Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
No it's not before March, if you follow him in Twitter you'll notice he had some difficulty in his life and that's may result in some extra time to finish it .

So don't expect it any time soon

Reactions: tomman321

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nooo dont share it. It will be filled with shitposts.

So, devs are some kind of higher beings, Gods of some kind, so they should not mix with plebs/peasants? They should talk to us only when they have something to rub our noses with, and then go back to their lounge to laugh at peasants reactions. I work hard to have enough money to buy whatever the hell I want, but buying a chocolate and eating it in front of hungry child would not make it OK, it would make me an a****le. I respect everyone's hard work, but this is getting ridiculous.

Last edited by Davor,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, devs are some kind of higher beings, Gods of some kind, so they should not mix with plebs/peasants? They should talk to us only when they have something to rub our noses with, and then go back to their lounge to laugh at peasants reactions. I work hard to have enough money to buy whatever the hell I want, but buying a chocolate and eating it in front of hungry child would not make it OK, it would make me an a****le. I respect everyone's hard work, but this is getting ridiculous.
Woah, it's almost like the dev channel is for *gasp* developers!

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Well, that's not the case, does production staff go into financial reunions? No. Why? There's nothing valuable the production staff can add to the meeting. Same case here, the non devs will only be there to ask when it's ready, there needs to be a private place where they can exchange only valuable ideas towards the goal.

Last edited by jmrodrigues,

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

You have absolutely nothing worthwhile to add to a dev discussion, so you're better here, where babies can discuss dumb things

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, that's not the case, does production staff go into financial reunions? No. Why? There's nothing valuable the production staff can add to the meeting. Same case here, the non devs will only be there to ask when it's ready, there needs to be a private place where they can exchange only valuable ideas towards the goal.
Yeah, but the chat's not private, ffs. There's many better places to organize a chat, for example on Skype. Anyone can stumble upon a chatroom, especially when it's not passworded. ;)

Besides, many non-devs are crammed in there already. But let's not mention that, right? ;)

Reactions: Piluvr

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All I wanted was someplace to discuss technical details about using IDAPRO to decode ARM/Thumb Firmware code, elf DATA/CODE/BOSS segments and the like without having everybody constantly asking about IOSU/kexploits

The questions are not what to use, more along the lines of issues with switching between ARM/Thumb in mixed 32/16 Bit Segments, like what looks to be in Code Segment 0x5000000~0x50598F0

This is a somewhat technical subject and most would find it tediously boring anyways...

Last edited by Jow Banks,

MLT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All I wanted was someplace to discuss technical details about decoding ARM/Thumb Firmware code, elf DATA/CODE/BOSS segments and the like without having everybody constantly asking about IOSU/kexploits

This is a somewhat technical subject and most would find it tediously boring anyways...

use ida pro....

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
hey, I have a really odd problem going on with the PPC.
To execute my own code I just patch existing code with a branch instruction. works well so far.
I have found a volatile register I can overwrite. great.
I use this to load an address where to back up all other registers so I can use them too.
But when I reload r1 it freezes the system...

I've been troubleshooting my code like this:

lwz r12,-15644(r12) // originale instruction that mustn't be lost
lis r5, 0xA11A // load address where to backup all registers
ori r5, r5, 0xE100 // load address where to backup all registers
stw r0, 0 (r5) // backup r0
stw r1, 4 (r5) // backup r1
lwz r0, 0 (r5) // reload r0
lwz r1, 4 (r5) // reload r1. Freezes the system
b 0xA114ed40

Any idea what's wrong and how to solve this (The content of r1 is just a pointer (3C264170))? @Marionumber1 @NWPlayer123 @crediar @BullyWiiPlaza @wj44

Last edited by CosmoCortney,
Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

MLT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To execute my own code I just patch existing code with a branch instruction. works well so far.
I have found a volatile register I can overwrite. great.
I use this to load an address where to back up all other registers so I can use them too.
But when I reload r1 it freezes the system...

I've been troubleshooting my code like this:

lwz r12,-15644(r12) // originale instruction that mustn't be lost
lis r5, 0xA11A // load address where to backup all registers
ori r5, r5, 0xE100 // load address where to backup all registers
stw r0, 0 (r6) // backup r0
stw r1, 4 (r5) // backup r1
lwz r0, 0 (r6) // reload r0
lwz r1, 4 (r5) // reload r1.
b 0xA114ed40

Any idea what's wrong and how to solve this (The content of r1 is just a pointer (3C264170))? @Marionumber1 @NWPlayer123 @crediar @BullyWiiPlaza @wj44

try this

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Eh, no. Why would you write to r6 when you don't even know what it contains? It will probably crash.
Possibly a race condition:
Some other assembly modifies r5 between you store to it and you trying to read from it again. I'm not sure if this is even a thing but it's literally the only explanation. The Wii U definitely runs code concurrently but that means big trouble for assembly programming.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,
Reactions: CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
Isnt r1 the stack pointer, is it even safe using lwz on r1? Last question why reload r0 and r1 you just saved them so the contents isn't going to be different? Just my thoughts
Yes, r1 is the stack pointer. But I have figured out that I can back it up, load whatever I want into there and then reload its original value. Did this the whole time as you can see on my code handler. (However, I couldn't use a pointer in r0 to read/write from there. So I actively don't use it).

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to spoof from 5.5.0 to 5.5.1?

I am not sure if I can update without any risks. But I would like to play online and play Twilight Princess HD (I think, this will update the Wii U to 5.5.1 if its not spoofed).

D

Deleted User

Is it possible to spoof from 5.5.0 to 5.5.1?

I am not sure if I can update without any risks. But I would like to play online and play Twilight Princess HD (I think, this will update the Wii U to 5.5.1 if its not spoofed).
Nope. You can only spoof on <=5.4.0 for now. :(

CosmoCortney

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
Isnt r1 the stack pointer, is it even safe using lwz on r1?
Seems like using "lwz r1" is not always safe. It was safe in my previous code, but unsafe this time. Used lwz with all other registers and no freeze. So the code handler can be saved now. Just need to rewrite a lot of code...

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone