Gaming Wii Data on SD card to Wii U problem: Not the prepared SD card

VGYT02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everyone, please read carefully before replying with a question that has awnser in this post. I don't want to continue repeating!

When I had a SD card, The Wii U went preparing it, when it was done, I went to my Wii and used the other data transfer channel to place my data on the SD card, when it was done, you'll see a rocket going up......., and I went back to the Wii U, I put my sd card in.
Continue the transfer? YES!............and then it says
This is not the prepared SD card...........
What now!
I checked my sd card on the pc and it's like this:root\private\wii\app\HCTP\data
and in there to BIN files: content00 and content01...... I guess I still have them?
but can I solve this?
I really did everything that's said!
(and By the way: If it copied my files, with me watching it, It were pikmin going to a rocket..... it is still there right?!)

VGYT02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can you copy them back to the wii ?
No, On my normal wii, going to the settings, wii save data, SD card...... you can't see them.....

that wii - wii u channel already placed my data on the SD card, and it IS the SD card my wii u prepared, and now it denies it!

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump all the data onto your pc, and see what happens if you prep the sd card again (after wiping it after you backup to the pc)

VGYT02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it the same wiiU that the card was 1st prepared on

Yes

did you wait for the wii app to 100% to do its job ,a a message shows up after the rocket goes up

Yes, it was 100%, then you get the message that you go to the Wii U wii system...... so I went to the Wii U with my SD card that was prepared by the wii U and save files FROM my WII and it says it isn't the prepared one......

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, this is what sucks about the Nintendo system transfer crap, if something goes wrong you are shit out of luck. This is one of the reasons I don't buy stuff on from the Nintendo eShop, and I could have copied all my saves to SD first just in case. Be warned that with Wii U games, you can't even transfer your saves to another console.

VGYT02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dump all the data onto your pc, and see what happens if you prep the sd card again (after wiping it after you backup to the pc)

I tried your way and it says it hasn't got the Wii files........... I guess I'm stuck then, unless someone can make a Wii app to extract my save files.....because the file that was on my sd card after extracting the save files on the sd card. is 63 MB, and I think those are only save files

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See if you can go to the eShop with your Wii and redownload the stuff you lost since it didn't copy to the Wii U yet.

VGYT02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
See if you can go to the eShop with your Wii and redownload the stuff you lost since it didn't copy to the Wii U yet.

No, have you read? I lost my save files! the wii -> Wii U channel extracts the save files to your WII U PREPARED SD CARD and then it's ONLY there, and the freaking wii u channel says it isn't the prepared one..............

I guess I'm the only one with this problem

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would your save files get deleted? That's stupid. It's not like you bought the save files from the eShop. effing nintendo.

VGYT02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would your save files get deleted? That's stupid. It's not like you bought the save files from the eShop. effing nintendo.

When you transfer all your data from wii to wii u, you cannot return it to the wii, but I have a abort in the middle of it.......

The wii transferred my data on the sd card that was infact "prepared by vthe wii u" and then the wii u doesnt remember it!!@

Musashi Himura

Trophies
XP
Country
You're not the only one =( I'm having this problem too and if i find a way out of this mess nintendo has caused i will let you know. Let's hope nintendo have something good to say about this. Although despite the fact this isn't working i loved the pikmin carrying my save data. Always a silver lining =)

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have no idea this will work but you can give it a try.
Copy all the data from the SD card (with the Wii to Wii u data) to you PC!

Begin with a new formatted SD card.
Do a new system transfer so the Wii will preparing ar folder on your SD card. When this is done open this folder with your PC and copy in the right folders the data from your previously SD Card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-