Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made another script to convert BFLIM files. Here's a little snippet: [WARNING, GIANT IMAGES]
MyTitleLogo.png
tc_mnopen_bbrosetta.png

tc_mnopen_custom.png

tc_mnopen_sample.png

tc_single_00.png
wiimario_title_logo_00.png
titlelogozelda_00.png

titlelogowindwaker_00.png

titlelogohd_00.png

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Made another script to convert BFLIM files. Here's a little snippet: [WARNING, GIANT IMAGES]
MyTitleLogo.png
tc_mnopen_bbrosetta.png

tc_mnopen_custom.png

tc_mnopen_sample.png

tc_single_00.png
wiimario_title_logo_00.png
titlelogozelda_00.png

titlelogowindwaker_00.png

titlelogohd_00.png

So hi-res. I like that!

Reactions: Margen67

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you put the script up for download?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56043942/Programs/WiiUHackingTools/bflim-0.2.py
Only works with ^l files (RGBA32), try not to rename the original file, should work perfectly on every one. For NSMBU you'll need to comment out line 32(#assert uint8(data, -6) == 20) since for whatever reason they use different numbers.
This was mostly a test to see how they're put together, now that I have swizzle data, I can tear apart TexConv2 finally, and then once a script is made, we can add new formats as they're figured out.
EDIT: Combine it with TexHaxU

koalaboy13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of future hacks to enable GameCube controller support on Wii and VC titles on vWii using the Smash adapter?

It's possible in theory. The same tricks Nintendont uses to mimic GC hardware should be possible for Wii games, even ones running in vWii mode. I don't know about VC. It all depends on loading some custom code on Starlet to do the heavy lifting and being able to patch the PPC binary. Cheat tools like GeckoOS for the Wii already can do this and provide the framework to do it for the GC adapter. That said, it's still a fairly challenging trick. I'm currently trying to add support for raw JOYBUS (the GC controller protocol) to Nintendont, and if that works will try to port the code over to Wii games.

Reactions: Gomza

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so ripping corneria from 3ds and pasting in wiiu, possibility or pipe dream? more appropriate: green pipe dream?

Definitely possible. I'll work with some others to make it happen, you can bet on that ;) Step 1 is to get Webkit exploit working, second is to make a memory patch to read files from a folder instead of those giant files with hashes, since as you can see they're huge
Sm4shU.png

Third is to see what all it takes to import a stage (which shouldn't be that bad, unless they handle it really weirdly).

Reactions: TheZander

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's possible in theory. The same tricks Nintendont uses to mimic GC hardware should be possible for Wii games, even ones running in vWii mode. I don't know about VC. It all depends on loading some custom code on Starlet to do the heavy lifting and being able to patch the PPC binary. Cheat tools like GeckoOS for the Wii already can do this and provide the framework to do it for the GC adapter. That said, it's still a fairly challenging trick. I'm currently trying to add support for raw JOYBUS (the GC controller protocol) to Nintendont, and if that works will try to port the code over to Wii games.

The reason is to fully replace my Wii, I prefer playing VC titles with GameCube controllers, like Mario Kart 64 and everything else.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The reason is to fully replace my Wii, I prefer playing VC titles with GameCube controllers, like Mario Kart 64 and everything else.
that wouldnt work the best it could happen is to give the hid controller to an emulator like not64 becuase each wads if diferent and that would be a mess to do.

sonic1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56043942/Programs/WiiUHackingTools/bflim-0.2.py
Only works with ^l files (RGBA32), try not to rename the original file, should work perfectly on every one. For NSMBU you'll need to comment out line 32(#assert uint8(data, -6) == 20) since for whatever reason they use different numbers.
This was mostly a test to see how they're put together, now that I have swizzle data, I can tear apart TexConv2 finally, and then once a script is made, we can add new formats as they're figured out.
EDIT: Combine it with TexHaxU
When I try to use it, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\sonic\Downloads\Wii U decryption Tools\DiscU\bflim-0.2.py", line 24, in <module>
if sys.argv[1][-8:] != "^l.bflim":
IndexError: list index out of range.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely possible. I'll work with some others to make it happen, you can bet on that ;) Step 1 is to get Webkit exploit working, second is to make a memory patch to read files from a folder instead of those giant files with hashes, since as you can see they're huge

Third is to see what all it takes to import a stage (which shouldn't be that bad, unless they handle it really weirdly).

seriously? i was semi joking. i think the lack of corneria in smashU sucks but how could a level format from 3ds be compatible? it would have to be converted or remade right?

and on a borderline piracy note, can you unlock mew2 and the ness guy for free? theres got to be some hidden way of unlocking like beating 100 multimen melee or something right?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seriously? i was semi joking. i think the lack of corneria in smashU sucks but how could a level format from 3ds be compatible? it would have to be converted or remade right?

and on a borderline piracy note, can you unlock mew2 and the ness guy for free? theres got to be some hidden way of unlocking like beating 100 multimen melee or something right?

Nope, exclusively paid DLC :T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la