Hacking Wii U NOOB PARADISE - Ask & Answer questions here.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How big is your SD?

64 gigs.

That's what Mocha does. It drops you back after loading. Just try and do something now that requires CFW

With zero indication it worked?

If so, should I install things via wup installer first and then launch mocha from browser HBL?

Specifically, I want to install the Zelda DLC. But to do that, I have to be on CFW. To get CFW I have to reload browserhax.

So do I need to load browser HBL, launch Mocha, then relaunch browser HBL?

Last edited by testing123,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Would a super fast SSD cut down game loading dramatically vs just a regular usb hdd?
No, plus price vs. space is pretty bad. One OK thing is power requirement. Some SSD's work without additional power (Y cable with Wii U is usual requirement)
Personally I use a big arse HDD, 3.5inch with external power for space, external power and "I just had one" - but I have used 60gig SSD on my second Wii U while loaning it to a friend, as it was all I had as loose useless drive to borrow with my extra console.

Reactions: OO804

rnw10va

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I be able to hack my wii u with a 32gb sd card, then put the sysnand on my computer and put the files necessary to keep the wii u hacked on a 16gb sd card? Basically I would like to use my 16 or 32 gb sd card to hack the wii u and keep it hacked on the 16gb one. I would like to avoid buying another sd card currently and I can only use the 32 gb one temporarily. I have used basically none of my 32gb built in storage on my wii u so that might make the sysnand smaller and hacking with a 32 gb sd card possible, right? Thanks.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I be able to hack my wii u with a 32gb sd card, then put the sysnand on my computer and put the files necessary to keep the wii u hacked on a 16gb sd card? Basically I would like to use my 16 or 32 gb sd card to hack the wii u and keep it hacked on the 16gb one. I would like to avoid buying another sd card currently and I can only use the 32 gb one temporarily. I have used basically none of my 32gb built in storage on my wii u so that might make the sysnand smaller and hacking with a 32 gb sd card possible, right? Thanks.
No. The mlc dump will still have 32GB of nothing in it. You can choose to dump everything but the mlc, which should probably save your Wii U's ass, unless you installed a bad title (so, bascially a banner brick) in which case you need an older MLC dump to be unbricked.

Rabidnemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to be having troubles...

for the last 2 days i have been trying to get haxchi running and working. I bought brain age and getting haxchi running that way. I had it twice, first time i had some NES and SNES game running via retroarch. All good. Then i wanted to get Wii U games running. So i followed video steps b/c i'm more of a visual learner. I used wiiU usb helper and was able to get Mario ultra smash working. All good. Then came the problems, i tried to install other games, Paper Mario WiiU and another (can't remember but it was WiiU also) and haxchi would only load to black screen. wasn't sure what to do so i panicked and formatted everything and went back to square one. I used Kaflukes guide and it's awesome. I was able to get haxchi running again and this time decided to add things through the app store on HBL and got the black screen haxchi again...

i guess what i'm asking is if all i want to do i run a little retro and some WiiU games (no online) what app/loaders would i need. is there a certain order things have to be done?

how do i know if and when to load into haxchi, HBL WUP installer, wiiu usb helper?

Right now i have a fresh running Haxchi with brain age waiting for instructions...

If anyone can help out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if any of my issues are repeat ones. if i'm missing any info i will be glad to give more.

Thanks in advance,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having troubles...

for the last 2 days i have been trying to get haxchi running and working. I bought brain age and getting haxchi running that way. I had it twice, first time i had some NES and SNES game running via retroarch. All good. Then i wanted to get Wii U games running. So i followed video steps b/c i'm more of a visual learner. I used wiiU usb helper and was able to get Mario ultra smash working. All good. Then came the problems, i tried to install other games, Paper Mario WiiU and another (can't remember but it was WiiU also) and haxchi would only load to black screen. wasn't sure what to do so i panicked and formatted everything and went back to square one. I used Kaflukes guide and it's awesome. I was able to get haxchi running again and this time decided to add things through the app store on HBL and got the black screen haxchi again...

i guess what i'm asking is if all i want to do i run a little retro and some WiiU games (no online) what app/loaders would i need. is there a certain order things have to be done?

how do i know if and when to load into haxchi, HBL WUP installer, wiiu usb helper?

Right now i have a fresh running Haxchi with brain age waiting for instructions...

If anyone can help out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if any of my issues are repeat ones. if i'm missing any info i will be glad to give more.

Thanks in advance,
you can run a ton of Reto games using Retoarch .. i did this a few days ago and it worked out great

Reactions: Rabidnemesis

deejizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
couple of HDD questions here for my new haxchi'd wii u. me and my gf came from the wii, figured we shouldve done a wii u instead. so hence we are really interested in playing both wii u titles (done) and wii (vwii, havent done the hack yet) couple questions:

do i have to do further hacking to play downloaded and backed up wii games?
whats the max TB the wii u will read? i have a 3tb seagate that i just need ot buy a Y splitter for, hopefully itll work
can i use the same HDD for both wii and wiiu backups?

thanks

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couple of HDD questions here for my new haxchi'd wii u. me and my gf came from the wii, figured we shouldve done a wii u instead. so hence we are really interested in playing both wii u titles (done) and wii (vwii, havent done the hack yet) couple questions:

whats the max TB the wii u will read? i have a 3tb seagate that i just need ot buy a Y splitter for, hopefully itll work

thanks
Yes, but not that much, and if your Wii U is already hacked, it's easy. https://wiiu.hacks.guide/vwii-modding
2TB. Even if the drive is bigger, the Wii U will only be able to use up to 2TB of it. You'll need a Y cable.
No, unfortunately. You can use UStealth to hide the Wii HDD from the Wii U so you won't constantly get the format prompt. Plug the Wii HDD into the BOTTOM USB port on the BACK of the Wii U, and plug your Wii U one into any other one, and you'll be fine. Some loaders also allow you to play games from SD Card, including Nintendont, CFG USB loader for Wii, and Loadiine GX2 for Wii U.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thanks
You can get a bunch of Wii games for the wiiu with the help of Wii U USB helper. That way they can stay on the same HD. VWii will require a whole separate HD tho

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

danny08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, some time ago i installed chbc and everything and now i want to sell my wiiu with the mod installed.

What do i have to do?
Just delete my user? And create a new one?

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, some time ago i installed chbc and everything and now i want to sell my wiiu with the mod installed.

What do i have to do?
Just delete my user? And create a new one?

No if u delete with cbhc installed u will brick. Uninstall it. But even haxchi would be tied to ur account u bought the game on. U could uninstall cbhc then get rid of ur user stuff and start a new one just to buy haxchi game and install haxchi again and then cbhc if choose to do so. Of coarse you’d have to spend the $5 on ds VC game again.

danny08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok.
If i remember correctly i do not have chbc only haxchi, so i have to uninstall haxchi, create a new user, delete old one and rehack it again?

OO804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is modded vwii with nintendont installed required for injecting gamecube games to wii u menu? is that all injecting is? forwarding it to that?

I want to play them from wii u menu from the same usb as wii u games, with wii u pro controller or mayflash gamecube adapter, without modding my vwii, but will nintendont install and work from wii u not vwii somehow?

Also wii u usb helper injection tool said it wanted to prepare my sd card, what does that do?, I didn't proceed with it for fear it would format it or something and I have all my stuff on there.

Is USB helper or teconmoon's injector program better?

Last edited by OO804,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is modded vwii with nintendont installed required for injecting gamecube games to wii u menu? is that all injecting is? forwarding it to that?

I want to play them from wii u menu from the same usb as wii u games, with wii u pro controller or mayflash gamecube adapter, without modding my vwii, but will nintendont install and work from wii u not vwii somehow?

Also wii u usb helper injection tool said it wanted to prepare my sd card, what does that do?, I didn't proceed with it for fear it would format it or something and I have all my stuff on there.

Is USB helper or teconmoon's injector program better?
Yes some nintendont stuff has to be installed on sd. Let Wii u USB helper prepare it for you. It won't format it

Reactions: OO804

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tool available to hex edit the coins in Pokemon Rumble U? I'm not seeing one anywhere. Would it be worthwhile asking in the homebrew request thread or is this platform really even active anymore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus a lot of the times they just seemed half hearted attempts