86houdini

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Got this pretty cool homebrew idea for the Wii U. How about a basic music visualizer that uses the Gamepad's built-in microphone? I'm thinking a V/U meter visualizer - it picks up sounds or music and turns it into visuals on the Gamepad's screen. Something like this Techmoan video:

Would be a fun way to make more use of the Gamepad, right? Maybe it's a neat project for a homebrew enthusiast looking for something new to take on. Doesn't seem too hard to do compared to a full game or larger project (though I'm no expert).

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just..... Why? A visualiser would work if we even had a media player playing sounds out of the speaker and would still be pretty pointless as who is listening to music on their wii u and i doubt the mic will pick up anything unlesss it is situated very close to your speaker set up but again why an extra few step just to listen to music??

Im sure you can buy a usb led flashy visualiser for peanuts that would do the same thing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist