My Nintendo Wii keeps Soft-locking

Link2356

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep it short with a side note at the bottom: Every time I try to play Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, all I would get is a white screen with just a word "Error" on it. After a while, I gave up and tried to delete the game. However when attempting to delete the game, nothing happened over 25 minutes, so I ended up turning the system off thinking it just crashed.

Suddenly, I cannot bring up my SD card menu to play any other WiiWare games at all, nor can I go into my Wii channel system memory to see if the game is actually deleted.

Is there any way for me to fix this?

Side note: FFIV: After Years was playable when I last used my Wii in late 2019. I believe I did try to install the DLC for it (via wads) sometime after playing it for a while, but I never checked whether it worked or not. . . Until now, of course. 😅

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll keep it short with a side note at the bottom: Every time I try to play Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, all I would get is a white screen with just a word "Error" on it. After a while, I gave up and tried to delete the game. However when attempting to delete the game, nothing happened over 25 minutes, so I ended up turning the system off thinking it just crashed.

Suddenly, I cannot bring up my SD card menu to play any other WiiWare games at all, nor can I go into my Wii channel system memory to see if the game is actually deleted.

Is there any way for me to fix this?

Side note: FFIV: After Years was playable when I last used my Wii in late 2019. I believe I did try to install the DLC for it (via wads) sometime after playing it for a while, but I never checked whether it worked or not. . . Until now, of course. 😅
Was the error in question one of these?

attachment.php

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou