Hacking Wii U Homebrew Wish List - Homebrew Idea Thread

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A homebrew animation app for wii u also sounds nice :)

Along this tangent, something that you could use to load 3D models and animate from the Wii U itself would be nice (yes, I know, computer programs do this, and probably better than something on the Wii U, but I'd definitely use it if someone made it)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooh, hey, there's another idea!: a Cafiine patch for both NES Remix and Sm4sh to allow you to play the entire length of the games they contain

Good idea, now I have something to invest in once we get the Webkit exploit ported (don't actually own NES Remix). My personal wish list would include a bunch of new boards for Mario Party 10, along with flash games like Bloons Tower Defense 5 ported natively (to use gamepad and such). i wonder if the Wii U'd be able to handle streaming to twitch (like PS4) while playing games.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good idea, now I have something to invest in once we get the Webkit exploit ported (don't actually own NES Remix). My personal wish list would include a bunch of new boards for Mario Party 10, along with flash games like Bloons Tower Defense 5 ported natively (to use gamepad and such). i wonder if the Wii U'd be able to handle streaming to twitch (like PS4) while playing games.

NES Remix is on my wish list too! :D

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
also i was wondering if something simular to this would be possible. basically games like mario kart 8 that dont let you use the gamepad for a seperate screen while playing multiplayer (local) or to even add a 5th player (4 on the big screen and 1 on the gamepad) thats how the game should have been made

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Along this tangent, something that you could use to load 3D models and animate from the Wii U itself would be nice (yes, I know, computer programs do this, and probably better than something on the Wii U, but I'd definitely use it if someone made it)

This could likely be done under Trinux once ported over to Wii U mode. I have no idea if there are currently any linux tools that allow the editing of those files though or if its windows only? Never looked into 3d model editing for Wii U games....

Reactions: Margen67

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the same as how it runs know?

Yes, though I don't see why it would need to be run in Wii U mode vs. vWii mode to be perfectly blunt. I would like to see PCSX-R, Higan/Bsnes, better N64 emulation and PPSSPP ported to Wii U.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a small note, Nintendont on the Wii U wouldn't be emulation as emulating Gamecube would be extremely hardware intensive, but rather, virtualization to ensure 100% compatibility on Wii U mode.

Honestly, I think Nintendont is better off staying in the vWii, its reached dang near close to 100% compatibility and the likelihood that Nintendo will bother to patch anything in the vWii at this point is slim to none. They're going to be more concerned with U mode especially with the kernel exploit release being imminent. Also given the fact that Nintendont already runs beautifully in vWii mode, I fear running it with the enhanced hardware U mode has access to (more RAM, better graphics, SMP, higher clock speed etc) might actually "break" nintendont.

GCN games are already running at approx 1.5x the speed they normally would under nintendont (which is fine, doesn't really cause any problems, difference is negligible), but if you run it with full access to the Wii U hardware, its going to be some serious overkill.....

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo