Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a idea of what FW will be needed,Because I am on my most recent? Or at this point am I better off deleting the network settings from my Wii U?

Yes, 5.3.2 should be fine, but I'd advise you to figure out how to block updates, you don't necessarily need to delete network settings off of your Wii U.

Reactions: Margen67

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
there isnt going to be any homebrew to go with it tho? i dont think anyones working on homebrew or as of yet anyway. so when this is released its just gonna be this and the kernel exploit at a later date
No, you're wrong.

We will get this, Kernel exploit.

And Pong U. :D

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any idea what is coming? Because last NFO I read said start grabbing your titles now.

No idea, they might've already found what we're exploiting and it's patched in 5.3.3/5.4.0, better to take no chances. Of course it might also be talking about them finishing up the ODE.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea, they might've already found what we're exploiting and it's patched in 5.3.3/5.4.0, better to take no chances. Of course it might also be talking about them finishing up the ODE.

Probably. But they've been "finishing up" the ODE for a fair amount of time now :rolleyes:

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably. But they've been "finishing up" the ODE for a fair amount of time now :rolleyes:
Roflcoptaz ikr. Several different teams are also working on IOSU stuff, so it could also be speaking of a software based solution, only time will tell

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's seems that everyone is gaining interest on the Wii U hacking and homebrew scene, then...
I've been mistaken in the past for having involvement with the IOSU/backup loading stuff, but before anybody jumps to conclusions, im not involved in any way shape or form...

We all know hykems workibg on that stuff and i know others who are also working on it independently. I wouldnt be surprised if their are even more teams that are workibg on it to "lurking in the shadows...."

All kidding aside my involvement is wirh trinyx and trinux alone (outside of getting an address on 4.1.0 for Marionumber1, but all due credit belongs to him as he walked me through it.

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't see this until just now, the Mario Party 10 soundtrack rip came out at launch time, which gives me more proof that others have an ODE/kernel/IOSU exploit that we don't know about. Specifically Vector has one himself (I somehow doubt anyone else sent him and others the files)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't see this until just now, the Mario Party 10 soundtrack rip came out at launch time, which gives me more proof that others have an ODE/kernel/IOSU exploit that we don't know about. Specifically Vector has one himself (I somehow doubt anyone else sent him and others the files)

This can't be achieved with DiscU?

Edit: I'm dumb, it would be encrypted I was actually right the first time, heh

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country

Any chance these 'others' will be making their work public? this is in particular relating to a potential IOSU exploit

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance these 'others' will be making their work public? this is in particular relating to a potential IOSU exploit

I take back what I said, I didn't realize crediar had already put music up, it makes sense to come from him.

I posted the complete sound files on the HCS forum on the 18th march, so it is probably from there?

That's what I get for not looking there first. I thought it might've come from you.

On the note of ODE's: AFAIK they're still using some really old firmware to run an IOSU exploit, meaning 1) it might be the same one F0F used back at 3.0.1, 2) I'm willing to bet money some of the newer games don't work, unless they've also made an emuNAND something, simply because the OS doesn't have the functionality to run them (like Smash Amiibo stuff, for example). Even if they do have a working ODE, someone'd have to make a newer IOSU exploit to be able to run every released game like Mario Party 10 (assuming you need IOSU access to run any games I'm pretty sure they do)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of looking through the assets to see if there is any reference to the Silver Mario Amiibo as I have seen some screenshots of the Gold Amiibo in game.
Update: can confirm all functionality is needed. So I got my hands on the code folder for the game, disassembled the RPX, and found these curious strings:

00EDEE34 mp::nfc::TagSystemData::isSilver(const(void))
00EDEDE0 mp::nfc::TagSystemData::isGold(const(void))

along with a bunch of other functions in a nice Mario Party library, and a bunch of functions from their engine too. Reverse engineering games is going to be so much easier now that we have symbols provided in most binaries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Can I hold it for a sec?