Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

FM360

Kappa
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
We're working on a bunch of things at once. There are efforts to develop a homebrew SDK, which is happening on WiiUBrew with API documentation and in our libwiiu repo, work on a new browser exploit (which is private), rewriting Chadderz's Cafiine tool, and documenting file formats for game modding. Homebrew and game modding are all possible right now, it's all about getting something that programmers and modders can use, so they can make things that the public uses. As for whether we're close to an actual product within that time, yes, and probably before the 5 month mark.

Now if you're wondering whether our exploit will help with backup loading, definitely not directly. We don't have any interest in it, and won't be releasing the kernel exploit until after Nintendo patches it.

damn son

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this is all from scratch, thanks to soneek from BrawlBRSTMs (and now BCSTMs and BFSTMs) :P
EDIT: Also, first working texture hack using my python script: Pink Monita
Snapshot_20150507_184549.jpg

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this is all from scratch, thanks to soneek from BrawlBRSTMs (and now BCSTMs and BFSTMs) :P
EDIT: Also, first working texture hack using my python script: Pink Monita
Snapshot_20150507_184549.jpg

What exactly changed in the game (texture wise)?
Also, care to explain pink monita?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have to ask, but must we be teased with BRSTM/texture hacks when said tools or methods to do so are forever under lock and key?

Not forever. Later, but not never.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to ask, but must we be teased with BRSTM/texture hacks when said tools or methods to do so are forever under lock and key?

They're not, I just haven't found the time to put them altogether and on my Dropbox :P we're working on it, that multi-channel Electrodrome BFSTM was hand-made, we still need to automate it. Single-channel BFSTMs you can already download from http://brawlcustommusic.com/

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The teasers only make the wait all the more painful to endure. Just sayin'. Better be before 2016.

Welcome aboard... THE WIIU KERNEL EXPLOIT HYPETRAIN :yay:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not, I just haven't found the time to put them altogether and on my Dropbox :P we're working on it, that multi-channel Electrodrome BFSTM was hand-made, we still need to automate it. Single-channel BFSTMs you can already download from http://brawlcustommusic.com/

Fair enough, I can only hope we gain access before 2016 is all :P

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uwizard released when, since we're at it? :P

Yeah, about that. Uwizard 1.1.1 won't be released tonight due to some technical difficulties with wiiubrew.net. :sad: I'll release it Soon™. :D
EDIT: Apparently "Soon™" can mean within an hour!

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cleaned it up, here's what I've been using: TexHaxU
It's a combination of IEA's stuff with a few scripts I made to automate the process even more. Double click extract.bat which asks you for the BFRES name, and it'll auto extract textures. then run convertGTX.bat to convert them all to DDS (you should only use the lossless versions). You can open the DDS files in paint.net and save as PNG to edit in Photoshop, then convert the new PNG back to DDS. Then using hax.py (syntax auto prints every time) to list all texture positions in the bfres, and then use it to splice in the dds texture after it auto converts to the right format. You'll need to make sure mipmap sizes match, otherwise weird things will probably happen. Thankfully TexConv2 handles mipmaps so you just need to guess the right minmip number (for Nintendo Land it's usually 1 for a 1x1 mipmap). You might also need to adjust the delay loops in the python script if texconv2 is super slow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We are VR Troopers lol +1