Hacking Wii Resident evil 4 crash

hamy777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HELP

My wii crash while playing resident evil 4 i pushed 1 on chapter 5-1 after getting ashley back and jumping down the garbage shoot

it crashed black for a bit and went to a nintendo error message and told me to look at the operation manual

now every time i put the disc in after a while it loads and comes up with the same error message
Note:
My wii is hardmodded with cioscorp on 4.0, preloader
Game worked flawlessly until this happened
The game is preowned and in good condition bought from EB games NOT ONLINE
I reversed this using a bootmii backup on 3.4 and this one was softmodded same error message and crash

My wii is LU1 and pal possibly not LU1 but bought about 6 months after australian release

the hardmod is this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it an error about not reading the disc? Sometimes Wiis can be picky even after a disc has worked many times before. I've seen this firsthand a few times. If this is the case then first, obviously, try cleaning the disc and if that doesn't work try burning again. Use an RW to test so you won't waste a disc if it isn't the reason why...

hamy777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried playing brawl main problems for all of this is slow loading times and for re4 it eventually has the error message crash after pushing - so many times in re4
and if i didn't mention this earlier i was able to get into the game by turning the power socket off and back on wii works but slow loading still and random re4 crash
EDIT
cleaning the disc was the first thing i did

This may glitch may be caused by the DVD drive laser burnt out can backups cause that this may help alot of people

Gamecube games still work oddly

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you use the official disc cleaner for the wii as that one is much better quaility than generic ones. It is designed specifically for the wii after all and it usual cleans what others failed to clean.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an interesting piece of info. Perhaps it is something to do with jitter when the laser gets toward the outside of the disc. This would make sense since GC games only use the inner part of the disc and the motor doesn't need to work as hard to spin at the same rate as it would when reading from the outside of a disc like on a Wii game. I would try testing out some stripped Wii games that would occupy the same space or less than a GC game to see if it had they suffered from the same problem.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cracker said:
Is it an error about not reading the disc? Sometimes Wiis can be picky even after a disc has worked many times before. I've seen this firsthand a few times. If this is the case then first, obviously, try cleaning the disc and if that doesn't work try burning again. Use an RW to test so you won't waste a disc if it isn't the reason why...
This.

I think it's scratched. My godfather disk did the same thing always giving the same message in the same point of the game.. I ripped it, then burnt it again and haven't gotten an error since. If it's legit you can't really rip it unless you have the right DVD drive I believe, so try downloading it and burning it. Atleast that's a definite fix...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also