Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was the beta tester from Project Trinux, if I not bad remember it was decided to stop development in the altered vWii mode with 3-core support because of a lot of limitations that were hard to supercede like RAM or full GPU support or max clock speed ,etc...
@TeamScriptKiddies know a lot about this since he gave to me some loaders to initialize with Trinux :) .
The development will start again when Wii U side is fully hacked, since it will be a lot easier to work with it (Applications runs in the GX2 at 550MHz, Full RAM support, Max CPU cache and Clock Speed ,etc...)
You don't need a full exploit to use everything, it's simple enough to do with just the ELF Loader to access all 3 cores, with kernel giving some extra permissions. MN1 even has a fully working OS Loader with source ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
https://github.com/wiiudev/libwiiu/blob/master/examples/osldr/src/loader.c

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,
D

Deleted User

I noticed in the osldr makefile that it's pre-made to build code for 5.5.0, but when I compiled and ran it in my 5.5 Wii U, it obviously returned "kernel must be mapped as RW". I bet it requires a kernel exploit, and if so, shouldn't it really be in the kernel folder in libwiiu, instead of the examples folder?

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So seems that is possible to port a OS to the WiiU? is possible to use right now the DarkSideOS from MN1?, I saw he ported the kernel and some parts to the Wii U...

Yes, I wrote some preliminary Darkside code to run on the Wii U, and it indeed works. You wouldn't find it useful, though, since it does almost nothing.

d0n0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IOSU is comming :) :) :)
Ca-LIdGUEAAbSkt.jpg:large

R3x10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So many inpatient people who only would use this for backups and not something useful.. wish people could understand how long things like this take
Well, backup loader its useful. But i think, at this moment, like 80% of wii u owners have already bought 4 or 5 game minimum. So, having a new backup loader for all consoles, would impulse the sales for wii u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43