Hacking Wii U System Update 5.1.1 is out now.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I see. vWii is what matters most to me. And you are 100% sure it won't break? Guess there's no real need to upgrade thou. Is there any way to upgrade to 5.1.0 without getting 5.1.1?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. vWii is what matters most to me. And you are 100% sure it won't break? Guess there's no real need to upgrade thou. Is there any way to upgrade to 5.1.0 without getting 5.1.1?
Not unless you use a disc update, and nobody knows what games, if any, have it on the disc. MK8 has 4.1.0, so if you care about Cafe Mode homebrew even a tiny bit, then I'd just go that route.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I checked and I have 5.0.0. Guess I can stay on that so I disabled the wifi. I have no interest in Cafe Mode thou... (which I guess is Wii U homebrew?) as long as vWii homebrew is unaffected :-)

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vWii is what matters most to me. And you are 100% sure it won't break?
5.1.1 will not break vWii. However, you are always at the mercy of updates. If Nintendo decides to push out an update that causes a semi-brick and you are already past firmware 5.1.0 then you're deciding between Wii emulation and online features, not espresso homebrew and online features like we are now.

Edit: Yes, cafe mode is Wii U mode.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought 5.0 patched that bug, and I heard it will be trivial to build a browser exploit into the latest FW as it still has bugs in the WebKit. The real question is if the kernel exploit has been patched.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought 5.0 patched that bug, and I heard it will be trivial to build a browser exploit into the latest FW as it still has bugs in the WebKit. The real question is if the kernel exploit has been patched.

5.1.1 patched the WebKit bug we were using for the browser exploit. The exploit works on all versions from 4.0.0 to 5.1.0, inclusive.

Reactions: Obveron

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, gotta love dem updates.
Now I'm not sure what all you have access to with your way of exploitation, but you could simply move all your save data to a usb and do a factory restore to take you back to the first firmware you were on. Since the console has the same signature no matter what firmware you are using your save files should be safe.
So in short theoretically you could take off your save files, upgrade your wii u, download your game to a hard drive, remove your hard drive, then do factory restore, then use disk to upgrade. I don't know what will happen with your MII character though. Also if you have complete access to the console via your browser exploit then you should be able to capture the update and spoof it. (or whatever else you may want to do with it)Personally I am considering doing a factory restore just to see what other holes were missed in the earlier firmware. (I have two, one from release day nov. 2012 and one from late 2013<--not doing anything to this one)

DanT1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So wait. I now need an update just to play MK8 online?

Wow, never thought that they would keep that data server side.

Any way to spoof my version? I am addicted to MK8 online, and don't know if I can stop myself from updating.
I haven't played it online in over a week and the single player is just disappointing after gaming online.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait. I now need an update just to play MK8 online?

Wow, never thought that they would keep that data server side.

Any way to spoof my version? I am addicted to MK8 online, and don't know if I can stop myself from updating.
I haven't played it online in over a week and the single player is just disappointing after gaming online.

Not yet, no. If you wanna play online, update. You might have to wait a bit even after the kernel exploit gets out for homebrew, though.

Reactions: DanT1983

DanT1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not yet, no. If you wanna play online, update. You might have to wait a bit even after the kernel exploit gets out for homebrew, though.

Ugh.

Thank you.

If Nintendo was smart, they would disable region locking on the next update, and I would happily oblige (and update).

As it is, I guess I will be without MK8 online ftm.

Thank you for the reply.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Ugh.

Thank you.

If Nintendo was smart, they would disable region locking on the next update, and I would happily oblige (and update).

As it is, I guess I will be without MK8 online ftm.

Thank you for the reply.

Like I said many times before and not just WiiU's. If you buy a console, especially in the last generation and now with the current generation of consoles, and expect to use on-line functions 100%, yet still use homebrew or piracy for that matter (as that is what it really is), then you're in the wrong place place. If on-line MP is a must, keep it that way and stay legit and have another system for exploits and never expect full compatibility having best of both worlds, simple as that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CU81YUsUZFc&pp=ygUgTW9zdGx5IEkganVzdCBodXJ0IHBlb3BsZSBhbGllbnM%3D