Hacking Wii U NOOB PARADISE - Ask & Answer questions here.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole Wii U hacking scene. I successfully completed this guide with no errors and am currently running CBHC. I want to be able to install games/updates/dlc but I heard you need cfw for that? Is that not what CBHC is for? Or is CBHC just patching my sysNAND to be able to install unsigned firmware?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole Wii U hacking scene. I successfully completed this guide with no errors and am currently running CBHC. I want to be able to install games/updates/dlc but I heard you need cfw for that? Is that not what CBHC is for? Or is CBHC just patching my sysNAND to be able to install unsigned firmware?
CBHC = CFW.
CFW patches the SysNand. No CFW does not do that.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to inject some gamecube games on my wii u. I found a couple that I only have burned to disc that I can play in old boot2 wii. How do I read the images from these.....I just found I can install them with USB Loader GX from disc, I guess I can get those images from my Wii USB drive after that. Is there an easier way than using a Wii to rip the games from burned DVD-R disc?

koenergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Planning to homebrew my Wii U. I can play almost every retro consoles right? (from NES to Wii) If so, are there any simple guides I can use? I'm in 5.5.2 btw

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Planning to homebrew my Wii U. I can play almost every retro consoles right? (from NES to Wii) If so, are there any simple guides I can use? I'm in 5.5.2 btw
https://wiiu.hacks.guide
Yes, you can play a crapton of retro games thanks to emulators and VC injects. You can also get GC and Wii loaders, as well as some other systems, like TurboGrafx, a few sega systems, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy I think you can emulate, and of course Wii U game piracy to top it off.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 5.5.2 and am using Haxchi. I have a physical copy of Mario Maker that I've only played once. Tried playing it again today but it requires an update, which is not possible due to DNS blocking. I am tempted to temporarily remove the DNS block and auto-update Mario Maker, but I'm seeing a blocked system update in my update history. Has Nintendo released yet another system update? Or could the system update be referring to Mario Maker? It doesn't say anything about Mario Maker; it says System Update while all other game updates determine they are for their respective games (Splatoon, etc.).

What is the best way for me to update Mario Maker without risking a complete system update?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 5.5.2 and am using Haxchi. I have a physical copy of Mario Maker that I've only played once. Tried playing it again today but it requires an update, which is not possible due to DNS blocking. I am tempted to temporarily remove the DNS block and auto-update Mario Maker, but I'm seeing a blocked system update in my update history. Has Nintendo released yet another system update? Or could the system update be referring to Mario Maker? It doesn't say anything about Mario Maker; it says System Update while all other game updates determine they are for their respective games (Splatoon, etc.).

What is the best way for me to update Mario Maker without risking a complete system update?

Run Haxchi, then run NNU patcher (available in HBappstore). After that you can update like normal. 5.5.2 is the latest, blocked update just means your blocking is working, not that there is an update. Update is for game.

Alternatively you can get the Update from USB helper and install with WUP installer.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just unblocked dns and set to auto. Then started Mario maker and it asks bout updating when start game. Selected yes. When done I reset up dns blocking

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just unblocked dns and set to auto. Then started Mario maker and it asks bout updating when start game. Selected yes. When done I reset up dns blocking
yeah that works too. You should probably make sure there wasn't a system update before doing it that way. I am on 5.5.1 so I can't do it that way.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that works too. I am on 5.5.1 so I can't do it that way.

I forget if I was on 5.5.1 or what. I thought u could do game and not System update. I ended up going to 5.5.2 in the end. As have cbhc so there’s no real point to not moving on to the newest except no being hassled to update system

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run Haxchi, then run NNU patcher (available in HBappstore). After that you can update like normal. 5.5.2 is the latest, blocked update just means your blocking is working, not that there is an update. Update is for game.

Alternatively you can get the Update from USB helper and install with WUP installer.

Thank you! I will give NNU patcher a try.

Dgabriel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
help ,a friends wiiu only loads vwii mode (i installed cbhc and left everyting working propely )
any idea on the isue?

koenergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can play a crapton of retro games thanks to emulators and VC injects. You can also get GC and Wii loaders, as well as some other systems, like TurboGrafx, a few sega systems, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy I think you can emulate, and of course Wii U game piracy to top it off.

If using injects, does that mean I have a limited number of games I can put in the homescreen (because from what I understand, injecting is just replacing a game with another game) or can I put a bunch of VCs in the homescreen?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If using injects, does that mean I have a limited number of games I can put in the homescreen (because from what I understand, injecting is just replacing a game with another game) or can I put a bunch of VCs in the homescreen?
Not sure...though you will eventually run out of room on the homescreen due to a limited amount of app slots.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install Mocha CFW via browserhax. I'm on 5.5.2.

I've gotten to the point where the homebrew launcher is there and it can see mocha.elf.

I'm using this guide here for mocha steps:

https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/4:-Installing-redNAND-with-Mocha-CFW

I launch mocha.elf and it seems to go fine. Then it gets to the final step where it restarts the Wii U and goes back to the main wii U start page. It DOES show the Mocha splash page when loading, but there's no mocha icon or CFW icon on the wii u start page. It looks completely unchanged.

May I please ask what I am doing wrong?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install Mocha CFW via browserhax. I'm on 5.5.2.

I've gotten to the point where the homebrew launcher is there and it can see mocha.elf.

I'm using this guide here for mocha steps:

https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/4:-Installing-redNAND-with-Mocha-CFW

I launch mocha.elf and it seems to go fine. Then it gets to the final step where it restarts the Wii U and goes back to the main wii U start page. It DOES show the Mocha splash page when loading, but there's no mocha icon or CFW icon on the wii u start page. It looks completely unchanged.

May I please ask what I am doing wrong?
How big is your SD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1