Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ISOU isn't being delayed to protect so-called 'noobs', Hykem will release the exploit when it is ready and he wants to release it.

You will have to do without eshop access until some kind of firmware spoofing or EmuNAND is ready.
But the last thing he said was that IOSU was ready and he's holding off because of boot time exploit, last time I heard from him. And he's just now working on the boot time exploit, hoping to prevent users from bricking their console by running unsigned code without sig patches done.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
part of me wonders why ninty patch hacks in this way , esentially patching the libstagefright vuln has allowed the release of the exploit to additional wiiu owners not fewer. Is there something im missing ?

It's called forced obsoletion. Nintendo aren't particularly worried about the extremely small number of Wii U owners who happen to read GBAtemp. The vast majority of people will be on the latest update before they even realise it, and will be quite satisified with this. Less and less people will be running exploitable firmwares, and this number will continue to decrease over time.

But the last thing he said was that IOSU was ready and he's holding off because of boot time exploit, last time I heard from him. And he's just now working on the boot time exploit, hoping to prevent users from bricking their console by running unsigned code without sig patches done.

But a boot-time exploit helps everybody, freeing us from having to use clumsy methods such as a browser exploit.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
It's called forced obsoletion. Nintendo aren't particularly worried about the extremely small number of Wii U owners who happen to read GBAtemp.

yet the few readers of such forums are the exact people they are attempting to block , otherwise there wouldnt be a need for the recent update.

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even sure why they still bother since nx should be coming late this year and seems only a few good games coming out for wiiu like zelda.wii stopped fw updates 2 years before wiiu came out didn't they? I would bet they don't make a new wiiu later than 5.5.0.

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not even sure why they still bother since nx should be coming late this year and seems only a few good games coming out for wiiu like zelda.wii stopped fw updates 2 years before wiiu came out didn't they? I would bet they don't make a new wiiu later than 5.5.0.

We still don't know if its out this year, its just speculation

Reactions: josh87402

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We still don't know if its out this year, its just speculation
This. All we have so far is educated guesses. We also can't exactly tell Nintendo what they as a company should and shouldn't care about, particularly when it's their own product

Reactions: MichMaster

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound like a weird thing for Nintendo to worry about it, but Wii U malware (triggered through a browser exploit someone visits) could be a concern as well.
Shouldn't all software companies worry about that stagefright thing and block it regardless? It was all over the internet for like a month Headlines like 6 Million Android Users At Risk

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Here sits a very sick man. I had bought a lot of games with my wiiu. It turned out to be a 5.4.0 revision firmware...all games played fine. The kirby game, wooly yoshi world...dark sides. Mariokart 8....wee treasure toad adventure and eventually last game to try was super mario smash tennis. It said it needed an update so I agreed, thinking it meant a game update.....it was halfway through its update when I noticed it was updating system software. I had no option then and the new software was installed. So is there someway I can rip all the games in ready for 5.5.0.thank u

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Here sits a very sick man. I had bought a lot of games with my wiiu. It turned out to be a 5.4.0 revision firmware...all games played fine. The kirby game, wooly yoshi world...dark sides. Mariokart 8....wee treasure toad adventure and eventually last game to try was super mario smash tennis. It said it needed an update so I agreed, thinking it meant a game update.....it was halfway through its update when I noticed it was updating system software. I had no option then and the new software was installed. So is there someway I can rip all the games in ready for 5.5.0.thank u
Not right now, probaly in the future.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i missed a part, who and why are sick?

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He contracted scurvy mostly because of the lack of vitamin C he endured while at sea. A pirate's life is not an easy one.
scurvy? people still get scurvy? thats like an old decease boat people got. ypu'd think in modern age people would know how to prevent that. is it a myth that eating lemons and stuff can curve the effect? how dangerous is scurvy?

edit: reread your post, some joke i think. people dont get scurvy. pirates did maybe i guess but this dude has the internet. you think he has internet on the sea? even in this day in age it's probably exspensive

Last edited by TheZander,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally