Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mhm...the newest Channel seems to cause problems for me...I need to launch it twice (at the first try it sends me back to the menu), and after that WiiMC doesn't recognize the HD (loading from USB). Dunno, I have in my memory that it worked before with an older Channel/Version, but I may be wrong. Loading from the HBC works fine though, so not a big deal. Also, it seems for me that IOS58 is a bit slower than the cIOS used before. I could be paranoid, yes, but I really think I notice a difference...

But hey, still amazing work, and my .mkv's now even play (choppy, but still impressive
smile.gif
). Thanks for all the hard work
grog.gif
!

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
justjack said:
Tested 1.0.7 and it keeps freezing after a few seconds when playing a video or even when browsing through the menu :/Recharge your batteries
smile.gif

QUOTE(Blue-K @ Aug 16 2010, 07:28 PM) Mhm...the newest Channel seems to cause problems for me...I need to launch it twice (at the first try it sends me back to the menu), and after that WiiMC doesn't recognize the HD (loading from USB). Dunno, I have in my memory that it worked before with an older Channel/Version, but I may be wrong. Loading from the HBC works fine though, so not a big deal. Also, it seems for me that IOS58 is a bit slower than the cIOS used before. I could be paranoid, yes, but I really think I notice a difference...

But hey, still amazing work, and my .mkv's now even play (choppy, but still impressive
smile.gif
). Thanks for all the hard work
grog.gif
!
Tantric knows of this channel/forwarder issue that causes code dump when hdd is attached.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The new Update and Forwarder solve my Problem. However strangely it only uses USB 2.0 when launched through the Forwarder. When I launch the app through the HC it still uses USB 1.1... But I use the Forwarder so that doesn`t affect me. Great Update over all!

TheGlade

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Mo said:
The new Update and Forwarder solve my Problem. However strangely it only uses USB 2.0 when launched through the Forwarder. When I launch the app through the HC it still uses USB 1.1... But I use the Forwarder so that doesn`t affect me. Great Update over all!
When the HBC doesn't use IOS58, WiiMC launched through HBC will also not use IOS58.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TheGlade said:
Master Mo said:
When the HBC doesn't use IOS58, WiiMC launched through HBC will also not use IOS58.
I thought maybe then it would use cIOS 202... But that seems to be abandoned completely. Like I said I welcome this, since I normally never launch the player through the HC!

Ofterdingen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great update! Now a couple of .flv videos that were played with a lot of artifacts in previous versions, play now alomost like on PC. 720p wmvs are also now almost watchable on Wii.

naraku00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:x FTP still doesn't work...again it was working @1.0.6...and I'm logged into my ftp server from my laptop right now.

And I'm still getting the IOS58 fake sign error loading from the channel. My USB works now though. So thanks but that error everytime I load the channel is annoying.

How to fix this ? And isn't ios58 wanikoko's base for cios249 v20. I don't want to mess around with that...

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed that the image from the Wii doesn't entirely fit my tv screen.. kind of annoying. It's noticeable mainly when browsing the menus in WiiMC, as the texts in the menus are slightly cut to the right and left. What do you think? Any way to fix this? I actually believe that this isn't a WiiMC problem, I think it's the signal from the Wii itself. But I haven't noticed it before running WiiMC (which is an excellent app!). I've tried to adjust the TV settings, but no go.. Thanks!

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to run Channel Installer v1.4. Wii FW is 4.3U and a vanilla IOS58 is installed. Running Channel Installer v1.4, the installer errors out stating "Error: Unable to attain NAND access! Installer cannot continue." Any idea on what's going on? Installer states that it is running IOS58. Do I have to patch IOS58 to enable NAND access using Dop-Mii v13? I thought the whole idea behind using IOS58 is that a vanilla version worked...

-[]D

*****UPDATE***** Just checked IOS58, and it was patched....reinstalled vanilla IOS58 using Dop-Mii and all is good, my bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?