Wii JAP 4.2J Softmodded - Now Need to Convert from JAP to USA

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jakelee, Aug 4, 2010.

1. jakelee
    OP

Newcomer jakelee Member

United States
    Hi,

I have just completed the update to 4.2 using the softmod guide and it works like a charm. However, what I have is a JAP Wii, often times the JAP menu simply is not optimal. I'd like to see if it is likely to convert the JAP system menu to a USA system menu so all system menu is displayed in English. Please advise. Thanks a lot,

J-

2. LapisLazuli

Member LapisLazuli Thrills, chills, kills!

United States
    uhhhhhhh doesn't Waninkoko have something for this?

3. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    I never tried it, but it should be possible with dop-mii to install ios60 v6174 and change the wii region with anyregion changer 1.1b mod06 to USA and install menu 4.1u.

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Change the region with AnyRegion Changer mod6b, and install IOS60 v6174 and 4.1U. If you want 4.2 after changing, install IOS70 v6687 and 4.2U.

If you want a USA shop account, you probably need to remove your JAP shop account before changing the region. The wii will refuse to connect to the shop with another region's account.

You probably should install the EULA and RgnSel for the USA as well.

5. jakelee
    OP

Newcomer jakelee Member

United States
    Thanks a lot. I was reading the wiki on any region changer. My JAP Wii is already softmodded and updated to 4.2J. So I assume I will need to use AnyRegion Changer mod6b and install IOS70 v6687 and 4.2U.

I hope there is a step by step configuration guide somewhere as a reference. Thanks...