Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 165,157
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK HERES THE VID!!!!! http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/fe...rrent=smash.flv

I just did the exact same thing, and SSE still crashes after the first level for me...right in the middle of a movie with Pit.

Does SSE work for you using these steps?
yes uploading a vid now
what type of disk did u use??
my bro has been playing single mode the whole time from my first post where i said its workign about 8 pages back like 2 hrs now with out a problem...

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, If I just put in a DVD9(DL) backup of Smash that IS NOT regionfriid or brickblocked in a US Wii w/ Wiikey (1.9g) it will run fine and the only error it will give me is the dual channels which isnt a problem besides you have one more channel always there?

its so easy to do the 15% trick and the swap tirck y wouldnt u do that .???
id spend 10 mins and do that stuff then have dual channels and f up ur wii
well really, because, all it is dual channels, and its my friends wii who is just letting me borrow it for the month for this, and he doesnt really care about it much (its been in his closet since he got it)

chuckdeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just wondering...i am downloading dvd9 version right now. didnt dowloaded the dvd5 version....is there a way to burn the dvd5 version from the dvd9 one...that way i wont need to dowload another 4.37gb

thx

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, as of now, is it safer to do the 100% japanese update on an NTSC-U Wii, or do the 15%?
As far as I concerned, I don't think it's good to do any of them. 15% or 100%. We don't know the consequences yet. What if Ninty goes on a banning spree like MSFT by checking Wii's that have dual channels or the 15% update. (Just cause you can't see the news and weather channel doesn't mean the data isn't there)

No Limitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Asking one more time:
If I already did the 15% trick with the DVD5 version of the game (as in I was already playing the DVD5 version) do I still need to do it with the DVD9 version as well?

And one more question:
Do I need to do the DVD9 swap everytime? or just the first time?

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, as of now, is it safer to do the 100% japanese update on an NTSC-U Wii, or do the 15%?

As far as I concerned, I don't think it's good to do any of them. 15% or 100%. We don't know the consequences yet. What if Ninty goes on a banning spree like MSFT by checking Wii's that have dual channels or the 15% update. (Just cause you can't see the news and weather channel doesn't mean the data isn't there)
Thanks. I'll just wait for a brick blocker then.

sebaash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Asking one more time:
If I already did the 15% trick with the DVD5 version of the game (as in I was already playing the DVD5 version) do I still need to do it with the DVD9 version as well?

And one more question:
everytime is you not want the dual channels D:

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, If you can't run brickblocker or RegionFrii on your DVD9 copy, then why don't you use the DVD9 copy as the one you use to update with(15% n dup channel), thus saving you an extra disk from burning 2 copys of the DVD5 release. Now all you should need is the DVD9 untouched and DVD5 brickblocked. Lets use our heads people!!!!

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Asking one more time:

And one more question:
you dont need to do the 15% trick again if u did it once.
and yes u will have to swap everytime.
you load up the dvd 5 vs to skip the update
as of now brickblocker wont work with dvd9 so if you dont swap it will try and update

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, If you can't run brickblocker or RegionFrii on your DVD9 copy, then why don't you use the DVD9 copy as the one you use to update with(15% n dup channel), thus saving you an extra disk from burning 2 copys of the DVD5 release. Now all you should need is the DVD9 untouched and DVD5 brickblocked. Lets use our heads people!!!!
you can run regionfrii on dvd 9 you can not rund brickblocker

sid0101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The innocent and ignorance plea would work in our favor. Since Ninty already thinks we are stupid consumers because we don't need a mic, headset, or storage most likely we can get away with this. All we need to say is that a friend of ours from japan travelled to said country and tried playing the game. We simply did not know that wiis were region locked.
biggrin.gif

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Asking one more time:

And one more question:

From what little I know

To your first question: You don't have to do the 15% upgrade again.

To your second question: until a new version of brick-blocker is made, yes, you would have to swap. Reason for that is that, if you boot with your DVD9 disc (non-brick-blocked) it will ask you to run the update every time until it completes. And since you don't want to let it complete ... well. So use a brick-blocked DVD5 disc (which won't ask you to update) and then swap with the DVD9 that is non-blocked and therefore would've asked if you booted directly with it.

So just to make it clear, the ONLY people that need to swap are those who both, don't want to run the update 100% AND can't get a brick-blocked version of the DVD9 ISO. Those who let the upgrade run 100% or those who can get a brick-blocked DVD9 copy don't need to swap at all.

BTW, someone could easily make a patch to "brick-block" the DVD9 ISO until a new version of brick-blocker is made, so no swaping would be necessary for anyone.

ssahnan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, 1.9g wiikey, 3.1u wii

dvd9 loaded up fine, i kept getting kicked back to home screen on the initial options but its cuz i was hitting 1 on wiimote which is probably a cancel button as oppeoed to 2.

didnt regionfrii the image, wiikey is set to region free

anyone know what those intial setting screens are ? the translation faq doesnt have it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: admonish