eeL20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi
I'm using a homebrewed vWii on a PAL Wii U, with an external USB drive and USB Loader GX
I'm trying to run a Korean game but to no success (black screen and crash), all of my other correct-region games on the drive load good so I ruled out the drive being the issue.
I've tried using the settings in USB Loader to change the language or video mode but didn't fix anything.
I also copied the .WBFS directly to the drive because Wii Backup Manager couldn't add it and displayed an error

eeL20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i am using wiiflow lite
I'm on vWii and wii Pal and the game works without having to change anything in the settings
I assume your ISO might be a bad rip
1. Im pretty sure the iso is good because it plays normally on dolphin
2. my wiiflow doesnt change GAME PARTITIONS from SD to USB and idk what to do

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi
I'm using a homebrewed vWii on a PAL Wii U, with an external USB drive and USB Loader GX
I'm trying to run a Korean game but to no success (black screen and crash), all of my other correct-region games on the drive load good so I ruled out the drive being the issue.
I've tried using the settings in USB Loader to change the language or video mode but didn't fix anything.
I also copied the .WBFS directly to the drive because Wii Backup Manager couldn't add it and displayed an error
Using "Wiimms ISO Tool" to add standard common key to your korean Wii games.

wit edit "your korean games" --common-key 0

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
please share a syscheck and make sure your cIOSs are updated, d2x cIOSs have addressed the Korean Common Key

Also note that even non-d2x cIOSs constructed by ModMii that are not base 38 have been modified to include the korean key patch; from ModMii 4.6.0 changelog:
  • The Korean Key patch was added to ALL the cIOSs ModMii builds that do not use IOS38 as base. This will allow non-Korean Wii's to load Korean games.
So in this way the cIOSs constructed by ModMii are slightly better than those created by the official cIOS installers (not counting d2x, those are identical).

Edit: as mentioned below, don't install wii cios on vWii, modmii is for wii only

Last edited by XFlak,

eeL20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
please share a syscheck and make sure your cIOSs are updated, d2x cIOSs have addressed the Korean Common Key

Also note that even non-d2x cIOSs constructed by ModMii that are not base 38 have been modified to include the korean key patch; from ModMii 4.6.0 changelog:
  • The Korean Key patch was added to ALL the cIOSs ModMii builds that do not use IOS38 as base. This will allow non-Korean Wii's to load Korean games.
So in this way the cIOSs constructed by ModMii are slightly better than those created by the official cIOS installers (not counting d2x, those are identical).
how do i send a syscheck? or check my cIOS? I only HBed my vWii back in like...2016 ish and never did anything except play on it

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

1. Im pretty sure the iso is good because it plays normally on dolphin
That has nothing to say - Dolphin is an EMULATOR,the (v)Wii with an USBLoader is the real Hardware.:)
The vWii is only a slower clocked / some Parts disabled / some Parts "flipped" (but the 3 Cores of the Wii U CPU are still there...) and without Systemsettings / some disabled Exploits and other Game relevant Things..)

On Dolphin 99,99 % of any Game is working,not really important how good the Rip or Preservation File is.:)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
how do i send a syscheck? or check my cIOS? I only HBed my vWii back in like...2016 ish and never did anything except play on it
Nevermind, I overlooked that this was vWii. Since it's vWii and other games work u definitely have a d2x cios installed so Korean key shouldn't be an issue.

If u want to run syscheck anyway just follow this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Have u tried switching from ios 249 to 250 or 251? Have u tried updating your USB loader to the latest version? Or trying a different loader all together?

eeL20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Nevermind, I overlooked that this was vWii. Since it's vWii and other games work u definitely have a d2x cios installed so Korean key shouldn't be an issue.

If u want to run syscheck anyway just follow this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Have u tried switching from ios 249 to 250 or 251? Have u tried updating your USB loader to the latest version? Or trying a different loader all together?
1. switching to ios 250 didnt work (gonna try 251 soon tho)
2. I'm currently using USB Loader GX at the latest ver
2. WiiFlowLite doesnt see my USB device

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch