Hacking Wii U System Update 5.1.1 is out now.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, I disabled the updating by blocking the server for updates. I then realized something: I can't play Wii Sports Club at all anymore, because there's an update that needs to be downloaded to the system, but because it's on an older firmware, it needs to be updated first, but since I'm not updating, I can't launch the game. Oops.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icon_xl.jpg
unfortunately :/

Reactions: Bladexdsl

btoast777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got out of a hardcore Super Mario 3D World session, and it started to download the update. Sprinted and yanked out the power cord. Never ran so fast in my life, and I'm still on 5.1.0. Whew! Now time to block the update!

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just got out of a hardcore Super Mario 3D World session, and it started to download the update. Sprinted and yanked out the power cord. Never ran so fast in my life, and I'm still on 5.1.0. Whew! Now time to block the update!
it was downloading it not updating. there are 2 steps. after it downloads it will say click ok to update. than you can yank the cord out as hard as you like!

Reactions: btoast777

NeonEmerald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have to remove the power cord to stop the update from installing. I just power off the console once the update message pops up. Still on 5.1.0 so far.

WaryLouka

Official Representative of the SuperCard Team
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have to remove the power cord to stop the update from installing. I just power off the console once the update message pops up. Still on 5.1.0 so far.

To remove all messages (and stay online, without updating):

1.) Block theses addresses in your router:
  • nintendo.net
  • nintendowifi.net
  • nintendo.com
  • www.nintendo.com
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net

2.) Go to your Wii U, reboot your console until the "forced" update window disappear. ( A forced window is a window that doesn't allow you to cancel or leave )

3.) Quickly shut down your console on the "Preparations" loading screen

4.) Reboot your console

5.) Go to settings

6.) Remove your Internet Connection

7.) Go back to the Wii U homescreen, try to launch Miiverse with the Mii-Apps Screen. You know the one with the floating apps and the Mii underneath them? ( You'll get an error )

8.) Add your Internet Connection Back

That's it. I did that and I don't receive popups about updates anymore. Of course, you'll have the updates popups when trying to access the E-Shop and other services, but you can cancel them.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you still play online MK8 if you are not on the latest FW?. I'm on 5.0 just turned Standby & spotpass off but not sure if you can still play online? Sorry have not had time to try yet.

NeonEmerald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you still play online MK8 if you are not on the latest FW?. I'm on 5.0 just turned Standby & spotpass off but not sure if you can still play online? Sorry have not had time to try yet.
Yes it is still possible to play online. I played just a few hours ago on 5.1.0.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it is still possible to play online. I played just a few hours ago on 5.1.0.

Cool thanks man! So its a bit like the 3DS you cannot go on E-Shop but still can play online with games. Cause if I could not play MK8 online then I would of said stuff it too homebrew, what would be the point really if you cant enjoy MK8 online! That is what the WiiU is all about!!! ;) also a quite easy pointer for your WiiU to stay on the firmware you want it to, just unplug it at the mains socket when you have finished with it and then plug it back in when you want to use it stops it from auto updating then, simples! :)

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
But it may be impossible when the new MK update will come. On the 3DS's Mario Kart you have to use the latest patch for the game (1.1) or you won't be able to play online. We're lucky as despite of 8.0 FW there is the v1.1 ROM dump. I think there will not be such a reprint of MK8.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But it may be impossible when the new MK update will come. On the 3DS's Mario Kart you have to use the latest patch for the game (1.1) or you won't be able to play online. We're lucky as despite of 8.0 FW there is the v1.1 ROM dump. I think there will not be such a reprint of MK8.
Yea that will be a problem for me too ;). I have 5.1 now and all updates blocked, but Mario kart 8 update will properly force me to update.

O well just have to get a WiiUKey / cobra if it really works as advertised. Only reason I would want to hack my console is in order to play my games from hard drive. Since I buy all the games I like / want anyway

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea that will be a problem for me too ;). I have 5.1 now and all updates blocked, but Mario kart 8 update will properly force me to update.

O well just have to get a WiiUKey / cobra if it really works as advertised. Only reason I would want to hack my console is in order to play my games from hard drive. Since I buy all the games I like / want anyway

You will have to buy a wiikeyu anyway if you want to use playback ups you wont be able to do that with homebrew anyway, well I doubt very much unless a back up loader is developed in the next year or so! I cant see us being able to play back ups for time yet! But yes I do agree with you I only want to stay on 5.0 incase there will be a way to play back ups without the need to buy a wiikeyu apart from that homebrew itself does not interest me.

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using vWii to get around updating is still working fine, as tedious as it is. Sometimes the update message is persistent, once when going to my friends list and another when I tried booting into vWii and it cut me off in-between. Are others experiencing this too? MH3U online is acting normal.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
let it download it will say preparing than when it says click ok to update simply turn the power off. it won't ask you to update ever again than unless you trigger it manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.