to be used as a 3-axis input so you can use the tilt as inputs, though the Z-axis basically tells you if the Wiimote is face up or down, so that's not particularly useful as an axis type input. I just touched on Shaking the Wiimote/Nunchuck for input and that will be implemented to be usable like button inputs (though not recommended to use both shaking and tilting inputs).
I have the IR data setup, I just need to include enable/disabling the IR camera for it's usability, which will be axis like inputs.
I've also been able to experiment with the Motion Plus more, but due to having to determine a pass-through mode for extensions, I've decided to save that for last.

...is intended that you don't have to set up the controller for every use, correct? And then second, how can I make sure this doesn't happen again, or what could be causing this?

Yes, what you want to do to avoid any loss of configurations is after calibrating the controller in WiinUPro and setting all of the desired assignments, go to File->Save Profile to save all of you hard work and then go to Tools->Set Default Profile to have you saved profile automatically load when you run the program.

Reactions: TheCongressman1

TheCongressman1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, what you want to do to avoid any loss of configurations is after calibrating the controller in WiinUPro and setting all of the desired assignments, go to File->Save Profile to save all of you hard work and then go to Tools->Set Default Profile to have you saved profile automatically load when you run the program.

Right, I have my profile saved on WiinUpro, but the problem starts that my computer doesn't recognize the device anymore. I have to pair my controller to my bluetooth and it doesn't recognize it as the same device. (I do have the toshiba stack installed and whatnot.) When I get it connected, I see that vJoy no longer has my settings, and because of this WiinUpro doesn't load my profile correctly.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Nunchuck issue has been taken care of in the new library as well as some other potential issues. It accounts for both types of Nunchuks and treats them the same. Also, when switching controllers if it's seen as partially inserted it checks again until it's either seen as no extension or a valid one and while data is trying to be read from any extension that isn't actually connected it just passed empty data as if nothing is being pressed instead of throwing an error.
Sweet.

The accelerometer will be ready to be used as a 3-axis input so you can use the tilt as inputs, though the Z-axis basically tells you if the Wiimote is face up or down, so that's not particularly useful as an axis type input. I just touched on Shaking the Wiimote/Nunchuck for input and that will be implemented to be usable like button inputs (though not recommended to use both shaking and tilting inputs).
I have the IR data setup, I just need to include enable/disabling the IR camera for it's usability, which will be axis like inputs.
I've also been able to experiment with the Motion Plus more, but due to having to determine a pass-through mode for extensions, I've decided to save that for last.

Yay!

And... Motion Plus will be implemented too? Amazing! :D

However, I think a way to map the IR pointer to directly control the mouse would be very neat. Axis input does not guarantee 1:1 control - for example, when using Dolphin, and mapping the mouse to control the IR in-game, the pointer moves at a different speed than the mouse. Here, the same principle applies. I'm not exactly sure exactly how IR data is received, but if it's a set of coordinates then it should be easy enough to include an option to map them directly to the mouse.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...my computer doesn't recognize the device anymore. I have to pair my controller to my bluetooth and it doesn't recognize it as the same device...

That's a strange problem. And you're not deleted the device from the bluetooth settings window, just disconnecting it?

...map the IR pointer to directly control the mouse...

Oh right that would be really useful for games that use the mouse pointer, or even just for menus in some games. I did briefly look into that sort of mouse movement before, just haven't revisited it. It will probably involve some IR calibration (corners of the screens) and some calculations to get the screen intersection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo