Need help with the Wii U

RoykeD83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello I hope there is someone who can help me..I have a Wii U 32gb that has been softmodd with an external hdd. the seller said that there were a lot of games on it but in reality only 5. but he had explained to me how to play games via my laptop after the external hdd .. but my laptop does not recognize it .. we also have a Wii with an external disk and that works perfectly also easy to put the games from my laptop via an app on the external hdd of the Wii .. he still had all kinds of written apps and stuff, but they are already on it. my question is how do i get the wii u external hdd to work on my laptop. and / or does it require an app . and if that succeeds, you must also have a program to place the games on the external hdd or do something with it.. I hope someone can help me but actually my son because the seller did not respond to my questions unfortunately. thanks everyone.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good morning,

if your external hard drive is formatted in the format of the wii U ==> you can not do anything, (this may interest you ==> DumpsterU)

if your external hard drive is formatted FAT32, you can use it on the wii and on the vwii mode of the wii U.

RoykeD83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello

thank you very much for your help.. but i don't really understand what to do. what i understand from your response is if the hdd with the wii u i can't do anything except search on DumsterU .but i don't understand what to do then. and the 2nd option was if it was formatted on that 32 can put it on the Wii and vwii from the wiiu .. there is nothing on it from the regular Wii and I don't know what exactly vwii is either. I'm not familiar with this at all. but is it not possible to put Wii U games on the external hdd? Or is there a program to put them on? and possibly install? because again my laptop doesn't see it when I connect it to the laptop. I don't know those terms that often come with dump and things like that. i just want to put and install wii u games on the external hdd so my son can play the games. sorry again am really not familiar with it.. hopefully we get it right so he can game..thanks everyone :)

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know those terms that often come with dump and things like that. i just want to put and install wii u games on the external hdd so my son can play the games , I'm not familiar with this at all. but is it not possible to put Wii U games on the external hdd? Or is there a program to put them on?
your external hard drive is formatted in Wii U format.

so you can install wii and wii U games.

for wii games, use ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

for wii U games, use ==> Nusplii or wiiUdownloader or Wii U usbhelper (you will find by searching on the site)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is it not possible to put Wii U games on the external hdd?
Aa @jeannotte said. You Download them either directly with the Wii U or put the downloaded files onto the SD card and use the Wii U to install that to USB.
because again my laptop doesn't see it when I connect it to the laptop.
Which is completely normal. For the PC the data on the disc is nothing but garbage. It simply doesn't know how to interpret and decrypt it.
The Wii is different, so please don't compare apples and oranges.

Back to the original question about how to get the games from the HDD. Two ways:
- You don't. Just redownload them instead.
- Ask a tech savy friend for help as this is an advanced, complicated topic. Buzzwords for your friend: DumpsterU, wfs-tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER