hansdampf_HD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi all,

got many VC Games for my good old Wii as WAD files to install to my Wii.

Now I am wondering, can I install these games to my external USB Device also, there is no need that they show up as channels but it would be nice to have. I only had found an option to install the channels to my SD Card, but only in the Wii Settings and there I have to copy every game 1 by 1....

Im a bit afraid of the low free space my Wii has and I think the console will need it for the whole save games...

Thank you guys!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all,

got many VC Games for my good old Wii as WAD files to install to my Wii.

Now I am wondering, can I install these games to my external USB Device also, there is no need that they show up as channels but it would be nice to have. I only had found an option to install the channels to my SD Card, but only in the Wii Settings and there I have to copy every game 1 by 1....

Im a bit afraid of the low free space my Wii has and I think the console will need it for the whole save games...

Thank you guys!
You can use an emuNAND. Most if not all USB loaders have built in emuNAND support which let you boot games from USB with decent compatibility, but if that's not enough, you can use *neek mode, which should have perfect compatibility, and with *neek you can even boot into the emuNAND system menu automatically using Priiloader or BootMii, or manually with a forwarder or HBC, so you can access the games from the regular system menu.

Unlike the regular NAND, there's no 512MB limit, and unlike the SD card menu, you don't have to wait to copy files to NAND every time you want to switch games.

USB Loader GX supports *neek emuNAND and can load channels from it, but once you exit the game you will still be in emuNAND, there's no automatic way to return to sysNAND (and USB Loader GX)
So it's best to use regular emuNAND when possible, and only use neek2o for problem games.

Reactions: CatmanFan

hansdampf_HD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, at first, thank you for your answer.

I'm a big noob and I really don't understand terms like emuNAND and sysNAND + my english isn't the best over the years but I think I understood that I can play VC Files in USB Loader GX. That sound good. Like I said, I have a few .wad VC Games. How can I play them with USB Loader + how can I save them on my USB external drive to start them from here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn