Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scurvy? people still get scurvy? thats like an old decease boat people got. ypu'd think in modern age people would know how to prevent that. is it a myth that eating lemons and stuff can curve the effect? how dangerous is scurvy?

Hey if you look up you might see the joke as it's passing over your head! He was calling the guy a pirate in a round about way because he was basically bitching that all of his games he was playing with Loadiine no longer work.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey if you look up you might see the joke as it's passing over your head! He was calling the guy a pirate in a round about way because he was basically bitching that all of his games he was playing with Loadiine no longer work.
yeah, i kind of relapsed on my new years resolution. i have to fight the urge to bait people. i knew i'd get a joke over my head response. but did i feel better when i got it? no, it was emotionless.

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. And 5.5.0 is still garbage so congrats to all of you 5.4 people.
I was actually able to get "Hello World!" to boot on my 5.5.0U console from that link with all of the "The payload binary doesn't exist / is invalid." links. And this is becoming a cliche' at this point, but am I missing something?

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i would like to ask, i just bought a Wii U + Smash Bros Bundle and it is on 4.0.3E and i have the smash bros disk. To play the game do i need to update with the disk to play it?
P.S. i have to way for yoshi wolly world to arrive to update to 5.3.2E :)
P.S 2. I Just put my yoshi disk in and update via disk??? is there a possibility to accidentically update to a higher firmware without any internet connection? Does wii connect automatically to free wifi spots???
THX in advance

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was actually able to get "Hello World!" to boot on my 5.5.0U console from that link with all of the "The payload binary doesn't exist / is invalid." links. And this is becoming a cliche' at this point, but am I missing something?

That's because you were looking at something with a userland exploit.
Userland works on 5.5.0 but you don't have a public kernel exploit :)

Reactions: LoganK93

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not being on the latest firmware = no eshop access

No Eshop access = Can't grab game updates when they're out

Not being on the latest game update = No online play for that game

A new firmware is a new firmware, even if it's just one little number higher (Ex: 5.5.0 compared to 5.5.1)
You do not have eshop access right now, as a 5.5.0 user just because of 5.5.1
You don't need IOSU for that! :)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-5-3-2-5-4-0.397053/
But you've got to use other version.bin files, since the newest is 5.5.1! ;)

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
He was talking about 5.5.0 users.
Well, that's unfortunate! :(
But if I'm not mistaken, 5.5.0 didn't have to wait as long as 5.4.0 users did for the recent webkit- (so also the previously working kernel-) exploit!
People just shouldn't write another 300 pages (+200 pages from 5.5.1 people; I'm sure it won't even take a week before someone asks :glare:) about the devs releasing the exploit, but just be patient!

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
No your wrong i never had lodine. All the games im talking about are all original games. which i have purchased in the gameshop. Heres a pic. Im no pirate.....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No your wrong i never had lodine. All the games im talking about are all original games. which i have purchased in the gameshop. Heres a pic. Im no pirate.....
Also have Mariokart8 which was pre-installed.....but hey guys i dont mind the banter. its all fun after all....

Attachments

• gamesx.jpg
    gamesx.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 455

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A quick question:
What is the best tool for loading and/or dumping files of WiiU software?
I've been using Cafiine, but the -request feature doesn't really work for me (maybe it's @wj44's website, that's version is outdated? :O

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also Cafiine doesn't support editing code afaik, which also is a bummer! :(

Last edited by JaceCearK1,

cmdj13

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys, can someone tell me how to compile code for a 5.5.0 WiiU? I tried Mathew_Wi's version of libwiiu but all I get is a bunch of errors and sometimes the binaries for 2.0.0 - 5.3.2, but never any 5.5.0 binaries (I tried it on Linux and Windows). Is there any other way to compile code for 5.5.0 at the moment?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, can someone tell me how to compile code for a 5.5.0 WiiU? I tried Mathew_Wi's version of libwiiu but all I get is a bunch of errors and sometimes the binaries for 2.0.0 - 5.3.2, but never any 5.5.0 binaries (I tried it on Linux and Windows). Is there any other way to compile code for 5.5.0 at the moment?
You just need to edit the makefile a bit and also libwiiu/src/coreinit.h. Add this to the end before the #else
Code:
#elif VER==550
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x102A3B4)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((unsigned int (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x102B828)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x1031618)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x102F160)
and then edit the makefile, copy and paste main532 and rename everything to 550 and add it to the all like so
Screenshot_95.png

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wupinstaller is broken for splatoon EUR.

Back on the thread numerous people (including me) have had problems installing the update and it locked us out of the game. The ones that tried are all on 5.4.0 and have waited hours on a 0x00000000 screen for it to install.

Reactions: Ichii Giki

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wupinstaller is broken for splatoon EUR.

Back on the thread numerous people (including me) have had problems installing the update and it locked us out of the game. The ones that tried are all on 5.4.0 and have waited hours on a 0x00000000 screen for it to install.
Try hosting locally, that fixed all of the problems(including this one) for me.

cmdj13

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You just need to edit the makefile a bit and also libwiiu/src/coreinit.h. Add this to the end before the #else
Code:
#elif VER==550
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x102A3B4)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((unsigned int (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x102B828)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x1031618)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x102F160)
and then edit the makefile, copy and paste main532 and rename everything to 550 and add it to the all like so
Screenshot_95.png

Thanks very much, but I actually was able to get it working by myself (I had the brilliant idea of copying the framework and libwiiu folders from Mathew_Wi's fork but keep the Makefiles and build.py - and it worked :D). But still very kind of you to help me :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone played that game?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only one I played was the DBZ trading card game game on the GBA
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    okay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    isn't sparking zero supposed to be accurate to their canon power too?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprise surprise, @HiradeGirl is back today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright @SylverReZ you win, lets go double or nothing.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    good morning
    +2
  • O @ Olqase93:
    Hi, I need help whit my r4 r4itt new please
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🛌 Shhhhhhh
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    homebrew your DSi and forgo the flashcard with NDS bootstrap or something along those lines
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰
    Nah. Just get a 3rd [3000 series] gen PSP.
    +2
    I like PSP on my Pi lol
    Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Finally got an appointment with an ENT, but it's not for another month. It's already been 4- days of loud ringing in my left ear, substantial pain on left side of my neck and left side on the back of my head. Doctors here at the regular clinic put me on a couple different meds for a month that did absolutely nothing, then they told me there's nothing more they can do for me despite being in pain and my ear sounding like im underwater and ringing.
    Then three chiropractor appointments which also didn't help at all so i didn't go to the 4th. Been trying to get ahold of this ENT clinic out of town for a week and finally got an appointment set up. But its not til the 17th of July so I have to suffer all this shit for nearly another month.
    I hope relief from all of this is on the way because I've felt so defeated and severaly lacking in sleep because of the pain and ringing.
    :sad::sad::sad: for RCS
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :sad::sad::sad: for RCS