Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Chadderz said:
The browser ends at something like 0x27800000

0x0200000-0x1000000 is browser code range.

0x10000000-0x27800000 is browser data range

Chadderz said:
There is an area of the RAM (0xE0000000-0xE4000000) that is shared between all programs and appears to be used for communication with hardware devices such as the graphics card. I noticed that while the game is running, an RGBA32 copy of the screen buffer existed in this area (plus a separate copy for the gamepad). I also noticed that 16bit PCM audio data existed in this area, which when I decoded was the opening sound effects of MK8 (at 0xE2C00000). This is not the file format used on the disk, this is clearly the decoded data that is being sent to the audio interface and out to the speakers. I have no idea if this is always true, or if all the games sound is stored there, but I suspect so. If all you want to do is rip the audio, then this may be a good line of investigation.
0xE0000000-0xE4000000 is shared memory space. Look for framebuffer here if you want to write stuff to the screen.

EDIT: Looking at the picture above it might be 0xE0000000-0xF4000000.

TheLoneWolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've been exploring the VPAD library a bit today, and I had a question: the hex values for all the individual buttons are in the SDK, in "vpadbase.h" but can anyone tell me how to go about detecting multiple buttons being held at the same time, save for going and writing in the unique hex values for every possible button combination? Doing that would obviously be incredibly tedious and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible, haha.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been exploring the VPAD library a bit today, and I had a question: the hex values for all the individual buttons are in the SDK, in "vpadbase.h" but can anyone tell me how to go about detecting multiple buttons being held at the same time, save for going and writing in the unique hex values for every possible button combination? Doing that would obviously be incredibly tedious and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible, haha.

Each button value is a power of 2, and the value given to you by VPADRead() is a bitwise-or of each present value, so you can use two bitmasks, one for each button.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfe

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marionumber1 Relys You guys should put some sorta brief synopsis of the kernel exploit somewhere, even if it's just the pseudocode you guys are basing it off of with a few comments.
Kinda hard to follow for the completely uninformed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s