France
1698439975774.png

This one left ... I screwed up good

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no other way to access the eMMC, except desoldering it and reading it externally. But it is still fixable without the eMMC contents.

You would need to install defuse (you already have the pico), which would give us an entry point from where we can rebuild a fresh MLC.

What problems did you have with the NAND AID, why couldn't you install that?

EDIT: oh because you already soldered the slot. If you can glue it in position and can solder the data signals, you can get GND from the cap on the right side and connect ti to the GND pad on the NAND aid.

EDIT2: for defuse look here: https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/wii_u_modchip/tree/main/pico_defuse don't wire up the 3V3 and use magnet wire to not stress the pads
Post automatically merged:

For reference that's how my defused test wii u looks. I also made sure the shortes wire is the thicker yellow GND wire, which I soldered to an anchor joint of the USB ports, sot that takes all the stress if pulled on the pico.

Also you need to remove the screews from the heatsink to access the test pads. The heatsink wil probably hold on due to the adhesion of the thermal pad. Just leave the heatsink on, don't try to remove it.

And you need a 2GB or smaler SD for defuse

Attachments

• defuse.jpg
    defuse.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited by SDIO,

s200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
EDIT: oh because you already soldered the slot. If you can glue it in position and can solder the data signals, you can get GND from the cap on the right side and connect ti to the GND pad on the NAND aid.
Because I couldn't see anything, everything was a blur. I have a very good magnifying glass, but it was too difficult to solder with it. I thought it would be easier with wrapping wires, and I didn't have too much trouble soldering them one by one, checking each time with my magnifying glass. And when I got to the last one (as always) the CLK popped...

I'll be doing some research over the weekend to fully understand the "defuse" technique, but we have family this weekend.

Just one question: why don't you solder the 3v3?

s200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

the magnetic wires have been ordered. I'm going to follow SDIO's tutorial (still him ;) ) -> -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-upgrading-rebuilding-wii-u-internal-memory-mlc.636309/

But.... apparently MLCRestorerDownloader doesn't work ... or I'm making a mistake. I've searched and no one says there's a problem, so I'm going to ask here.
This is what it does to me, and then the program closes (I don't know what to put)

1698663379127.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• 1698663371634.png
    1698663371634.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty