Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
How about they release a game for once instead of shit?
Or maybe localize some games? Maybe if they honestly treated their system like a video game console instead of a place to shit shovelware and other casual games on instead, then maybe more people would be more interested in it again.
Totally agreed. Things need to change drastically with Project Café.
Rumours say that they are gonna be more third party.
So basically next gen we will have a bunch of near-identical consoles >.>

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't something like this happen with the Gamecube too?

I remember that Nintendo was in the red for the first time and then they dropped the price of the cube to $99 then everyone started buying again.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
An expected downfall, you can't expect a console to sell when there are no new games worth getting, there was Skyward Sword which got delayed to god knows when, other than that, it's pretty much in grave with only its feet left out (which is because of Skyward Sword).

3DS will bloom soon, it's just a matter of time, OoT Mario & MGS are gonna open the floodgates soon. Oh, also the eShop.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am I the only one who thinks the wii isn't selling because the market is way oversaturated....they are running out of people to sell them too

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
am I the only one who thinks the wii isn't selling because the market is way oversaturated....they are running out of people to sell them too
Another price drop will boost sales im sure.

There are still lots of kids out there who need mommy and daddy to buy their video game systems for them. Parents will be more likely to buy their little moochers a Wii cause it wont break the bank.

Also, I would probably be more likely to buy a new Wii if there was a price drop, even though my old one still works fine, its definitely seen better days. Ive dropped it from about 7 feet onto concrete stairs, seems to have worked fine all these years but you can tell is been dropped
yaywii.gif

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they localize The Last Story (which since they own Monolith Soft and published the game, they can do) or reverse their decision to not localize Fatal Frame 4 (since they're the publisher), Nintendo will have instant sales.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
omgpwn666 said:
Wii sales are low because everyone in the world already has one.

Exactly. Are there any major releases left on the Wii? Skyward Sword and... Dragon Quest X? Is that still aiming for the Wii or will it shift to Project Cafe?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shaunj66 said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
How about they release a game for once instead of shit?
Or maybe localize some games? Maybe if they honestly treated their system like a video game console instead of a place to shit shovelware and other casual games on instead, then maybe more people would be more interested in it again.
Totally agreed. Things need to change drastically with Project Café.

It's all about quality control my friend. Remember when Nintendo was openly criticized by the gaming industry for the whole Gold Seal of Approval thing which evidently damaged the sales numbers of the N64 but still brought us a ton of great titles in the process? I think it's high time it makes a come back in a big way, the developers can be butt hurt about it but it's not the console of 3rd parties that is selling it, it's Nintendo. The last thing we need is another generation of mediocre casual, non gamer types games and movie based games, those need to be thrown onto some other platform. Nintendo needs to do a better job of overseeing what gets released on their platforms from 3rd parties and put a stop to the crappy titles that wind up in the Used bin within 3 months of release for 5.99

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Uh, the Nintendo Seal of Approval has been around since the NES. The NES which had more utter shit games than the Wii or the DS (and possibly any games system since Atari was burying ET carts in the dessert). And I don't just mean "games which are aimed at tweenage girls" or mini-game collections I mean games which were literally broken and unplayable. Don't look back to the N64 with rose coloured glasses either. While there were some gems there were many titles that should never have made it onto store shelves past any self respecting quality controller. I mean Superman 64, widely classed as the worst game on any system ever, had that stamp on it during the N64 era. Carmageddon 64, The Powerpuff and Powerangers games, Olympic Hockey 98, Army Men - you're not telling me that Nintendo barred bad games from coming out on the N64. Bad games being released for a system doesn't make the system bad, it's only a lack of good games that does that.

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 sales have been lower, several times. Heck they're pretty close now, which is funny because the PS3 still sells for twice as much as the Wii.

Well anyway, only a fanboy would make a big deal out of this. Wii won the generation and will remain in the lead until the PS3 and 360 are off the shelves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum... https://youtu.be/wV_BPDi8Ems?si=1UUzI1S7Rp6sujmq