Hacking wii u sdk leaked

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like to develop for a console suck as the Xbox 360, PS4, or Nintendo Wii. What do I need?
Console publishing is not included with Unity Pro - you will need a special Unity license for each platform on a per-title basis. First, you will need to be a registered developer with the console manufacturer or license holder, such as Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. After you are registered and approved by the console manufacturer, you will need their devkit hardware and software tools. At that point you can purchase a console license from Unity Technologies for use on a per-title basis. Please use our contact form for more information.

i.e what ieatpixels said. You need to be a registered Dev, buy a Devkit, and purchase a console-specific Unity Licence.

So when you are making homebrew you use the regular dev process, ask nintendo a licence and publish it on the e-shop ???
It's like when you make a PC program, you ask microsoft to integrate it on windows...

If you're making homebrew with unity once the wii u will be hacked, you won't have to pay a licence if you don't sell anything and don't publish things on the e-shop...
Like others HOMEBREWS

WaryLouka

Official Representative of the SuperCard Team
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This SDK is essentially useless. The Wii U is not a favorable console to work on and develop homebrew for it. Developers who wish to make games for Wii U should do it the official way, else, they are just stupid.

edit:
So when you are making homebrew you use the regular dev process, ask nintendo a licence and publish it on the e-shop ???
Essentially, yes.

If you're making homebrew with unity once the wii u will be hacked, you won't have to pay a licence if you don't sell anything and don't publish things on the e-shop...

dX8jeX0.jpg

If you even consider making software for the Wii U, using the Unity engine, and paying a Wii U whatsoever, it's sure you want to gain profit from it, even though the Wii U is a big fail. And if you want to make your Hombrew paid-only, you can easily get a very nice Cease and Desist letter from Nintendo.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm talking about homebrew, not commercial devs...
If you are a game editor who want to sell his games of course you have to pay for licence, distibution and everything related to a commercial development...

The topic is not "how to become a trusted dev for nintendo"...

Reactions: jammybudga777

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This SDK is essentially useless. The Wii U is not a favorable console to work on and develop homebrew for it. Developers who wish to make games for Wii U should do it the official way, else, they are just stupid.

Uh, you realize that Wii U homebrew could use the official SDK just as easily as official applications? The SDK libraries are stored on the Wii U filesystem and available for all applications to use.

SoullessSentinel

Trophies
XP
Country
Speaking as a licenced Wii U developer, the indie program is definitely worth it. I'm not allowed to say much because of NDA, but you get access to the Cafe SDK, Nintendo Web Frame Work AND A pro licence to Unity free of charge. Nintendo will also publish things you develop with NO content checks, but they do check to ensure you follow their application guidelines. You can develop and publish using the Cafe SDK, but Nintendo will only provide help and support if you use Unity or Nintendo Web Framework, so you're on your own in terms of tech support if you chose low level development.

Before you can publish, you do have to pay for the devkit hardware, but believe me when I say it's cheap and easy to pay for with their payment plans (NDA forbids speaking more about that, I'm sorry.)

It was extremely easy to be accepted onto the program too, just had to fill in a form and pass a phone interview, just asking basic questions to confirm my ID.

The legal route is actually worth it this time guys.

WaryLouka

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, you realize that Wii U homebrew could use the official SDK just as easily as official applications? The SDK libraries are stored on the Wii U filesystem and available for all applications to use.

The Wii U is not a favorable console to work on and develop homebrew for it.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Speaking as a licenced Wii U developer, the indie program is definitely worth it. I'm not allowed to say much because of NDA, but you get access to the Cafe SDK, Nintendo Web Frame Work AND A pro licence to Unity free of charge. Nintendo will also publish things you develop with NO content checks, but they do check to ensure you follow their application guidelines. You can develop and publish using the Cafe SDK, but Nintendo will only provide help and support if you use Unity or Nintendo Web Framework, so you're on your own in terms of tech support if you chose low level development.

Before you can publish, you do have to pay for the devkit hardware, but believe me when I say it's cheap and easy to pay for with their payment plans (NDA forbids speaking more about that, I'm sorry.)

It was extremely easy to be accepted onto the program too, just had to fill in a form and pass a phone interview, just asking basic questions to confirm my ID.

Nice to hear from someone who knows something.

Reactions: cearp

WaryLouka

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

All my ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠ NDA. e_e

Homebrew? Feel free to share your work open source no NDA.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No obviously i did not get a 47kb file... 311MB packed

what is the filename of the 311mb file?
All I've been able to find is the following:
  1. CafeSDK 2013.zip (47kb)
  2. CafeSDK VSI-Cafe.zip (10MB)
  3. VSI-Cafe_Platform-1_2_0-20120827.zip (4MB)
  4. VSI-Cafe_VS2008-2_3_0-20120827.zip (6MB)
  5. wii-u cafesdk dev environment examples.zip (151kB)

If there are any other files that I missed please add them.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the game ISOs are circulating on torrent sites, but the SDK?
I can't find that. AT ALL.

Ugh!!!

Even if you could find it, of what usefulness would it be to you personally? I doubt it would be of any use at the moment. Just as the encrypted ISO images, the SDK wouldn't placate the needs of the average user.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Even if you could find it, of what usefulness would it be to you personally? I doubt it would be of any use at the moment. Just as the encrypted ISO images, the SDK wouldn't placate the needs of the average user.

I just want to dig into the SDK.
Before I digged into some photoshop source code which was very interesting.

optikalsaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to dig into the SDK.
Before I digged into some photoshop source code which was very interesting.

If you ever dug around in C/C+/C# code before then you're not missing much. Using the SDK involves having one of their devkit solutions connected to your network. If you really really want access to the SDK it would probably be easier to apply for a Nintendo DevKit straight from the source.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
If you ever dug around in C/C+/C# code before then you're not missing much. Using the SDK involves having one of their devkit solutions connected to your network. If you really really want access to the SDK it would probably be easier to apply for a Nintendo DevKit straight from the source.

I don't want to use the SDK, I want to dig into the SDK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker