Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Crewman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has someone successfully mounted the sd card or an usb stick yet?
This is an essential step for a homebrew channel, witch can be loaded using this exploit.

The FSAMount function looks very promising for this but where do I get all the parameters it requires?

NeKit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Has someone successfully mounted the sd card or an usb stick yet?
This is an essential step for a homebrew channel, witch can be loaded using this exploit.

The FSAMount function looks very promising for this but where do I get all the parameters it requires?

We tried to mount SD card, but most likely browser isn't allowed to do this, so it doesn't see an SD card inserted.
Look at the docs and include files of the leaked SDK.

Can someone explain how we can be in userland and not have access to all functions provided?

So its a semi userland?

We have access to the all functions provided for the browser or regular app.

m3hh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys, this is my first post. Im trying to build the hello.c example on Mac OS X (10.9) so I can create a step by step guide for other Mac users, however I get the below error. Note that I already added devkitPPC and Python 3.x to the $PATH.

Code:
expr: syntax error
0+1 records in
0+1 records out
216 bytes transferred in 0.000343 secs (630021 bytes/sec)
powerpc-eabi-ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 01800000
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Python
  Referenced from: /Users/m3hh/Library/Enthought/Canopy_64bit/User/bin/python
  Reason: image not found
./build.sh: line 38:  755 Trace/BPT trap: 5      ./generate_html.py $ver > $HTDOCS/test$ver.html

Ninja_Carver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, this is my first post. Im trying to build the hello.c example on Mac OS X (10.9) so I can create a step by step guide for other Mac users, however I get the below error. Note that I already added devkitPPC and Python 3.x to the $PATH.

Code:
expr: syntax error
0+1 records in
0+1 records out
216 bytes transferred in 0.000343 secs (630021 bytes/sec)
powerpc-eabi-ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 01800000
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Python
  Referenced from: /Users/m3hh/Library/Enthought/Canopy_64bit/User/bin/python
./build.sh: line 38:  755 Trace/BPT trap: 5      ./generate_html.py $ver > $HTDOCS/test$ver.html

does /Users/m3hh/Library/Enthought/Canopy_64bit/User/bin/python exist?

Try this fix...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17568173/venv-python-uses-incorrect-sys-prefix

Ninja_Carver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to set your python path apparently.

without looking at the code I'm not sure which ENV variable you need to set. But if that referenced directory does not exist, that surely could be an issue.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By default no Wii U application can access the SD card, it has to be enabled in the per-application configuration.

Yeah, I suspected something along those lines when we were unable to mount the SD card. I'm fairly sure Cafe OS has access to it, but only privileged code (definitely the kernel, possibly the loader as well) can do anything with it. This is another reason why a kernel or loader exploit is important.

arbiter34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marionumber1, have any attempts been made to mount /dev/mlc01 (NAND)? From reading some of the documentation, apps might be allowed access to it. It isn't clear however, whether that is indirectly thought the emulated file system, or directly.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marionumber1, have any attempts been made to mount /dev/mlc01 (NAND)? From reading some of the documentation, apps might be allowed access to it. It isn't clear however, whether that is indirectly thought the emulated file system, or directly.

I tried opening /dev/mlc (not /dev/mlc01) as part of a series of tests in ios.c. What I noticed was that opening some IOS device nodes (like /dev/drh) returned -6, which means the file didn't exist in old Wii IOS. However, opening /dev/mlc returned -1, which is still an error but a different one. I took this to mean that /dev/mlc, which is the raw eMMC flash, exists but cannot be opened by the browser. As for accessing the filesystem, not the raw flash, the browser can only access its own content directory.

arbiter34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, I was going off of the documentation which stated that NAND is mlc01. But if we can't mount at all, then it wouldn't matter much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY