Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,021
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What layer break do I use??

Same as 360 games??

Someone please help

If you use ImgBurn to burn this, then you don't have to worry about layer breaks as ImgBurn recognizes and takes care of it for you.

What modchip are u using? wiikey? Does it work perfectly ?? Thanks
Cyclowiz m8
wink2.gif

Cintdrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For all those who have problems with adventure mode, what media are you using? Anybody who can play the game perfectly, what write speed and DVD brand are you using. Sorry if its already been asked, but I'm not in the mood to search through these pages...

Also, so this swap trick works with Wiikey right? Is there any sure fire way to not have to use the swaptrick, or is it just a coinflip random problem?

I used Verbatim DVD+R DL burned using Nero 8 at 4x

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok guys, I made a video, heres the link

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/Ci...nt=100_0578.flv

It's the dual layer version, my dual channels are seen, as well as my subspace progress, showing that it does indeed work. Although I just realised it looks sketchy when I put the DVD in, it is indeed the DVD9 shown at the beginning.Â
laugh.gif

edit : notice theres no swapping involved, just one disc and it runs flawlessly

Your video needs to be darker.

MSW0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am 100% Confirming the DL version can just be burned and ran on the Wiikey with no issues.

This is with the 3.1J firmware, dupe channels, no swap needed.

Happy gaming.

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok my last post and then im playing smash

here are all my vids
PHOTOBUCKET...i think i reached my limit transfering all vids to youtube will post links

SWAP TRICK VID:
PHOTOBUCKET:
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/fe...rrent=smash.flv

YOUTUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPTcF8mc6I

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STORY MODE. SHORT VID:
PHOTOBUCKET:
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/fe...venturemode.flv

YOUTUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/v/BT4Gc0g9PDI&rel=1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STORY MODE. LONG VID:
PHOTOBUCKET:
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/fe...venturelong.flv

YOUTUBE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
see you guys tomorrow enjoy any ?'s look back and read stop asking the same ?s over and over
thanks tempers could not have gotten this far without you
oh and who every raced me .. muahah i won!
GBATEMP!!!!! STILL THE BEST !
ph34r.gif

*AN ADMIN CAN CHANGE THIS NOW TO WIIKEY WORKS TOO! AND SWAP WORKS TOO
yaynds.gif

We DO NOT host illegal files - please do not ask where to obtain this ISO or give links to places to find this ISO or you will be immediately banned - This image is DVD9 full tested with DVD+R DL & Cyclowiz and apparently works. Yet to be confirmed working with any other modchips.

i reposted because i fixed vids

Cintdrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok guys, I made a video, heres the link

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/Ci...nt=100_0578.flv

It's the dual layer version, my dual channels are seen, as well as my subspace progress, showing that it does indeed work. Although I just realised it looks sketchy when I put the DVD in, it is indeed the DVD9 shown at the beginning.Â
laugh.gif

edit : notice theres no swapping involved, just one disc and it runs flawlessly

Your video needs to be darker.

Yea sorry about quality it was filmed using crappy digital camera and theres not very good lighting in that room = \

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am 100% Confirming the DL version can just be burned and ran on the Wiikey with no issues.

Happy gaming.

Happy gaming to you too. +1 for us all...

But I'm waiting for the North American release. As things develop, it'll be a lot more smooth.

ohnoeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have one idea. In dvd9 release, put outside the second layer. Now use wiiblock to first layer and put again the layers to create a dvd9 again. :3
Is can possible?

Broken english...
I have no idea what you're saying, nor do I have any idea how you change the layers of the iso, if that's what you are saying.
Anyone know what he's talking about?

Zucot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ssahnan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Happy gaming.
wait, you got dupe channels from the game even though you have 3.1J? or those dupe channels was from another game?

adding the japanese fw will give you dupe channels and no, there is not a way to get rid of them at all. the dupe channels are related to it being japanese and will not add a third set when you play a different japanese game...if you don't want the dupe channels then there is a 15% update trick that people have successfully used, just need to read up on it...

wiikey wii's can play the dvd9, no swap needed, enuf people have done it. i didnt even regionfrii my iso. so it cant play the original, but backup dvd9's seem fine. everything works, i havent had any crashes.

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have one idea. In dvd9 release, put outside the second layer. Now use wiiblock to first layer and put again the layers to create a dvd9 again. :3
Is can possible?

Broken english...
I have no idea what you're saying, nor do I have any idea how you change the layers of the iso, if that's what you are saying.
he/she means you cut the first layer from DL iso. run wbb on that one then re-join it with the rest.

ssahnan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried memorex on mine, worked fine...my brother has some sony he is gonna try...another friend of mine tried verbatim, worked fine...doesnt seem nearly as finicky on dl as regular dvdr, my wii will only boot one type and brand of dvdr

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is can possible?

Broken english...

Yeah ... he is trying to ask about my suggestion to make a brick-blocked DVD9 ISO ... basically he wants to know if he can split the DVD9 .iso file (i.e. with a hex editor) and substitute the first 4.5GB of the brick-blocked DVD5 iso file.

Yeah, that should work. But someone needs to byte-compare the first 4.5GB of the DVD9 to make sure they are the same as the 4.5GB of the DVD5 release.

I have neither. I don't even have a Wii. So I can't check.

The result would be a DVD9 "brick-blocked" that wouldn't need the swap trick for those that decided to stop the upgrade 15% instead of letting it run 100%. The ones that run it 100% don't need any swap tricks at all already. That would be a "temporary fix" until a new version of brick-blocker can properly patch double layer isos.

dreadbread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Happy gaming.
wait, you got dupe channels from the game even though you have 3.1J? or those dupe channels was from another game?
goshdang
adding the japanese fw will give you dupe channels and no, there is not a way to get rid of them at all. the dupe channels are related to it being japanese and will not add a third set when you play a different japanese game...if you don't want the dupe channels then there is a 15% update trick that people have successfully used, just need to read up on it...

wiikey wii's can play the dvd9, no swap needed, enuf people have done it. i didnt even regionfrii my iso. so it cant play the original, but backup dvd9's seem fine. everything works, i havent had any crashes.
goshdang
you dont know what you are talking about. he said he has a 3.1J firmware meaning he has a Japanese Wii. there is no way a Japanese game can give you duplicate channels because you already have those Japanese news and weather channels. i just asked because he included dupe channels on his post and i wanted to confirm.

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, it works on Wiikey, NTSC and PAL?
And the game works without swapping if you do the 100% update?
I did the 15% trick on DVD5, does that mean I have to swap?
If I put in the DVD9 now, will it ask for update? Cause if it does, Ill just update and get the Dupes
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BakerMan what systems do you have
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what are your favorite games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what are you currently playing?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    Just started God of War 2 on the PS2
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    why we saying hello again for?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, cuz you both werent here
    +1
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    oh btw, did you know that the teenage mutant ninja turtles is having an r rated live action movie?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I did not know that
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but it would make sense
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: that's a true story