Unhacked Wii U bricked after firmware update and won't load udpih

amyxxazure

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I tried to use my Wii U after a couple years and it booted fine, tried to do a system update and it got to about 98% and froze. Since then when I try to switch it on the light goes solid blue, disk drive makes the two noises but the gamepad won't connect and I don't get any video output. I have tried booting to udpih with a Pi Pico but I can't get it to load. I'm not sure if I'm timing it wrong since I have no video output I can't time it with the Wii U logo screen but I have tried at least 50 times with different timing and can't seem to get it to work. It could also be that it is loading but I have no way of knowing since there's no video output and the gamepad won't connect however I don't think that is the case since pressing the eject button makes the disk drive make a noise which I don't think it would do if it was in the udpih menu. I have tried both the recovery_menu and recovery_menu_dc_init (renamed to recovery_menu) and neither seem to work. I am using a 64GB Samsung Extreme SD Card if that helps. Also the console has never been modded or hacked so is (or was if its bricked) still running stock firmware. I don't have any NAND backups since I haven't ever done anything "not approved" with it. How can I fix it short of buying a new mainboard?

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a possibilities that it's a goner. Seem to be common issue with some consoles that haven't been used in awhile then turn on and getting update. Is it Hynix btw? You can use udpih to id the chip. Best to dump the log as well. Then post the issue here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/udpih-usb-host-stack-exploit-recovery-menu.613369/page-34#posts

If it's a total brick though, as in the nand is kaput. Then these might work out better:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-i-fixed-160-0103-system-memory-error.626448/
and
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-n...nd-replacement-interposer-public-test.630798/

Reactions: Blythe93

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
try the udpih after the disc drive makes the second sound. The led should turn pruple if it works.

If that doesn't work, can you open up the console and check if it has a hynix eMMC?

In the future we might be able to do something using defuse. But it is still work in progress

tiger111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
try the udpih after the disc drive makes the second sound. The led should turn pruple if it works.

If that doesn't work, can you open up the console and check if it has a hynix eMMC?

In the future we might be able to do something using defuse. But it is still work in progress
Will tutorial will be available for de fuse

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: