wii u re-mod / mod refresh question.

Joonboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where to ask this and couldn't find anyone asking, so I'll take my chances. i have a hand me down Wii U, that was modded using CBHC and has been in use for about two years like this. i have seen that there are newer mods available and wanted to know if i can start fresh. main reason i ask is because there is an account on my Wii U that we cannot delete (my cousin doesn't have access to that email address, and can't remember his Nintendo ID information) and it is basically just annoying to have that account that no one uses and that no one can delete. So, I was wanting to know if i can back up my MIIs and saves, reset the console to erase everything, and restart fresh with the newer mods. (another reason we never erased his account was because it was the one that had the CBHC compatible game)

How would I go about doing this.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
As far as I know, doing a factory reset on a modded console is usually what you want to avoid unless some of the official modding guides tell you that it's perfectly safe to do so. Which... isn't the case here, especially since you have CBHC installed.

With that said, you can follow this guide in order to uninstall CBHC. I'm not sure if you need to switch to your cousin's account while doing that, though (probably not).
After that, you can start with this guide on how to install Tiramisu, followed up by this one on how to install Aroma as well.
For installing games, NUSSpli will probably suffice.

there is an account on my Wii U that we cannot delete
You can remove the unwanted account AFTER you remove CBHC and install Tiramisu/Aroma. Here's how you do it.

Joonboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, doing a factory reset on a modded console is usually what you want to avoid unless some of the official modding guides tell you that it's perfectly safe to do so. Which... isn't the case here, especially since you have CBHC installed.

With that said, you can follow this guide in order to uninstall CBHC. I'm not sure if you need to switch to your cousin's account while doing that, though (probably not).
After that, you can start with this guide on how to install Tiramisu, followed up by this one on how to install Aroma as well.
For installing games, NUSSpli will probably suffice.

You can remove the unwanted account AFTER you remove CBHC and install Tiramisu/Aroma. Here's how you do it.
this helps me out EXACTLY how i needed. basically, remove cbhc, update to latest tiramisu and aroma, and delete unwanted account via ftp. this is PERFECT!!!!

Reactions: Blythe93

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If ypu delete that account, you will loose access to all games that were bought with it. You can look at the account.dat of that user to see details like theNNID name, email, birthday etc. If you still controll the email account you can recover the password that way.

Joonboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If ypu delete that account, you will loose access to all games that were bought with it. You can look at the account.dat of that user to see details like theNNID name, email, birthday etc. If you still controll the email account you can recover the password that way.
as i stated, it was a hand me down wii u. and with tiramisu and aroma, the only game that mattered on that account, was no longer needed. Thanks to all for your help though, the wii U is finally completely re done for us as a family!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto