Wii to Vwii transfer questions

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Blake5100, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Blake5100
    OP

Blake5100 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    Hello GBAtemp! I have a few questions about the wii to wii u system transfer that I was hoping some of you could help me out with.

I own
    -Wii with cios and priiloader and bootmii and custom channels, etc
    -Wii U with custom channels, and cios

So, what would happen if I did the system transfer on my wii, and restored it to my wii u:
    -Would it copy over the custom channels, cios, bootmii, priiloader, etc.
    -Would my wii u still have cios and hbc after I restored it?
    -Could I make a NAND backup of my wii, do the transfer, than restore the NAND back to the wii. Would my wii looked untouched? And are the cios'es stored in the nand?

2. Fatih120

Fatih120 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2016
    Canada
    Cornwall, Ontario
    It won't copy anything other than legit Wii stuff and saves. No homebrew or anything.

IIRC everything would be fine if you did that NAND procedure that you mentioned.

Blake5100 likes this.
  3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    If you do a NAND backup prior to the transfer and then reflash it afterwards, you will have the same content on both consoles

Also, just so you know, the transfer doesn't actually transfer everything and wipe the Wii; it just transfers channels and user data. All cIOSs, the Homebrew Channel, Netflix, and YouTube channels will remain on the current console

Fatih120 and Blake5100 like this.
  4. Blake5100
    OP

Blake5100 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for the help guys :D

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. Fatih120

Fatih120 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2016
    Canada
    Cornwall, Ontario
    Oh, really? I thought it was a total wipe.

TIL

6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Don't believe so. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, since I modded my Wii after the transfer, but I'm 95% certain that's the case

7. aenoch

aenoch GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    i have sorta the same question. the only thing im worried about is my saves transfering and maybe my mii i just reused the same hard drive from my wii for my vwii so games arent a big deal. i know i used a memory card for some gamecube games but i dont remember if any saved to the wii its self.

or would Savegame Manager GX be better for me will that take saves from a gamecube memory card