Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know this may not be the right place or the right way to ask, but I have a "feature suggestion". Would it be possible to turn off the Wii U Tablet's screen and have it stay dark until a specific combination of buttons was pressed to turn it back on? I really don't like the tablet's screen being on while I play games that have no use for it. Especially since the battery already drains so fast.
Yeah that was suggested before, in fact someone mentioned here that he was working on it. I would really like to have that feature too, it bothers me the fact that the tablet is on while I only look at the tv.

golden45

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How come you can access the SD card w/o IOSU access ??
Can the browser write to it?
SD access is possible with only kernel access by hacking SSB4
Mii Maker has access too, and apparently the Wii U Menu does
I was not able to access the sd card while in the menu.

If you want to use the sdcard you need an application that has the right to access it, mii maker, ssb4, ...
So you need to have code being executed by this application, like pygecko does for example. It patches the coreinit start function, which launch a thread each time a new application is launched.
The code executed by pygecko then runs with the rights of the current application.
That way you can access the SD card, read/write. SD cards are formatted in FAT32, while USB uses a special encrypted format.
In my case of the rpx it's different because it's done while the loader is executing, sd access is not possible at this time, not even sockets.

Last edited by golden45,

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shows that he doesn't have the full access to SD card, but only limited access.
We still gonna need IOSU for full access I think.

Ah right, now I'm on the same page ... Nintendo always did this seperation of executable files and game assets on the disc.
For me game files are usualy both :D

dibas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Would it be possible to turn off the Wii U Tablet's screen and have it stay dark until a specific combination of buttons was pressed to turn it back on? I really don't like the tablet's screen being on while I play games that have no use for it.
Hi,
I found a way to theoretically do just this, disable all extra features of the gamepad like sound and the display and use it just as a controller, some time ago.
You can read more about it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-514#post-5643453
Unfortunately I can't test or debug my homebrew on my console as it's running 5.4.0, which is why I asked for anyone interested with a console on 5.3.2 to contact me. Nobody did though, so I thought there wasn't that much interest in exploring this. In case you have a console on 5.3.2 and would like to test that with me, just drop me a message!

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I found a way to theoretically do just this, disable all extra features of the gamepad like sound and the display and use it just as a controller, some time ago.
You can read more about it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-514#post-5643453
Unfortunately I can't test or debug my homebrew on my console as it's running 5.4.0, which is why I asked for anyone interested with a console on 5.3.2 to contact me. Nobody did though, so I thought there wasn't that much interest in exploring this. In case you have a console on 5.3.2 and would like to test that with me, just drop me a message!

Yeah, that's the post I was talking about, so it was you ^^.

Why don't you contact MN1 to give you access to the private browser exploit for 5.4.0, all you need is to prove you can do some useful homebrew stuff with it (that tweak is an example) ^^. At the end of the day it's a benefit for all the hacking scene.

Reactions: Margen67

dibas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Why don't you contact MN1 to give you access to the private browser exploit for 5.4.0, all you need is to prove you can do some useful homebrew stuff with it (that tweak is an example) ^^. At the end of the day it's a benefit for all the hacking scene.
MN1 is busy atm. I'm in contact with him. I'm still trying to find my way around all the system stuff i've never done before, so I think quite some time will pass before my stuff is really productive or useful, so I'm in no hurry ;)

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
MN1 is busy atm. I'm in contact with him. I'm still trying to find my way around all the system stuff i've never done before, so I think quite some time will pass before my stuff is really productive or useful, so I'm in no hurry ;)
I see, anyway, any contribution is very appreciated :)

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Wait, "NUSGrabber"... Sorry for sounding like a complete noob and dumb idiot here but does this mean we can only grab updates or complete games? I rather think updates only, second thing would be quite freaking overkill...

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait, "NUSGrabber"... Sorry for sounding like a complete noob and dumb idiot here but does this mean we can only grab updates or complete games? I rather think updates only, second thing would be quite freaking overkill...
It was already answered under the tweet! ;)
Updates only!
(you can't get games without the corresponding ticket ;) )

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
It was already answered under the tweet! ;)
Updates only!
(you can't get games without the corresponding ticket ;) )
Aaaaah, okay. Well, sad that the eShop is still using other methods to detect the Wii U version, no Mario Maker for me still :( Except I'd buy it on disk but who the heck with a quite fast internet and a large HDD buys disk these days still lol :D

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
in 5.5.0 is there a probably to use loadiine? i had 5.4 but i forgot that wii u can be updated alone

The exploit for 5.5.0 is found but it is not publicly released yet, I would recommend to block updates for now since there is still hope for you. Because there is no guarantee the future updates would be exploitable.

Barquillo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The exploit for 5.5.0 is found but it is not publicly released yet, I would recommend to block updates for now since there is still hope for you. Because there is no guarantee the future updates would be exploitable.

if i del all wifi config the wii u cannot be able to update? i cannot block with the router because dont have these function.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!