Hacking Wii u games and wii games on the same harddrive?

megaxoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed games onto one USB HardDrive using brazilian method and they are working well. I also have many wii games which are installed on different HardDrive. I wonder can we install Wii and WiiU games on ONE HardDrive instead of two?

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short answer: No

Long answer: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They are using two completely different file systems. Maybe someday someone will figure out a way, but for now, nope.

P.S. ALL of us would love this feature so don't think we aren't all praying for it.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very soon as either one of these two cases will become reality:
  • Dimok's Mocha CFW will allow redNAND to be inside a folder on a FAT32 drive alongside other folders like wbfs for (v)Wii
  • IOSU will be "exploited that much" (through any kind of custom firmware) that the Wii U thinks, the USB drive is in it's file system although it's FAT32 so regular (or brazilian) installation of games to USB will be inside a folder on a FAT32 drive alongside other folders like wbfs for (v)Wii

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country

They are using two completely different file systems. Maybe someday someone will figure out a way, but for now, nope.

P.S. ALL of us would love this feature so don't think we aren't all praying for it.
Whenever I see your logo my heart skips a beat -.-

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

what i do is to use ustealh to hide one 2TB drive that holds Wii and GC backups so i can access wiiu and wii/gc drives as and when needed. works a charm

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what i do is to use ustealh to hide one 2TB drive that holds Wii and GC backups so i can access wiiu and wii/gc drives as and when needed. works a charm
Yeah, having to drives this might be the best solution yet.
However, I can't wait for FAT32 support for the main Wii U stuff. ;)

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have a Wii U and a ustealth Wii drive plugged in at the same time?
yeah. ustealth of course tricks wiiu mode into thinking only one drive is plugged in. wii mode only recognises the 2nd drive of course as the wiiu drive is formatted differently. any wii home brew/emus that dont work with stealth is saved on sd.

You maybe interested in a post I created when considering and testing the theory.. https://gbatemp.net/threads/2-connected-usb-hdds-using-ustealth.451454/

Last edited by snoofly,

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. ustealth of course tricks wiiu mode into thinking only one drive is plugged in. wii mode only recognises the 2nd drive of course as the wiiu drive is formatted differently. any wii home brew/emus that dont work with stealth is saved on sd.

You maybe interested in a post I created when considering and testing the theory.. https://gbatemp.net/threads/2-connected-usb-hdds-using-ustealth.451454/

Interesting......I guess I could do that, just never bothered. My Wii drive is a USB 2.0 drive with a Y-Cable where as my Wii U drive is a USB 3.0 drive (no Y-Cable). I guess I could use the USB ports in the front to keep them both plugged in. Thanks for the info!

kajeinarsson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting......I guess I could do that, just never bothered. My Wii drive is a USB 2.0 drive with a Y-Cable where as my Wii U drive is a USB 3.0 drive (no Y-Cable). I guess I could use the USB ports in the front to keep them both plugged in. Thanks for the info!

Why not use sd card and the loader cfg to Wii games?

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
They don't make SD cards big enough :)
Correction, we are too poor to get this big boi

extreme-pro-1tb_right-angle_lr-100683375-large.0.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1