Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone,
Beta 6 Is now Available!

You can now use continuous POV Hats to setup an 8-directional D-pad.
Turbo can now be applied to joystick buttons.
You can now use the mouse wheel as an assignment.

Thanks, it works beautifully. x360ce behaves with the D-pad change as well :D

Snes9X still only detects one D-Pad direction at a time.. However, the D-pad works fine in PCSX2 and ZSNES, and Snes9X has the same problem with my actual X360 controller, so either there's some problem on my end, or Snes9X doesn't behave well with POV hats. *Shrug*

Edit: I found and fixed the issue. http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5782

It looks like if Snes9X detects the D-Pad as a POV Hat, you have to map the diagonals on top of the 4 primary directions. :/

Reactions: KeyPuncher

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to inform everyone I found something that helps games that only use xinput (xbox 360 controller) gamepads recognize the Wii U Pro controller when using WiinUPro & vJoy. It seems to also help x360ce work better with WiinUPro as well. It does require to edit the registry though.

In the Registry editor, find the key
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_1234&PID_BEAD
Look at the OEMName, it should say "vJoy Device"
Modify that to say "XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)"

And do the same for the keys
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_1234&PID_BEAD
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_1234&PID_BEAD
(if you have ControlSet002)

Details are in the beta 6 video.

baconocab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just letting people know, this will not work with the Afterglow WUPC. It works off of 2.4ghz wireless and not bluetooth, so it won't connect.

simplyTravis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to get this working for Fallout New Vegas by making it a joypad and have installed both vjoy and beta 6 but it will not recognize my controller in the game. I have tested out mapping the controls to buttons and that did work but I am confused how to get the controller's joysticks to work with the game. According to wiinupro everything looks like it is working.

Is this supposed to "just work" or am I missing something on loading dll's in places? I am running the wiinupro program while attempting to start the game?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My controller doesn't stay connected. In Toshiba stack it shows the connected link image for a few seconds, then goes away

What you are describing sounds similar to problems other users have experienced as well as myself. The common solution for this is to pair it with a Wii U, hopefully that is an easy option for you
Or

pwncloud said:
In case someone else is ever in the same boat as me:

Open Toshiba bluetooth settings. Pair your controller by pressing the Sync button.

Let it connect, don't press the sync button again.

Now the controller will disconnect really fast (the green connection icon will disappear).

Right click the controller in Toshiba, click connect while mashing front buttons on your controller. The LEDs should be blinking blue, and the connection icon should stay.

I am trying to get this working for Fallout New Vegas by making it a joypad and have installed both vjoy and beta 6 but it will not recognize my controller in the game. I have tested out mapping the controls to buttons and that did work but I am confused how to get the controller's joysticks to work with the game. According to wiinupro everything looks like it is working.

Is this supposed to "just work" or am I missing something on loading dll's in places? I am running the wiinupro program while attempting to start the game?

New Vegas has strange joystick support, it recognizes normal joysticks in the settings under the controls but even though you can change their mappings they won't work in game.
It supports the 360 controller natively however tough. I was able to use x360ce to get the Pro Controller working with it.

simplyTravis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or

New Vegas has strange joystick support, it recognizes normal joysticks in the settings under the controls but even though you can change their mappings they won't work in game.
It supports the 360 controller natively however tough. I was able to use x360ce to get the Pro Controller working with it.

I am currently trying to get x360ce to work but unfortunately the joystick will not work correctly. Would you mind taking a picture of your set up on the program and your installed dll files for me?

Also, I am absolutely stumped when it comes to recording the joystick axes. How do you get it to record or did you choose something else? Thanks!

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently trying to get x360ce to work but unfortunately the joystick will not work correctly. Would you mind taking a picture of your set up on the program and your installed dll files for me?

Also, I am absolutely stumped when it comes to recording the joystick axes. How do you get it to record or did you choose something else? Thanks!

Step by Step Vid:

Reactions: simplyTravis

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a couple of suggestions to ask which have to do with the startup of the program:

* when starting wiinupro.exe, it gives me the following window:

wiinuprobeta.jpg

There used to be options there, probably because I messed up the installation. Meanwhile, I've fiddled with vJoy enough to remove the duplicate entry. However, I still have to manually cross 'Pro Controller' and click 'Accept', even though I always have to do that (if I don't click the pro controller, it just says "No compatible devices connected").

* it's great to save and load input profiles, but is there any way to automatically load one when starting the program? (either check for the existence of default.wup and load it if existing, or load the last used one)

As said earlier: I love the program and once set up, it works nicely (I've been playing some steam games with it, lately). But it takes some steps to actually set it up. :)

(and I haven't even tried anything with a 360 controller yet :P ).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have connected my Pro Controller with the bluetooth but when I start WiinUPro it says "No compatible devices connected". I have followed every step.

Edit: It seems I haven't connected the controller afterall. It's because the controller won't connect or actually it seems to connect for 2 seconds but then it disconnects itself for no reason.

The above trick with mashing the front buttons doesn't work

Edit2: I got it to stay connected by using the non express method of the toshiba bluetooth settings.

pwncloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of suggestions to ask which have to do with the startup of the program:

* when starting wiinupro.exe, it gives me the following window:

View attachment 3496

There used to be options there, probably because I messed up the installation. Meanwhile, I've fiddled with vJoy enough to remove the duplicate entry. However, I still have to manually cross 'Pro Controller' and click 'Accept', even though I always have to do that (if I don't click the pro controller, it just says "No compatible devices connected").

* it's great to save and load input profiles, but is there any way to automatically load one when starting the program? (either check for the existence of default.wup and load it if existing, or load the last used one)

As said earlier: I love the program and once set up, it works nicely (I've been playing some steam games with it, lately). But it takes some steps to actually set it up. :)

(and I haven't even tried anything with a 360 controller yet :P ).

There's no joystick even after setting up vJoy? You clicked the dropdown and selected Joystick 1 or 2 or whatever you've setup?

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
x360ce SVN r758

x360ce SVN r758 is compiled. Xbox 360 Controller Emulator (a wrapper library that translates the xinput calls to directinput calls) which allows your controller (GamePad, Joystick, Wheel, ...) to function like an Xbox 360 controller on a Windows PC. For example it allows you to play Grand Theft Auto (GTA) game with Logitech wheel.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome program! My new WUPC hasn't arrived yet, but I'm definitely going to be using this when it does!

I do have a couple of questions though:
1. Is the 8-directional D-pad set up automatically, or should I enable it myself, and if so, how?

2. I've been using Dolphin for a while now, with my two Wiimotes+. I had absolutely no problems whatsoever connecting them, and in fact I even did the first pairing through Windows (independently of Dolphin). Since the Toshiba stack is normally needed for both WUPCs and WM+s, how come it worked for me without it, and does this mean that I will possibly be able to use the WUPC without the toshiba as well?

And if I do have to install the toshiba stack, has anyone found a way to do so using built-in bluetooth? I have seen many, many posts here with people saying that they're stuck on the step where you have to plug in your adapter. Has a workaround been found?

EDIT: BTW, in a future version you should probably handle the exception that gets thrown when the number of controllers is 0 (out of range). I just tried it out with no controllers connected, and it crashed with a dozen popups informing me of an error, pointing to an index that was at zero. =P

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There's no joystick even after setting up vJoy? You clicked the dropdown and selected Joystick 1 or 2 or whatever you've setup?
Sorry, but I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know why it calls that configuration "No joy", but I can fully use both joysticks on the device.

In vjoy, I just followed the instruction to the letter (according to the video).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry, but I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know why it calls that configuration "No joy", but I can fully use both joysticks on the device.

In vjoy, I just followed the instruction to the letter (according to the video).

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KeyPuncher, when I load the configuration file I set following your tutorial for beta 6, the POV Hat continually resets to POV 0 each time the program is restarted and the file is reaccessed. Have I made a mistake in the setup?

Also, has anyone got this setup to work with Dark Souls? It looks to me like it is using the vjoy inputs from WiinUPro, or perhaps the input directly from the nintendo controller in the device manager, before x360ce has a chance to translate the input. Or something. Idk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...