Hacking Wii U already hacked but how???

NeoCortexUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, so I bought a WiiU with a 1TB external Maxtor HDD.

It has 123 games on it and I would like to add to this. I am worried that if I try and add a game with wrong software that I might brick it.

Any suggestions on how I might found out how this unit has been hacked and how I will be able to add games to it?

ideally I would like to clone the external disc to another identical one that I have purchased already so I can modify the cloned disk in case I screw it up but copying the disc is proving to be quite difficult with Windows 10 as its not formatted in a recognisable file system.

Cheers,
Neo

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't make a HDD image and restore it on the larger one because of encryption.
And you bought an HDD with pirated games on it, mentioning this is against the gbatemp rules iirc so the damage is already done I guess.
You have to format the new one and install every new legitimately purchased and dumped game to it.
To find out if it is hacked just look for a Haxchi symbol or if it hasn't one try to launch an installed Wii or GC game, if it succeeds you have CBHC installed and you have to be really careful not to brick the system by uninstalling any DS Virtual Console games.
If not it isn't hacked, you then purchase a DS VC game and install Haxchi or use the browser exploit for the time being.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Turn it off and back on. If it has CBHC, you would notice by looking at the gamepad's screen (it would say so, and "autobooting"): you should also have been warned to not factory reset it and also not to delete the buyer's account [before properly uninstalling CBHC]

That's all about brick risk, but if you have determined to NOT have CBHC, to properly answer the original question: Do you have to click on a certain icon to run some games (then you have Haxchi)? Visit a certain website (you have some temporary CFW loaded via browserhax)?

What's on the console's SD card?

[If those games are all disc backups without unsigned DLC, they will run fine without CFW, though]

To copy games to another HDD, connect ONLY the new one, format it, connect both and use settings/data to copy the individual games

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And you bought an HDD with pirated games on it, mentioning this is against the gbatemp rules iirc so the damage is already done I guess.
Mentioning this isn't against the rules at all, selling it on gbatemp would be against the rules.

Either way OP use wupinstaller via a usb stick and have the HDD plugged in, you'll be fine if you have cbhc installed

Last edited by yusuo,

NeoCortexUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't make a HDD image and restore it on the larger one because of encryption.
You have to format the new one and install every new legitimately purchased and dumped game to it.
To find out if it is hacked just look for a Haxchi symbol or if it hasn't one try to launch an installed Wii or GC game, if it succeeds you have CBHC installed and you have to be really careful not to brick the system by uninstalling any DS Virtual Console games.
If not it isn't hacked, you then purchase a DS VC game and install Haxchi or use the browser exploit for the time being.

Just because a HDD is encrypted doesn't mean you can't read it bit for bit / byte for byte and copy it. The copy will be identical. With the same encryption.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone suggest a good place to get WUPinstaller from please? I found a youtube link with a github address but dont fancy that guys RAT all over my PC. Thanks

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just because a HDD is encrypted doesn't mean you can't read it bit for bit / byte for byte and copy it. The copy will be identical. With the same encryption.

Can someone suggest a good place to get WUPinstaller from please? I found a youtube link with a github address but dont fancy that guys RAT all over my PC. Thanks
Why not just get it from this very site lol

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wup-installer-gx2-rpx-channel.456199/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wupinstaller-y-mod-with-multiple-install-folders.445907/

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not true. You can't copy it byte for byte. It's has already been attempted by many with many different programs and even cloning hardware. It doesn't work

NeoCortexUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Turn it off and back on: There is no Haxchi or autobooting message on the controller
I don't have to run any special icon to run a game. They are all just their on the controller.
How can I find out whats on the consoles SD card?

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn it off and back on: There is no Haxchi or autobooting message on the controller
I don't have to run any special icon to run a game. They are all just their on the controller.
How can I find out whats on the consoles SD card?

Wii U games will just run. It’s Virtual console games that would have to run a sig patch first
Cbhc message would appear after the Nintendo and Wii U screens. Screen will be black with message at the top. You can see it on tv and gamepad.
As for sd card just pop it into ur computer to see what’s on it

Also how do you get into you hb launcher?
If you have an icon then u prob have haxchi
If you have the channel version then most likely you’d have cbhc but you’d see the message on startup if you did so u prob don’t have it if no see it

Plug new hardrive in Wii U only and let it format to Wii U format then you can restart with both plugged in and in disk management you can copy or move everything from one hardrive to the other. I’d prob do copy and not move, just to make sure everything works smooth before removing the stuff off the original hardrive. I did 480G of games at once this way and it worked fine. Afterwards just look up how to format a Wii U hardrive to use on windows again because it won’t just show up when plug it into computer like it normally would when it’s a windows file system format

Last edited by Tri-Z,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.