Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I think cheats are ok, as long as it is single player sided and doesn't affect anyone else's enjoyment of said game.

True. but many MANY people ruins multiplayer, and mkwii is full of kids cheating online. so, I hope no.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If latest system version won't be supported for cheats, how would people be able to play newer games and still use single player sided cheats?

Did you really need to triple post? lol Anyways, it's not that simple, the exploit has to be ported over to 5.3.0 and that is not easy at all.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The most benefitial thing out of Wii U homebrew HAS to be enabling Wii U gamepad in vWii AND the incredible thought that could be put into Homebrew games and emulators (DS being the MUST BE PORTED one without a doubt, and N64 please? :P)

The Doom port is something I would love to see, the map in the Gamepad and the main game in the screen... DOOMU
That could apply to a shit-ton of games and that would be GREAT!.

Oh god the possibilities!
THE HYPE!
3iys6.jpg
PS: Forget about cheat codes, we don't want anymore f*ckbags screwing online play like in the Wii.
Do it in private, leave the rest of the world alone.
Same for backups. I already have all the games I want out of the console though, and I am on the lookout for Captain Toad :P

Oh and one more thing...
OAISA.png

Only bad thing though would have to be that I am running 5.3 on my Wii U :(

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
One serious question though...
Would blocking the sites for the Wii U updates in my router still leave me with the option to play online and/or browse with the internet browser/youtube, etc?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Would blocking the sites for the Wii U updates in my router still leave me with the option to play online and/or browse with the internet browser/youtube, etc?

playing online, not.
Web browsing, vwii yes :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo has gotten sneaky with their system updates, you can only do that for so long, eventually, you'll be forced to update if you want to go online. No way around it I'm afraid. I recommend blacklisting IP addresses and deleting all connections in the Wii U.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
playing online, not.
Web browsing, vwii yes :)

Well it's not like I play any of my Wii U games online (only RE Revelations)
But i do play my Wii games online every now and then.

Isn't Wii U online play blocked only if you are using a past firmware?
If you have the newest one but with the sites blocked it would still allow you to play in theory, right?

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One good thing that will come of this is that the kernel exploit should give way to reverse engineering of the system.Thus leading to emulation at some point in the future.

nonameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NWPlayer123 if you need some art for the project just let me know. I could do some fancy 3d animations and stuff like that. Maybe for an intro? just pm me if you need, would be my contribution to the scene

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While i disagree with cheating online, a way to easily edit the contents of RAM on the fly is imperative for highly accessible or public modification of games in my opinion. The only exception being a way to patch game files at runtime, similar to riivolution. Even then, most of the intuitive modifications that you see now in mods like Project M for example simply would not be possible, or would be much more difficult. To the point that it either wouldn't be worth it, or it would be a long, long ways away from initial point of inception. Unfortunately, editing the contents of ram during gameplay is also exactly what would create cheats to use online.

If anyone can find a way to allow easy on the fly ram editing, or some similar function, without enabling cheats in multiplayer i'm all for it. However, for now i can't think of any. Don't get me wrong here, trust me, i want to keep cheats out of multiplayer just as much as anyone else.

Milesgboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly the only thing I want to be able to do is dump files and do modding for games. To have someting like Riivolution to use my modded files and play them as the game boots up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning