Hacking Wii with bootmii and FW4.0e

Sledge1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So a friend just installed bootmii while on 3.3e, and then last night upgraded to official FW4.0e.
Is this likely to cause any issues?
Can he downgrade again if needed?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Technically there should be no issue because upgrading firmware just changes IOS's and Bootmii is either installed on the boot2 or as an IOS that isn't changed by any firmware updates (yet). And yes he can probably downgrade if Bootmii is installed.

texark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii 4.0 U LU65,
tried to load bootmii
but it says : bootmii can only be installed as IOS
the installed boot1 version prevents boot 2 installed (-2)
any suggestions

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
texark said:
I have a Wii 4.0 U LU65,
tried to load bootmii
but it says : bootmii can only be installed as IOS
the installed boot1 version prevents boot 2 installed (-2)
any suggestions

Buy an older Wii, that ones not gonna install boot2 bootmii at all.

You do have some options with the IOS bootmii and that cboot2 thing to install some cIOS to get stuff working on your Wii, but you won't get the brick protection of boot2 on that one.

Edit: Oh and to the OP, Bootmii to boot2 should not affect anything else with the Wii. If he made a NAND backup while he was on 3.3, he could do a NAND restore to downgrade back to 3.3. If he wants to do anything else that actually involves installing something to the Wii, and not just running emulators or other apps through HBC, then he's gonna need to follow a guide to at least downgrade IOS35 or something to be able to install cIOS and stuff. I suggest the offline portion of the ultimate system menu 4.0 guide floating somewhere around the first or second page here. Just up to step 10 should be sufficient for backup/usb loader purposes and wad installations and what not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anN2kPO0prY