Wii GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Theta

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyman said:
I still didn't install the GC Backup Launcher because there is so much confusion about MIOS patching and multigame disc loading etc.
I think it's about time for another summary, it would be nice if someone could clear up the following questions:

Which MIOS/patching method is better - WiiGator's or Waninkoko's?

What are the advantages/drawbacks of each method?

Do you have to choose from one of them or can you use both methods?

What is the best tool to create Multi game discs and which formats are supported (e.g. gcm, iso)?

Maybe anyone can think of other questions that need to be answered/summarized, for me, those are the most important I can think of now.
Or maybe someone can make a sticky with a step-by-step tutorial so that the confusion ends.
I still wonder what is with the announced loader from Waninkoko...

Which MIOS/patching method is better - WiiGator's or Waninkoko's? & What are the advantages/drawbacks of each method?
I use Waninkoko's, because it supposedly easier to use and will work with the 'soon to come' loader stuff. As far as I know, compatibility doesn't change all that much between them.

You can only have one method (1 cMIOS) at a time, but you can (AFAIK) change them any time.

What is the best tool to create Multi game discs and which formats are supported (e.g. gcm, iso)?
I currently use "MultiGameISOCreator.exe". It shrinks games, it has a user-friendly UI and it worked every time. It can open both GCM and ISO files [Which, btw, are the same. You just change the extension. AFAIK... ^^]

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 things I prefer:

Wii for DVD-R

GameCube for Mini DVD-R

They are better that way and a nice to collect instead of MultiGame is not my things, nah.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
2 things I prefer:

Wii for DVD-R

GameCube for Mini DVD-R

They are better that way and a nice to collect instead of MultiGame is not my things, nah.
Oh, MultiGame ain't my thing too, it's just I'm low on DVDs right now, only DVD9 =)
...but they don't work with the loader. At least, I couldn't get them to work.

--Edit--
Sry, wrong topic... ^^' Not that it's all that off topic anyway...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have plenty DVDs but I still prefer those two things I want.
smile.gif

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fye_DX said:
Cyman said:
I still didn't install the GC Backup Launcher because there is so much confusion about MIOS patching and multigame disc loading etc.
I think it's about time for another summary, it would be nice if someone could clear up the following questions:

Which MIOS/patching method is better - WiiGator's or Waninkoko's?

What are the advantages/drawbacks of each method?

Maybe anyone can think of other questions that need to be answered/summarized, for me, those are the most important I can think of now.
Or maybe someone can make a sticky with a step-by-step tutorial so that the confusion ends.
I still wonder what is with the announced loader from Waninkoko...

Which MIOS/patching method is better - WiiGator's or Waninkoko's? & What are the advantages/drawbacks of each method?
I use Waninkoko's, because it supposedly easier to use and will work with the 'soon to come' loader stuff. As far as I know, compatibility doesn't change all that much between them.

You can only have one method (1 cMIOS) at a time, but you can (AFAIK) change them any time.

I currently use "MultiGameISOCreator.exe". It shrinks games, it has a user-friendly UI and it worked every time. It can open both GCM and ISO files [Which, btw, are the same. You just change the extension. AFAIK... ^^]

could you give me a link to download MultiGameISOCreator.exe
i can't seem to find it...

TehLink

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I have tried:
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO (U) - Works perfectly
Zoids Battle Legends (U) - Loads up to the main menu but everything leads to a Disc Read Error.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squaremast said:
I got a proble with two games 1: Sonic adventure 2 and 2: 007 nightfire
In sonic a black screen apear but the sound is still working and in nightfire a screen saing an error has ocurred please turn bla bla bla somebody know what to do? in the compativiliti list the both games work

For sonic adventure 2, you could try different boot methods. However, it probably is an issue with the wrong region. I don't think the pal version will work on an ntsc console. (I tried it and got the same results you got.)
Nightfire try different booting method. I think pressing b is the best for compatibility with saves etc.

DehShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone updated the compatibility wiki with that Paper Mario having save problems. I was just wondering if this was true, because I've been playing for a while and never experienced this problem.

Malhilion

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having trouble with this app... I couldn't install WiiGators MIOS as Hombrew Channel 10.01 told me that it wasn't a valid wii application. As a result I have installed Waninkoko's MIOS. Even so, when I run the Gamecube Launcher it freezes on the title page and then resets my Wii. I know that the MIOS is installed correctly because when I use Wii Backup Launcher to load from the disc channel I get the GameCube screen. When I click start, that also resets my Wii. My system is PAL 3.2E, and I am trying to load Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes (PAL version). I am dying to play this game again, my copy is all scratched up from overuse!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh, and I'm new, so hi everyone.

Malhilion

TehLink

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AaronUzumaki said:
TehLink said:
From what I have tried:
Zoids Battle Legends (U) - Loads up to the main menu but everything leads to a Disc Read Error.

zoids did the same for me...
Yeah, I'm kinda mad, really wanted to play it. Hope there is some kinda fix for it soon.

serving

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey does anyone here know if you can use mini dvd-r with the gc backuploader or do you have to use the regular dvd-r

cr08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
serving said:
hey does anyone here know if you can use mini dvd-r with the gc backuploader or do you have to use the regular dvd-r

You can use a mini dvd-r. Just to clarify to everyone who keeps asking this question: Mini DVD-R's and full size DVD-R's are identical except for the size and amount of space they can hold. As far as the Wii is concerned, it doesn't care either way as long as the data on the disc is right.

In essence: Use a mini dvd or a full size dvd. Doesn't matter.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
serving said:
A mini DVD-r is basically just a smaller version of a dvd-r so it should work
(unless the loader can't find it cause its too small)

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehLink said:
AaronUzumaki said:
TehLink said:
From what I have tried:

zoids did the same for me...
Yeah, I'm kinda mad, really wanted to play it. Hope there is some kinda fix for it soon.

me too. It was one of my most favorites of all time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1