Hacking Wii to Vwii transfer questions

SugoiEndeavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBAtemp! I have a few questions about the wii to wii u system transfer that I was hoping some of you could help me out with.

I own
-Wii with cios and priiloader and bootmii and custom channels, etc
-Wii U with custom channels, and cios

So, what would happen if I did the system transfer on my wii, and restored it to my wii u:
-Would it copy over the custom channels, cios, bootmii, priiloader, etc.
-Would my wii u still have cios and hbc after I restored it?
-Could I make a NAND backup of my wii, do the transfer, than restore the NAND back to the wii. Would my wii looked untouched? And are the cios'es stored in the nand?

Fatih120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't copy anything other than legit Wii stuff and saves. No homebrew or anything.

IIRC everything would be fine if you did that NAND procedure that you mentioned.

Reactions: SugoiEndeavor

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do a NAND backup prior to the transfer and then reflash it afterwards, you will have the same content on both consoles

Also, just so you know, the transfer doesn't actually transfer everything and wipe the Wii; it just transfers channels and user data. All cIOSs, the Homebrew Channel, Netflix, and YouTube channels will remain on the current console

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have sorta the same question. the only thing im worried about is my saves transfering and maybe my mii i just reused the same hard drive from my wii for my vwii so games arent a big deal. i know i used a memory card for some gamecube games but i dont remember if any saved to the wii its self.

or would Savegame Manager GX be better for me will that take saves from a gamecube memory card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-