Hacking Wii u games and wii games on the same harddrive?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i do is to use ustealh to hide one 2TB drive that holds Wii and GC backups so i can access wiiu and wii/gc drives as and when needed. works a charm

I thought you weren't supposed to leave the Wii U HDD plugged in with Nintendont. The Nintendont thread said that it could mess up the Wii U HDD (even though that doesn't sound possible to me). Or do you use something else for GC backups?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought you weren't supposed to leave the Wii U HDD plugged in with Nintendont. The Nintendont thread said that it could mess up the Wii U HDD (even though that doesn't sound possible to me). Or do you use something else for GC backups?
I wasn't aware of that but yes see it now stated in bold in the Nintendont thread as you say as well as the restrictions section. Never noticed it until now.
Well, all I can say is I've not had any issues but now feel I shouldn't be encouraging people to do this as they seem pretty clear on that thread.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't aware of that but yes see it now stated in bold in the Nintendont thread as you say as well as the restrictions section. Never noticed it until now.
Well, all I can say is I've not had any issues but now feel I shouldn't be encouraging people to do this as they seem pretty clear on that thread.

I'm going to try it regardless. My HDD enclosures have power buttons so I've been switching the Wii U one off before launching USB Loader GX. I think I should be good though. My Wii U HDD is connected to USB 3 (my USB 1 is unreliable). USB Loader GX only recognizes USB 0 and 1. Still, better safe than sorry I suppose.

LordOrwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was unable to get usb loader gx to recognize my usb1 even after installing the beta cios. I was however able to put wii games on usb0, wiiu games on usb3 and gc games on a memory stick in usb4. HOWEVER this was touchy as heck. I originally had issues with vwii not launching at all while the sd card was inserted, requiring me to remove and immediately reinsert it. That problem went away but i removed the drive to add some more roms and when i connected it back i had the same issue again. Currently i'm just putting nintendont games on the memory card.

Jackojohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I am not mistakened, you can have Wii u, Wii games, gc games and homebrew emu all on same sd card?

Any benefit from 256 gb sd card vs a 256 gb micro 3ds card with adapter if they are both a SanDisk extreme level quality?

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I am not mistakened, you can have Wii u, Wii games, gc games and homebrew emu all on same sd card?

Any benefit from 256 gb sd card vs a 256 gb micro 3ds card with adapter if they are both a SanDisk extreme level quality?
Only way your gonna have Wii u on sd is if your using loadine

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@wolf_ already cover Loaddiine, so I only tackle the benefit from high end SD card. No Wii U fat32 driver sucks, so there is no benefit getting high speed card. If FAT32 driver is optimized, then loading both Wii U and Wii on same FAT32 HDD would be ideal

Techincally, we can load Wii U and Wii on same FAT32 HDD with Mocha, but the loading speed for Wii U equals of Loaddine and installing/ transferring games to FAT32 HDD is deal breaker

Last edited by tivu100,

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wolf_ akready cover Loaddiine, so I only tackle the benefit from high end SD card. No Wii U fat32 sucks, so there is no benefit getting high speed card. If FAT32 driver is optimized, then loading both Wii U and Wii on same FAT32 HDD would be ideal

Techincally, we can load Wii U and Wii on same FAT32 HDD with Mocha, but the loading speed for Wii U equals of Loaddine and installing/ transferring games to FAT32 HDD is deal breaker
I don't ever seeing the fat32 being redone from ground up by developers seeing how we can make our own wiivc and GameCube vc

Manaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Short answer: No

Long answer: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They are using two completely different file systems. Maybe someday someone will figure out a way, but for now, nope.

P.S. ALL of us would love this feature so don't think we aren't all praying for it.

Hi, I'm new to the Wii u loading hacking scene so I wanted to know if this has been made possible with the Wii u, yet, one drive with Wii u and vwii data

Regards

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I'm new to the Wii u loading hacking scene so I wanted to know if this has been made possible with the Wii u, yet, one drive with Wii u and vwii data

Regards
Yes, look on this thread to create Wii VC injects of your Wii backups and install them using WUP Installer GX2.
Keep in mind that you will need signature patches (haxchi/coldboot haxchi/mocha) to be able to install and play the Wii VC injects

Manaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, just one other thing, are the injects 100% compatible with all Wii games or is there a compatibility list? Would Nintendo my work the same way as the Wii version (load GC iso from same hdd)
Thanks

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks, just one other thing, are the injects 100% compatible with all Wii games or is there a compatibility list? Would Nintendo my work the same way as the Wii version (load GC iso from same hdd)
Thanks
Well, all games work perfectly but some have trouble detecting the gamepad as a classic controller (if you enable the "Use Wii U gamepad" option)
And yes, using that script you can also put GC games on your Wii U USB/HDD as a GC Inject (Wii VC inject that boots the GC game through Nintendont)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol indeed