Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 165,290
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

Cdnmoose

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gratz fenix4o9

So what modchip and wii (NTSC-?)do u have and what exact steps did u do?

Thanks in advance and gratz!!

SirDrake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i wonder if 15% trick will work with dl version
019_.gif

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, If I just put in a DVD9(DL) backup of Smash that IS NOT regionfriid or brickblocked in a US Wii w/ Wiikey (1.9g) it will run fine and the only error it will give me is the dual channels which isnt a problem besides you have one more channel always there?

Cdnmoose

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
fenix4o9Â Posted Today, 10:27 PM
Â
QUOTE(Cdnmoose @ Feb 4 2008, 11:25 PM)
Gratz fenix4o9

So what modchip and wii (NTSC-?)do u have and what exact steps did u do?

Thanks in advance and gratz!!

check back about 5 to 10 pages i tell all
ntsc-u
wiikey

Will do, thanks and Gratz... now my dl will not be done for another 7 hours !!!!!!!

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, If I just put in a DVD9(DL) backup of Smash that IS NOT regionfriid or brickblocked in a US Wii w/ Wiikey (1.9g) it will run fine and the only error it will give me is the dual channels which isnt a problem besides you have one more channel always there?
its so easy to do the 15% trick and the swap tirck y wouldnt u do that .???
id spend 10 mins and do that stuff then have dual channels and f up ur wii

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, people, here is how this thing works. Of course, don't take my word for it and try to confirm it yourself.

1) Games of other regions different from our console don't usually run at all. This game, being japanese (NTSC-J), would need one of two things to ever run in either USA (NTSC-U) or Europe (PAL) Wii's:
a) To have multiregion support on your modchip and have it enabled (wiikey has it disabled by default, this can be set with the 1.3 or 1.2 configuration disc).
b) or, if you don't want to enable the multiregion support, then run regionfrii on the ISO before you burn it and set it to your region.

2) Games like this REQUIRE an update to run (more on this later). Without this update, it will not run. This update would bring your wii to 3.1 version of firmware and, perhaps, add a few non-important things. But if the update doesn't run (even if only til 15%), the game won't run.

3) When you let games of other regions run updates on your wii ... it MAY SCREW IT UP either completly (total brick), partially (semi-brick) or only add a few duplicate channels (not important and minor inconvenience).

4) Brick-Blocker doesn't work on this release (only in the partial dump DVD5 4.5GB one), but if it did, it would stop the game from runing the update, thus preventing you to run the upgrade of a game from another region inadvertenly and screwing your wii. But remeber point 2 -- This game REQUIRES running the update (even if only til 15%), so at some point you are going to need a copy of this game without brick-blocker on it. If you always brick-block everything, you'll never be able to play this game.

5)Since you must run the update in this disc, you have two options. But first, let me stress, that you SHOULD NOT DO ANY OF THOSE TWO OPTIONS I'M GOING TO MENTION unless your wii is already updated to the newest firmware revision of your region. For americans this would be 3.1u. For europeans 3.1e. For japanese this doesn't matter, as the game will upgrade to 3.1j if you let the full update run. If your wii's firmware is below 3.1 ... don't attempt to run this game with a non-japanese wii!!!!!!!!!!

6)From now on you should have your wii updated to 3.1 to continue. If not, update by connecting your wii to internet. If you can't connect, you could update by running games from YOUR region that carry the updates, such as Wii Chess (PAL) if you are in europe and not-sure-what-games if you are in the US (maybe Donkey Kong Jet Racer NTSC-U). So now you have a 3.1 version of your firmware and you can proceed.

7)These are the two options you have.

A)You put the DVD9 game in, of course without using brick-blocker (since it doesn't work on DVD9) and regionfrii'd if necessary (it never hurts to run regionfrii, so you can do it even if it's not necessary), boots and asks you to update, accept the update and let it finish. You are done. You won't have problems with this game again or have to do anything weird to run it. But, as a result, you will have duplicate news and weather channels in your non-japanese wii.

B)You really can't live with the duplicate channels and are willing to risk complicated procedures to run the game to avoid it. Fine. Then you need: two copies of the DVD5 disc ... one "as is" (or regionfrii'd if you need it or when in doubt) and one brick-blocked (also regionfrii'd if needed) and one copy of the DVD9 game (on which you can't run brick-blocker thus this whole mess and regionfrii'd if needed). Then you do the following: put the non-brick-blocked DVD5 disc in. Accept the update but, when it's about 15% done, you unplug your wii. That's it, you don't need that disc anymore or do this again. From now on you start the game using the other disc, the one that is DVD5 brick-blocked and start with that. After you reach the games menu, press eject ... get the disc out and replace it with the DVD9 version.

All this you have to remember that if you don't have multiregion support enabled in your chip, all the discs from different regions (like this game) you want to try might first be run by the regionfrii program and it's region changed (set) to that of your country.

And the most important thing to remember here is NOT TO DO ANY OF THIS IF YOUR WII IS AT FIRMWARE REVISION BELOW 3.1, as this game will try to upgrade you to 3.1j if your wii is not 3.1 (u or e) already could leave you with a semi-brick wii or, worse, if you unplug the wii during the upgrade trying to do the 15% trick, it may brick your wii completely (this doesn't happen if you already have 3.1 as then it is not really updating, just adding minor stuff that is not-critical).

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's my take on these exciting last few days:

NTSC/U Wii v3.1U
Cyclowiz @ v3.6b for SMG
Verbatim media
IMGBurn

Burned SL release as is + brickblocked patched version @16x.
Did the 15% trick with the unpatched disc. No extra channels.
Used patched disc for game play.
Kids went wild in versus mode and unlocked most of the characters
biggrin.gif

Burnt DL as is @ 8x.
Booted up game with SL patched disc.
Swapped in DL @ the "Press Any Button" start screen in SSBB.
Flawless.

Been a sweet couple of days, lots of reading/laughing/reading & more reading.

Keep these threads clean playas.
An' I'm out. peace.

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, people, here is how this thing works. Of course, don't take my word for it and try to confirm it yourself.

1) Games of other regions different from our console don't usually run at all. This game, being japanese (NTSC-J), would need one of two things to ever run in either USA (NTSC-U) or Europe (PAL) Wii's:
 a) To have multiregion support on your modchip and have it enabled (wiikey has it disabled by default, this can be set with the 3.1 configuration disc).
 b) or, if you don't want to enable the multiregion support, then run regionfrii on the ISO before you burn it and set it to your region.

2) Games like this REQUIRE an update to run (more on this later). Without this update, it will not run. This update would bring your wii to 3.1 version of firmware and, perhaps, add a few non-important things. But if the update doesn't run (even if only til 15%), the game won't run.

3) When you let games of other regions run updates on your wii ... it MAY SCREW IT UP either completly (total brick), partially (semi-brick) or only add a few duplicate channels (not important and minor inconvenience).

4) Brick-Blocker doesn't work on this release (only in the partial dump DVD5 4.5GB one), but if it did, it would stop the game for runing the update, thus preventing you to run the upgrade of a game from another region inadvertenly and screwing your wii. But remeber point 2 -- This game REQUIRES running the update (even if only til 15%), so at some point you are going to need a copy of this game without brick-blocker on it. If you always brick-block everything, you'll never be able to play this game in Wii's other than japanese.

5)Since you must run the update in this disc, you have two options. But first, let me stress, that you SHOULD NOT DO ANY OF THOSE TWO OPTIONS I'M GOING TO MENTION unless your wii is already updated to the newest firmware revision of your region. For americans this would be 3.1u. For europeans 3.1e. For japanese this doesn't matter, as the game will upgrade to 3.1j if you let the full update run. If your wii's firmware is below 3.1 ... don't attempt to run this game with a non-japanese wii!!!!!!!!!!

6)Now that your wii is up to 3.1. If not, update by connecting your wii to internet. If you can't connect, you could update by running games from YOUR region that carry the updates, such as Wii Chess (PAL) if you are in europe and not-sure-what-games if you are in the US (maybe Donkey Kong Jet Racer NTSC-U). So now you have a 3.1 version of your firmware and you can proceed.

7)This are the two options you have.

A)You put the game in, of course without using brick-blocker, boots and asks you to update, accept the update and let it finish. You are done. You won't have problems with this game again or have to do anything weird. But, as a result, you will have duplicate news and weather channels in your wii.

B)You really can't live with the duplicate channels and are willing to risk complicated procedures to run the game to avoid it. Fine. Then you need: two copies of the DVD5 disc ... one "as is" (or regionfrii'd if you need it or when in doubt) and one brick-blocked (also regionfrii'd if needed) and one copy of the DVD9 game (on which you can't run brick-blocker thus this whole mess and regionfrii'd if needed). Then you do the following: put the non-brick-blocked DVD5 disc in. Accept the update but, when it's about 15% done, you unplug your wii. That's it, you don't need that disc anymore or do this again. From now on you start the game using the other disc, the one that is DVD5 brick-blocked and start with that. After you reach the games menu, press eject ... get the disc out and replace it with the DVD9 version.

All this you have to remember that if you don't have multiregion support enabled in your chip, all the discs from different regions (like this game) you want to try might first be run by the regionfrii program and it's region changed (set) to that of your country.

And the most important thing to remember here is NOT TO DO ANY OF THIS IF YOUR WII IS AT FIRMWARE REVISION BELOW 3.1, as this game will try to upgrade you to 3.1j and leave you with a semi-brick wii or, worse, if you unplug the wii during the upgrade trying to do the 15% trick, it will brick your will compleatly (this doesn't happen if you already have 3.1 as then it is not really updating, just adding minor stuff that is not-critical).

nice .. i didnt read the whole thing but damn nice... o and for this part

"*********
And the most important thing to remember here is NOT TO DO ANY OF THIS IF YOUR WII IS AT FIRMWARE REVISION BELOW 3.1, as this game will try to upgrade you to 3.1j and leave you with a semi-brick wii or, worse, if you unplug the wii during the upgrade trying to do the 15% trick, it will brick your will compleatly (this doesn't happen if you already have 3.1 as then it is not really updating, just adding minor stuff that is not-critical).
"

i think my wii was at 3.0 not 3.1 before i did all this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, we are in your walls